On behalf of myself and Rare Earth, I would like to thank all the wonderful Detroiters that packed Alvin’s last night. The dance floor was rockin’ in harmony, especially with “Get Ready.” We had an absolute blast. As always, Rare Earth’s goal is to play their very best at every concert, and they certainly do that every single time! Hometown gigs are always nail biters for the band, and for me. Even though pleasing the crowd is never a problem for Rare Earth, there is just something about playing at home that brings about an unexplainable excitement. We love Detroit. May the music always bring happiness to all the people!

And might I add: no matter what is being said about Detroit, I got news for ya—us Detroiters know how to rock! We were driving around the inner city streets of Cass Corridor at 2: am this morning. The city was astoundingly beautiful. The streets were clean and there was no sign of violence whatsoever! I love Detroit; the city rocks! Come see Detroit. We got a lot of great stuff going on here. And it has only begun. Summer is around the corner and that’s when Detroit lights up and the people come out!

God Bless Detroit!

Johnnie Sue Bridges