Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 92 of 432 FirstFirst ... 42 82 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 102 142 192 ... LastLast
Results 2,276 to 2,300 of 10776

Thread: Garwood Mansion

Stnfrnt wrote:
    >>Rickbeall.....how about we all just get up and play together. You've given everyone the basics, and believe me brother, that's all this crew needs; and sometimes not even that much! There is some tryth behind that description saying Stonefront is one of the most prolific jam bands to come out of Detroit in the Post Viet Nam era, or some shit like that.

Sure, that's sounds great to me! Perfect!

Stnfrnt wrote:

>>There's also some trUth to it. I wonder what "tryth" is. I'll look it up and get back to you

That's the old English Chaucer/Shakespeare in you coming out ... either that or the beast. Forsooth!

Hey Rick can I sing the part WHO HOOVER?

Sure man, you can sing any part you want!

Hey Ruth now that I'm going to be performing on the 13 do I get my $30.00 back? I will need a few things like one wireless mic and 6 helium balloon. Ruth your the best.

Hoover
    Last edited by stillrockin; June-03-09 at 04:11 PM.

Hoover.......no offense, but if you're going to sing, I think YOU should be paying pay US $30 to sit and listen.

Hoover - that $30 was spent long ago! So long ago that you might have to pay again!

Wow! Hoover singing with the help of 6 helium balloons. Should be a sound we'll all remember for a long time.

Larry didn't like my idea of me singing he never was much fun.

hey RickB we'll do the hooversmover later in the evening

Gus.......the sculptor's name is Doug Dourghety[[sp). On the 3rd page of Collier's blog, there's a photo of him and his daughter in a 3-shot. THAT is a fantastic photo, by the way. No luck finding anyone except I think Ruth heard from Dave Livermore.

Drummer21.......don't encourage Hoover to do anything. He's a handfull all by himself. I saw his waterbed on ebay last week. It was a package deal that included the mansion front door and some hand painted mini-bongs that survived the fire.

Sounds good! Later in the evening!

Quote Originally Posted by stnfrnt View Post
    Drummer21.......don't encourage Hoover to do anything. He's a handfull all by himself. I saw his waterbed on ebay last week. It was a package deal that included the mansion front door and some hand painted mini-bongs that survived the fire.
    Stnfrnt.... Sorry, I lost my head for a minute, I'm back now.

I have 2 docks lined up for whomever decides to pull their boats. Trailers can probably stay over for one night and then off to other locations - Gleeman's, my girlfriend's driveway, my brother's, etc. Trailers can come back for an overnight for loading. As I suggested earlier, whomever is thinking of towing a boat might want to cooperate with someone else and haul one less boat. I don't know how many people will be fishing on the main days of our re-union. There's a lot of activities. If there's 1, 2 or more boats, the boaters and fishers can team up. I used to haul my boats around. I hated it. Even just going up to northern Michigan. During the season, I'd haul it and leave it. If I was going somewhere for only a few days, I didn't bother. That's me. Maybe you guys feel different.

Stone, for someone who seemed barely computer literate [[I don't know that for a fact because I don't know your circumstances) at the start of your posting here at DY, you surely have turned out to be the [[computer) Wiz of the Gar Wood.

I'm so excited...I have to work some of this off !Attachment 1546
    Last edited by Margie; October-14-09 at 06:54 AM.

1kd.......I bought this used Toshiba Satellite M-105 1021S in October of last year from a friend for $350. I also have an IBM Thinkpad that I got off another veteran here for $360, and it was loaded with softwear with everything from Microsoft Office 2007 Home and Office Edition plus Microsoft Office Works to Encarta, which may just be the most fascinating program around [[personal opinion). My friend also let me have a Dell Desktop with Intel Pentium and Windows XP Home Edition w/Service Pack 3, and a Brother MFC 2280 copier/scanner/printer/fax-----all for $350. I bought all this stuff [[plus an HP Photosmart C5580 All in One Printer-Scanner-Copier at a time when, and I swear this is the truth, I honestly did not know how to turn any of this stuff on. NOT A CLUE! So now I'm all dressed up with no place to go, but I think it was Margie who told me, when I first started this journey, that when she got her first computer and started figuring things out, she didn't come out of the house for five years. I thought she was kidding!! I'm starting to know what she meant. I've got all this stuff and dont't know how to run it.

How do I get a quote from an email, or any data source for that matter, over to the blog? Cut and paste has been escaping me since I found out what it really meant.......a month ago.

Thanks Stone his name has been bugging me for a while I kind of wonder what happened to the work he had done while he was hanging at the garwood.

Be carefull Stone I have known several people one I was married to that have been stuck in computer land for years it worse then drugs. Whatever you do dont get involved with the games they totally\\\\\\\\\\\\\\ eat your brain. They need to put a caution on this tec no.

And then there is me.....Finally figured out the "ON - OFF" thing but often get them confused.....It's not really that bad, but there are times when this stuff might as well be Quantum Physics or something worse.....Go figure.....Guess your just an "over achiever" Stnfnt....you never did know when to stop kicking my ass.....luv ya Bro

It's kind of funny and certainly not scientific evidence, but most of the geeky computer people that I know - - are also musicians. I'm talking long time, passionate and accomplished musicians. I sometimes wonder if there's a connection? Maybe it takes a musician's mind to figure out a computer.

Hey.....Quantum physics is incredible stuff!! I actually like figuring out some of that amazing phenomona. "Scotty, beam us up" ain't just Star Trek trivia anymore. We have actually tele-transported an object .8 miles here on earth. We discussed this in Calculus one day, and my instructor explained how it was done, and the obvious possibilities for the future. He's talking about transporting objects [[including human beings) great distances through the galaxies, and he ain't just flapping his jaws. He's sure we'll send something to the moon within 25-30 years. I told him to be sure and call ahead so Markley could straighten up the place a little bit first. So, I can wrap my brain around that stuff okay. I love it! Gimp, Sketch 5, and Photoshop are totally lost on me. They kick my ass! I've just about given up, and since we have Markley and BushMark, well.............................................. .....why not?

Photoshop is just the tool. You have to read a certain amount of instructions to get started. Then common sense comes into play...sometimes the computer world defeats itself because there is more than one way to do something-you have to just choose, go with it until it doesn't work...then try something else...again, read the directions, go to "help" or call a friend. I took a 3-month class and the light didn't turn on in my head until the very end of that period... to move a quote, select it, save it to somewhere where you know it is [[create a folder or just save to desktop), then edit copy> edit paste...see what happens...don't be discouraged-it's just a machine...on a guitar when you don't have enough sound, turn the volume up...I can wade you thru some Photoshop...just ask me...

Regarding the above discussions..............WHAT ? ? ? ?

1KD...thanks again for your efforts....I still haven't convinced myself to haul the boat yet ....but I'm working on it....If they keep raising gas prices 5 - 10 cents a day, that will make the decision for me...It's not that I can't afford it...it's just the principle of the thing....Going to have a rockin good time regardless.....We'll see....thanks again 1KD

Common sense ain't all that common.

WOW......Kung Foo guru David Carridine committed suicide in Thailand......Hung himself......go figure.....OK one day and then ya tip over......sad

Page 92 of 432 FirstFirst ... 42 82 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 102 142 192 ... LastLast