Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Carlita Kilpatrick may ask to separate assets

The wife of ex-Detroit Mayor Kwame Kilpatrick plans to ask a federal judge to intervene in an ongoing restitution case between him and prosecutors, according to a draft of a document obtained by The Associated Press.....

It names Wayne County and Prosecutor Kym Worthy as defendants.

The document asks a judge to stop Wayne County and Worthy "from taking any further action to capture the assets of Plaintiffs to satisfy the restitution of Probationer, Kwame Kilpatrick."

"Plaintiffs also pray that the court issue a declaratory order holding that the assets of Plaintiffs cannot be used satisfy the restitution of Probationer," the draft reads.....

In the draft document, Carlita Kilpatrick argues that Wayne County and Worthy are seeking to force her husband to use money belonging to her or the couple's sons toward his $1 million restitution.....

Among the funds the documents claims are being sought for restitution is $39,000 in educational funds established in 1998 for each twin son and $34,000 established in 2002 for the youngest son. He also has been ordered to turn over the entire $23,369 from the couple's 2008 federal income tax return.

"Defendants are attempting to capture these funds despite the fact that these funds were established prior to the inception of the legal troubles of their father, Mr. Kwame Kilpatrick," according to the document. "Neither Plaintiff Carlita Kilpatrick nor the minor children are parties to the criminal proceedings pertaining to the probation of Kwame Kilpatrick."
    http://freep.com/article/20100419/NE...familys-assets

OMG not another lawsuit from the Kilpatricks. How absurd. When is this ever going to end? Just pay what you are supposed to, and be gone.

lilpup Guest

Carlita might get a rude awakening.

They need to pay what they owe and move on.

And I don't understand why she stuck by him in the first place. Not that she's completely innocent either.

I want to know what they are itemizing to get a 23,000.00 refund! I must be doing my taxes all wrong...

bartock Guest

Ignorance and arrogance. I can't help but think that every time the feds are ready with indictments, they find something else.

Buy American Guest

Just what is all hers anyway? Is she working? Does she have a 401K? Does she have a pension? Is she getting aid? Or, is this all the monies that her rich benefactors supposedly have given her over the past few years as gifts to help her out during these trying times? thug KK and Carlita are trying alright, they are trying my patience and hopefully Judge Groners' patience.

It's all a desperate attempt to save what she can now that it looks like the gravy train has jumped the tracks. She's out their scooping up all she can before someone else [[like Detroit city or the Feds) come and take it all away.
    What makes this so comical is that they are so blatant. They are subtle as a baseball bat across the head.
    The IRS must be smacking their lips seeing this all play out.

Quote Originally Posted by daddeeo View Post
    It's all a desperate attempt to save what she can now that it looks like the gravy train has jumped the tracks. She's out their scooping up all she can before someone else [[like Detroit city or the Feds) come and take it all away.
    What makes this so comical is that they are so blatant. They are subtle as a baseball bat across the head.
    The IRS must be smacking their lips seeing this all play out.
    Help me out - Why will the IRS/Judge/Feds not try and freeze the continued pilfering that they seem to have been doing since they left the city. I mean, until they stop stealing and lying, the feds will continue backlogging more and more offenses. At that rate, we'll never get them into court if all they can do is investigate ongoing allegations.

Side note: As other losers continue to be tried....... when is Bobby Ferguson going to re-appear? Him and Bully need they're day in court too. I would prefer the FEDS just work their way up the sundae, all finalized by the big fatcat Kwame getting his azz handed to him in court as the cherry on top. Mmmm-mmm bi+ches!

Wouldn't it be in Carlita's best interest to first get a job before opening up another can of worms...Is she that arrogant to think that her "assets" are free from scrutiny?

Buy American Guest

thug KK has not completed one deal since working for Karmanos...how is he paying his monthly restitution...how is he paying for his lawyers...how is he paying for anything?
    The Michigan Cancer Foundation should remove Karmanos' name from their building, I would be ashamed to be named after a crook like him. thug KK definitely has something on him for him to be able to keep the high paying, low profile job.

I work for the tax system. A smart person keeps their name out of print in fear of major scrutiny by the IRS and their workload screeners. Screeners review newspapers for leads weekly. Carlita and the crew once again show how utterly stupid they are. For a person with no job, no history of inherited money and a large trail of suspicious behavior she has invited major inquisitions about her and good ole KKs activities.. This bunch is more stupid that one can even imagine.

Neither Carlita or Kwame are the brightest bulbs on the scoreboard. Oh, wait, I forgot they are college graduates. They must be smarter than me. Dear, dear.

Even the brightest bulbs burn out.
    The sun is out every day. Sometimes, you just have to rise above the clouds to see it.
    Sometimes smart people do stupid things. The Kilpatricks are just not very bright at
    covering their tracks.