Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Buy American Guest

Default Groner's Judgment on Kilpatrick

Groner won't sentence thug KK today. Why?
    What a bunch of costly bull$hit! This is costing the taxpayers so much more money that thug KK will ever pay back...it's becoming a joke.
    Last edited by Buy American; April-20-10 at 01:33 PM.

lilpup Guest

Did you miss the part about a pre-sentencing report being required by law?

Guilty as charged, but he walks for now. The judge's ruling is not out of line except for those wishing vengeance [just about everybody lol]. But this is about getting the money back more than satisfying the mob. His point was that he is making payment and that sending him to jail just costs money and cuts off receipt of payment. I anticipate the sentence will be a fine instead of hard time.

From Feep.com live webcast:
    Attachment 5835

Stosh Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Lowell View Post
    Guilty as charged, but he walks for now. The judge's ruling is not out of line except for those wishing vengeance [just about everybody lol]. But this is about getting the money back more than satisfying the mob. His point was that he is making payment and that sending him to jail just costs money and cuts off receipt of payment. I anticipate the sentence will be a fine instead of hard time.

From Feep.com live webcast:
    Attachment 5835
    A fine? He won't pay that either. Bring on the feds. Please.

Quote Originally Posted by Buy American View Post
    Groner won't sentence thug KK today. Why?
    What a bunch of costly bull$hit! This is costing the taxpayers so much more money that thug KK will ever pay back...it's becoming a joke.
    Agreed!

Another 30 days when KK will probably inject some money [[which we all know he already has) at the last second [[to snub the system once again) and avoid a sentencing [[once again). This process repeats itself every 60-90 days, which continues to cost the city [[that KK loves so much) excessive money [[which it doesn't have b/c it's locked up in Carlita's coffers) and painstaking headlines [[which do nobody anygood) except the Freep, detnews and click [[all of whom are sensationalist $hi+ rags anyway).*

*Done in a Chris Farley voiceover

lilpup Guest

No, he has no way of avoiding sentencing. It's just a matter of what the sentence will be.

I think Carlita's lawsuit is a huge mistake on her part. She has now invited the closest scrutiny possible of their financial shenanigans.

GREAT job by Groner basing his decision on the non-surrender of the tax refunds. That's a cut and dried violation that won't be tied up in and potentially overturned during any future arguments about Kilpatrick assets.
    Last edited by lilpup; April-20-10 at 02:11 PM.

Buy American Guest

It's not vengeance I'm after, it's justice. This has been going on and on for months. Today should have been decision day. He was found to be in violation of his probation on a number of counts, he should have been sentenced today as well....either jail time or fine or both. I can't help but feel that if this were Joe Public, Joe would already have a cell mate named Bubba and he'd be there for many months or years. I guess that's what having money does for people like thug KK...it buys lots of time.

Did you guys feel the hostility growing between the judge and the prosecution? Holy Kwap!!!

Is anyone else starting to see Judge Groner looking like a dog chasing it's tail?
    Seems to me that the Justice system takes one step forward and two steps back in this case every time there are delays and cheap ploys [[like Carlita's recent move).

lilpup Guest

Quote Originally Posted by detroitsgwenivere View Post
    Did you guys feel the hostility growing between the judge and the prosecution? Holy Kwap!!!
    The judge is trying to make airtight decisions that won't provide grounds for appeal or risk of being overturned. Doing so will circumvent many future Kilpatrick attempts at stalling and evasion.

Apparently Groner said something that may have indicated what kind of sentence Kwame will be getting. He made a statement regarding Wayne County Jail, which would indicate a jail rather than prison sentence, meaning he would serve a year or less.

Quote Originally Posted by lilpup View Post
    The judge is trying to make airtight decisions that won't provide grounds for appeal or risk of being overturned. Doing so will circumvent many future Kilpatrick attempts at stalling and evasion.
    Yeah, what you said, Lilpup .

