Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Work on building on Cass

Driving in today I saw work [[heavy equipment) going on at a building on Cass near Charlotte I beleive. What's going on there?

New entrance ramp for the Ambassador Bridge?

I don't know. Maybe you are confusing it for this, half a mile north?

"Owners transforming former party store into 3 boutique-ready storefronts at Cass and Willis"
    http://modeldmedia.com/devnews/casswillis042010.aspx

If not, I'd like to hear what is going on. I ride down Cass almost daily so I'll check it out today.

But as for the new storefronts, terrific news, and exactly what that area needs right now. I'm hoping a clothing store or two will go in. Midtown continues to be on a role, and is not showing any signs of stopping. Let's hope for more renovations in that little area and maybe some new construction on that parking lot across the street.

No, I was headed south on Cass and it was between somewhere between Peterboro and Temple on the west side. Hopefully it is more progress.

My buddy Jerry is working on that rebuild. He sais his boss is getting 5k grants per structure that their company rehabs, houses included.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarah View Post
    No, I was headed south on Cass and it was between somewhere between Peterboro and Temple on the west side. Hopefully it is more progress.
    Yeah... Sorry. I biked past their today and I saw a dumpster out front of the row of buildings that includes the old Gold Dollar, which was at one time an important music venue in the local scene.

Also, good to hear about another rehab on Cass ave!

Yep that's the building! So nice to see work being done in that area. I think people were on the roof this morning with a small back hoe or something.

I drove by today and saw a john scaling the wall trying to get at that hoe on the roof.

That wasn't John, that was Django.

There was one of those bucket things there this morning.

Here is the building in question.

I wonder what they are doing with it.