Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 98 of 432 FirstFirst ... 48 88 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 108 148 198 ... LastLast
Results 2,426 to 2,450 of 10776

Thread: Garwood Mansion

Drummer 21...Nice rig...God I Love the Drums...Excelent!!!!!...Stone Happy b-day..Stillrockin..The Cool air up here will be a Magic cure for you....Old Guy would love to show you some joints in the D after the weekend...Det313..the gardens look Great

To my friends from Garwood attending the reunion and staying at the residence inn hotel I am having to 2 limousine pick us up at 7:30pm at the hotel and taking us to the reunion and picking up at the 2:00am back to the hotel I have room for 6or7 more. Oh did I say limousine well it a mini bus .

HOOVER

Reserve your place now let me know.

Hoover the mover

I've always known how good Drummer21 is. I was with him when he got his first trap set, and he never looked back. Plus, he always got all the chicks! But then again, anybody wearing a Chicago Cubs hat has got it goin' on anyway. Maury Wills signed mine last Thanksgiving. Haven't washed it yet.

You Definately Rock, Dude!!

PHP Code:
    [quote=Whaler;29667]Drummer 21...Nice rig...God I Love the Drums...Excelent!!!!! 
    Whaler... Thank you for the kind words! That kit is fun to play. God I love them also, there good for the soul.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY LARRY

Quote Originally Posted by stnfrnt View Post
    I've always known how good Drummer21 is. I was with him when he got his first trap set, and he never looked back. Plus, he always got all the chicks! But then again, anybody wearing a Chicago Cubs hat has got it goin' on anyway. Maury Wills signed mine last Thanksgiving. Haven't washed it yet.

You Definately Rock, Dude!!

Love you Bro, Thank you.
    Don't wash that hat, put it away some place safe! I'll get you a new one for your birthday.

Go Cubbies

Beat 21 Ilistened to your sight the other night and got blown away you are doing some very nice music. Even as a kid you were ahead of your years looking forward to seeing you next weekend . CANDY S bringing his ceramonial drum I cant wait to hear you two banging on that thing.

HAPPY B DAY every one of ya! June must have been a very busy month back in the late 40s.

Same goes for that bushy haired blond kid when he came to audition for the band I could not believe what I was hearing. How could a young guy get that good in so short of time. A couple of naturals.

Gus......actually, October was a pretty busy month back in the late 40s too. I think it had to do with the weather.

Along with that bushy haired blond kid from Algonac, there was a long haired [[non bushy) blond kid from Rockford that showed up around the same time. I was worried they weren't going to let us play in the bars because they were too young.

I remember coming out of gigs and heading home to the mansion, and people were stopping Harry and telling him how good "Lester" sounded that night. The kid had his own little group of guys that would come to gigs just to hear him play! They knew!

Mark could not only play some kick-ass bass, he could really sing! He had a neat little band called "Skag" that gigged at the "World Famous Rumpus Room" out in Belvidere. Somehow he found his way to the Garwood and the rest is........well, still going on.
    Attachment 1625

Mark "4string" Swanberg: Just graduated East Rockford High School
    about 20 minutes ago.
    Last edited by stnfrnt; June-23-09 at 01:49 AM.

Sug.... Thank you!! I'm just blown away by your comments.

Saturday should be a ball, good friends, great music, and a cold one [[or two). I'm really looking forward to it. The more drums the better.

Hey Jeep.......you were still in high school when you came to the Garwood, weren't you?

Hey Hoover......I'll ride on the roof, if that's okay. I don't think I could handle your pole dancers AND the helium. Then there's the kazoos. Nope. I better be on the roof. It's not that far, is it?

Uhhhhhh Ruth.....Cobo Hall?? Joe Louis Arena?? Tiger Stadium?? Ralph's house???

Happy birthday larry..........Attachment 1626
    Last edited by Margie; October-14-09 at 06:54 AM.

PHP Code:
    [quote=stnfrnt;29809]Hey Jeep.......you were still in high school when you came to the Garwoodweren't you? 
    Stnfrnt..... Yes I was but I can't remember if I was in 11th or 12th grade at the time. Even at that age it was easy to see how special the situation was for the band. Your music brought me there and I'm happy to see that it's being released. It's great art and that's why it's still valid.

LARRY thank you for keeping me honest I had almost forget about Jeffs little bro. What was up with those kids. Must have been something in the water. Their all growed now cant wait to see them. OG i WAS WONDERING ABOUT THOSE COMMENTS ABOUT JOHNS SITE ALSO Whats sup

I think ill toast to rona right now here to ha young lady!

Margie.......I can't stand it!! Actually I could, but.................thanks. I sure don't feel 52.

Gus.....man, I'm with you 100% on those kids. Freaking amazing talent for a bunch of youngsters. It's a special thing, ya know?

Rona......I'm glad to see that Gus is checking out his long distance toasting technique already; making sure it's gonna' work at the party. It's the quality control side of him we don't see to often.

OG and anyone else interested, we can hit some bars in Detroit anytime you like. I have room for four in my rather comfortable compact car. I don't do clubs, just dives. I'll be the designated driver and if there are more than four, we can enlist other drivers and vehicles. Glee said he has a large vehicle hidden away in his garage. We'll discuss it more later.

Hello to all from Brian 'Cap'n Ahab', 'Cap'n Nemo' McDonald. He said he's sad and disappointed but he won't be making the trip north. He's dealing with lot's of family stuff right now. I told him we all send our greetings and thoughts and we'll miss him at our reunion. I'm really dissappointed. I worked with him and hung out at his joint for years. Brian's Soup Kitchen Saloon was one of my all-time favorite bars. You guys would have loved it.

Sammy Wickizer passes on his greetings to the GarWoodians. We're gonna try to get Breeze out Tuesday evening for a warmer upper to the reunion.

Check out the Soup Kitchen Saloon schedule for November 1981. Brian McDonald did entertainment like this for 25 years at the 'Soup'. These are only the featured acts from the weekends. Other nights the 'Soup' had people like Dick Siegel and his Ministers of Melody, or as Siegel called them, the 'Rabbi's of Rythm', Aaron 'Little Sonny' Willis, The Urbations, etc, etc. I got to work with these people and Brian actually paid me to do so. It wasn't always pleasant but the music was always rockin' GOOD. Koko Taylor, who just passed, was a regular. What a terror to work with, but what a performer to see.
    Last edited by 1KielsonDrive; June-16-09 at 11:26 PM.

Larry,
    Happy birthday ol man. My birthday is this thursday and I sure don't feel 52 either. With all the face lifts and liposuction I dont look a day over 63.
    Im gonna party like its 1999.
    Still rocken-keep up the good work,detgrll-whats under the patch?
    Ruth: , Ashanta, sana
    STONEFRONT LIVES !

GEMINI'S, GEMINI'S, GEMINI'S the place was loaded with em'.
    Astrology has been an interest of mine, as far back as I can remember. I was amazed back then how many Gemini's lived or were hanging at the house at that time.
    I always thought, "what a coincidence".

Let's see...Larry, Victor, John, Mark, Mark, Margie. Who else? Was David Leonard, I think so.
    I know there were a bunch.
    Last edited by det313grrl; June-09-09 at 11:42 AM.

I need to be held down !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!Attachment 1633
    Last edited by Margie; October-14-09 at 06:54 AM.

Page 98 of 432 FirstFirst ... 48 88 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 108 148 198 ... LastLast