Part of Judge Groaner's [sic] reason for permitting Kilpatrick to continue being free on bond, was so that he can continue making payments. This leads me to believe that he will only sentence him to maybe stricter probation terms, and perhaps add fine[[s) and penaltie[[s) to his debt.

Too bad that the judge won't be able to sentence him to the hoosegow w/ a work release, but of course it is very possible Kwame kovered that possibility after being hired by Karmanos by requesting an assignment to work in TX.

It is quite glaringly obvious that KK, in addition to withholding income and hiding assets, isn't exactly living very frugally, he is thumbing his nose at the legal system, and giving Detroit the middle finger as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Flanders View Post
    It is quite glaringly obvious that KK, in addition to withholding income and hiding assets, isn't exactly living very frugally, he is thumbing his nose at the legal system, and giving Detroit the middle finger as well.
    He was seen flying first class last night. I know he's a big guy and needs the room, but request an exit row like the rest of us commoners...

lilpup Guest

Quote Originally Posted by jcole View Post
    Apparently Groner said something that may have indicated what kind of sentence Kwame will be getting. He made a statement regarding Wayne County Jail, which would indicate a jail rather than prison sentence, meaning he would serve a year or less.
    No. The Prosecutor's office wanted KK remanded to custody until sentencing. That would have been in Wayne County Jail at taxpayers' expense, as Groner pointed out, instead of leaving KK out for another month and collecting his $3,000 restitution payment.

Groner's comment about being prepared at the sentencing makes me think KK's not going to get off lightly.

There are bigger fish involved. Under extreme pressure, i.e. a prison term, Kwame might flip and talk. Big fish won't let this happen. Money to pay his fines will show up.

Attachment 5836

Oh the humanity!

Quote Originally Posted by gnome View Post
    Attachment 5836

Oh the humanity!
    That's so f@cking funny!

lilpup Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Bobl View Post
    There are bigger fish involved. Under extreme pressure, i.e. a prison term, Kwame might flip and talk. Big fish won't let this happen. Money to pay his fines will show up.
    Big fish paying his fines won't make a difference now. He's already been convicted of probation violation.

Quote Originally Posted by gnome View Post
    Attachment 5836

Oh the humanity!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6_AwzuK0zU

I thought this, from the Free Press live blog, was interesting:

< <The hearing is scheduled to start in about five minutes. But here's our first interesting nugget: Just ran into Compuware founder Pete Karmanos at a Thai restaurant in downtown Detroit. We exchanged pleasantries then I asked Karmanos whether he could say anything about the employment status of his best-known employee, Kwame Kilpatrick. Karmanos said he would not comment, but did say: "That Thai food is spicy."> >

Does this suggest that Karmanos and the Greek Kwame Kilpatrick Admiration Society are preparing to cut KK loose?

He probably will be made to serve weekends, in a Texas jail. This way, he will be able to still work and pay some restitution.

Why is the court permitting the Kilpatrick clan to enjoy a lifestyle only slightly stepped down from their days in the Mayor's Manoogian Mansion?

Why aren't they living instead in at best a modest two or three-bedroom apartment, with only the most basic amenities available, and leasing one plain vanilla sedan, so that Kwame can pay off somewhat more of his $$$ debt, even though the fact is that he would never pay the entire amount due, even if he had it [[which he probably did and signed off/transferred all of it to his wife) ???

Is Covisint providing a vehicle to use for his job?

So many questions about this Krook and his wife, especially their possible culpability in the murders of the two Maboogian party strippers that will likely never be answered, nor perhaps fully investigated.

Quote Originally Posted by Flanders View Post
    Part of Judge Groaner's [sic] reason for permitting Kilpatrick to continue being free on bond, was so that he can continue making payments. This leads me to believe that he will only sentence him to maybe stricter probation terms, and perhaps add fine[[s) and penaltie[[s) to his debt.
    Hello Flanders: I noticed that too. Maybe it is the judge's way of saying that Kwame is too big for jail. I smell a bailout coming

Does anyone know for certain whether he would still be required to pay the restitution if he serves jail time for the parole violation?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast