Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Thread: Biking in the D

Default Biking in the D

Take a look at this blog, you may find it of interest.

http://bbandm.wordpress.com/

This is a great blog site, shows a good look into the D!

Man, for a second I thought this was about bilking in the D.

I wrote a thread about a biking adventure in the city...great sites to see and many interesting citizens to meet along the way...we started at Golden Gate Cafe..stopped in Boston Edison on the way for ward and back at a very hospitable pool-artist party..down Woodward...up the riverfront..through Indian Village -Blvd to Millwaukee back to Woodward....you HAVE to take a bike ride through Detroit! You HAVE to......

Today's Groupon is for half off bike tours at Wheelhouse. I bought three!

Quote Originally Posted by Sarah View Post
    Today's Groupon is for half off bike tours at Wheelhouse. I bought three!
    I never heard of Groupon, cool!

Check out the latest entry - free blues concerts in an eastside field.

http://bbandm.wordpress.com/

This recent blog is typical of the east side vacant streets, but brings light of what fun the residents are having with their own neighborhood!

that blog is on my list of favorites...i truly enjoy reading it

Today is National Bike to Work Day!

Enjoy your ride to work.

I did enjoy my ride to work! Although 7th Avenue through Times Square is a disaster...I wish it was along the Riverwalk from Harbortown to downtown...maybe someday.

Quote Originally Posted by WPitonya View Post
    I did enjoy my ride to work! Although 7th Avenue through Times Square is a disaster...I wish it was along the Riverwalk from Harbortown to downtown...maybe someday.
    Sounds like an interesting ride in NYC.

The 2nd annual Colin Hubbell Bike Ride is this Saturday starting at 10:00 AM. This is a leisurely, family friendly ride.

Here's the info -

http://www.detroitmidtown.com/05/news.php?id=118

I met a couple from Kentucky, probably in their late 50s, who were doing a one-month bike tour all over the eastern half of the country, and they were gushing about what a great ride they had in Detroit and Pontiac.

They were not at all happy about their experience in the suburbs, chiefly because of how different conditions are [[road design and traffic).

Metro Times had a great article along these lines - something we should jump on and take advantage of!

Professorscott-

As The Kentucky couple you met discovered, Detroit is a great city to ride in. Plenty of wide, wide streets and roads, little traffic and lots to discover. I know what they mean about suburban riding. The little riding I've done in the burbs, I found to be quite stressful and in many cases dangerous.

eastside