Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Breakfast in the D

Ive tried the Pancake House on 8 mile..the snooty place downtown where I was politely asked to remove my brim...the Turkey Grill has a 'brefice' special-dolla niney nine includes turkey sausage and bacon...ends at 11 but I can never seem to drag my ass out of bed in time..with all the soul food spots [[heard Big Boy on Jefferson has some slammin down home goodies) there should be some good carryout and dine in specials...got any suggestions? We gonna have us an Alabama brefice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Louie's at Northline and Middlebelt, although not the city. Louie's started out on the Westside on Mich Ave near the Blvd. Moved two to locations on the Eastside, with the last being on Cadieux. Until just a few years ago he had Louie's #2 in Southgate, sold the joint, however they retained name and healthy portions. Since then resold, renamed and lesser portions.

Default Woodbridge Pub

That new pub in Woodbridge serves a brunch on Sundays

and it was.....

AWWWWWESOMMMMEEEE

just sayin

LodgeDodger Guest

..the snooty place downtown where I was politely asked to remove my brim
    Hardly snooty. Wearing your hat indoors shows a lack of manners.

Agreed LD.

TerryH, you looking for a weekend brunch place or a daily joint?

The TelWay ain't no brunch place but they have a solid breakfast, good coffee. Mike's Ham place on Michigan, the Hygrade deli next door...

A lot of the local coney islands serve up a decent breakfast. It all depends on where you're willing to drive.

DetroitPole Guest

Of all things that may fall short in Detroit, breakfast is not one of them.
    For the past few years, I have stuck with women who can cook a better breakfast than a diner, thus, I have little reason to spend my cash when I can sleep in
    However, in the recent past, Louie's at Mack and Russell has served up an unpretentious yet better-than-Coney breakfast. One of my best friends, another current and lifelong Detroiter, swears by Detroit One Coney Island on Woodward for breakfast, although he also highly recommends the Bronx breakfast menu, as do I.
    As a previous poster mentioned, Telway is quite unique, and I have an uncle that swears by Johnny Ham King on Fort. I can vouch for that too.
    For Chicken and Waffles, try the New Center Eatery on the Boulevard, just west of Woodward.

LodgeDodger Guest

betterhalf liked the New Center Eatery. Friends and family state the Detroit One Coney on Woodward serves an excellent breakfast. I've eaten there for lunch and it is good. Can't say anything about breakfast--I don't like breakfast food.

There's also Plaka's in Greektown.

DetroitDad Guest

Quote Originally Posted by LodgeDodger View Post
    Hardly snooty. Wearing your hat indoors shows a lack of manners.
    Agreed LodgeDodger! To the other poster; let's not confuse snooty with respectable dress.

One of our favorite breakfast places is Honest? John's. Also enjoy Plaka's.

Still missing The Butcher's Inn for Saturday breakfast....

'brim'? If you mean a hat, try McDonalds. Or Hardees.

Ravine Guest

Now, I'm confused. I always thought Terryh was a white guy.

So, now I'm wondering what's so noteworthy about liking sultry Nubian goddesses with sensuously gyrating hips? Don't most heterosexual black guys like them?

And I thought Terryh lived in Ferndale.
    Turns out that Rochester lives in Terryh.

bartock Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Kathleen View Post
    One of our favorite breakfast places is Honest? John's. Also enjoy Plaka's.

Still missing The Butcher's Inn for Saturday breakfast....
    You shouldn't be missing The Butcher's Inn for Saturday breakfast. It's been reopened for some time now and is the best, in my opinion.

Someone already mentioned Louie's. Can't beat the sausage at Vivio's [[and all the Bloody Mary drinkers on Saturdays). Also, Clique isn't the best breakfast, but it is a cool place to people watch.

Harvard Grill on Mack [[across the street from Maxey Lincoln in GP city or Farms).

Does anyone know if Majestic still does a Sunday brunch? What about St. Regis?

Bartock: Who's the chef at the Butcher's Inn these days? My understanding is that the former owner has moved on to Foran's, which I haven't been able to check out for weekend breakfasts.

Russell street deli has fantastic breakfasts

Sorry this is a bit beyond the thread but thought you all might be able to answer the question. Years ago [[70s) there was a small restaurant in Mt. Clemens. Actually it was small house that had been converted located in a residential neighborhood. It looked like they had built the counter in the living room. It served an awsome breakfast. The plate was actually the size of a serving platter and just loaded with eggs, hash browns, lots of bacon [[not those two little bitty slices), lots of sausage and ham. Does anybody know about it?

Louie's on Mack.... MMMMMMMMMMMmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

I usually do Honest John's [[too expensive, though, when you factor in my Bloody Mary bill!)
    Sadly, I heard the Steak Hut closed.

Honest John's [[Chicken & Waffles), Foran's [[The Hill-Billy), and Woodbridge Pub[[Hangover Special) is currently being patronized and endorsed by CBA [[Corktown Beach Association).

Quote Originally Posted by Detroitnerd View Post
    I usually do Honest John's [[too expensive, though, when you factor in my Bloody Mary bill!)
    Sadly, I heard the Steak Hut closed.
    Holy Crap! Whats my dad going to do now!?!

For daily good and cheap...nothing beats the folks at Zeff's at Eastern Market, or my absolute favorite...Duly's, open 24 hours...breakfast anytime.

Which is good, because I don't stick to schedules.

Quote Originally Posted by Gannon View Post
    or my absolute favorite...Duly's, open 24 hours...breakfast anytime.
    Which is good, because I don't stick to schedules.
    The old Coney Island located on W. Vernor near Junction?

Back in the 80's and when the Taylor Shopping Mall first opened, there was a much larger Duly's in there, however it didn't last long.

Default it's the shorecrest you fools!

i can't believe no one has said the shorecrest! hello people, only one of the best places to eat fro breakfast. Shorecrest motel diner on jefferson will blow your socks off. My absolute favorite!

also most coney islands have great cheap breakfasts. Grandy's is really good. I think it's either caniff or holbrook. It's close to I-75 freeway.

Now, I'm confused. I always thought Terryh was a white guy.
    He is.

The plate was actually the size of a serving platter and just loaded with eggs, hash browns, lots of bacon [[not those two little bitty slices), lots of sausage and ham. Does anybody know about it?
    They had to close. All the customers died from heart disease.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast