Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Michigan & Trumbull to get Coney Island

Don't worry, you won't be rounding first in order to get two on one with everything and a side of chili cheese fries.

I just stopped in and talked with the new owner of Maxie's on the Southwest corner of Michigan & Trumbull. They are currently completely gutting the place, remodeling it, and are going to open up a coney island. He is hoping the place will be ready to open in approximately 6 months time.

Just in time for the World Series ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Supersport View Post
    Don't worry, you won't be rounding first in order to get two on one with everything and a side of chili cheese fries.

I just stopped in and talked with the new owner of Maxie's on the Southwest corner of Michigan & Trumbull. They are currently completely gutting the place, remodeling it, and are going to open up a coney island. He is hoping the place will be ready to open in approximately 6 months time.
    Wow, this is great news--my old neighborhood. I love that area.
    Keep on building, Detroit!

There's already a thread about this.

Not to piss on this thread, but Coney Islands are on every other corner in the city [[and there are at least 5 well known coneys in Downtown alone). It's like cheering for a new liquor store opening around the corner. It's REALLY not that big of a deal IMO.

Now when a Waffle House of Cheesecake Factory opens up inteh city, let me know!

Quote Originally Posted by 313WX View Post
    Not to piss on this thread, but Coney Islands are on every other corner in the city [[and there are at least 5 well known coneys in Downtown alone). It's like cheering for a new liquor store opening around the corner. It's REALLY not that big of a deal IMO.
    Well I, for one, think its a big deal when any vacant, blighted building is renovated and reused for a new business in Detroit. Corktown doesn't have a 'true' Coney and this will be a welcome addition to Michigan & Trumbull.