Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 8 of 432 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 18 58 108 ... LastLast

Thread: Garwood Mansion

Better make it early.

Actually, better make it Monday.

Can everyone "see" the pics right away?

Have you set your User CP options to "show" pics?

Yes, if I hold my hand over my left eye.

Quote Originally Posted by det313grrl View Post
    Can everyone "see" the pics right away?

Have you set your User CP options to "show" pics?
    I'm unfortunately on dial up, and on the old forum, it took a long time to reload all the pics, just to read the last few posts. Now I just click on the photos and gifs I haven't seen yet, and everything loads quick. Nice option.

Did anybody remember "Word Jazz" ?

You shouldn't have to go to "View Attachments" to see them. Ya know what I mean my brother.

dial-up, eh, I forgot about that.

hi everybody. 57 degrees and drizzleing here in north tijuana. sucks, i need my 80-90 degrees and blue skies. thats what so. cal. is supposed to be about. talked to breeze a few minutes ago. he received his invitation again, thanks again ruth. hopefully his kids won't loose this one GO SPARTANS

Bigb, I didn't remember the Ken Nordine Jazz thing. The voice, yes.

CandyMan, You were right, sort of. In 1968 Ken Nordine was on an H.P. Lovecraft recording of "Nothing's Boy."

Graynoodle, that's good news. Glad to see you made it over here.

I have two of his Cd's, they were tough to find in the pre - Amazon days. Some of those recordings go back to the mid - fifties. I wonder what he was on then ?

Those are not Budweiser induced.

Am trying to send something that i just received from Ron Cooke - who will be at the reunion by the way! Let's hope this comes through

Default rockinrona

Quote Originally Posted by ruth View Post
    Am trying to send something that i just received from Ron Cooke - who will be at the reunion by the way! Let's hope this comes through
    You go girl

Default rockinrona

I'm in whew what a trip in cyper space RR

Default You must have 3 eyesYA??April fools

Quote Originally Posted by old guy View Post
    Yes, if I hold my hand over my left eye.
    here we go again hi ya

what's up with this tesst?still rockin I'm failing the IQ

Quote Originally Posted by Candy man View Post
    Det313grrl, Thanks for taking us all to Belle Isle and thanks for being a friend
    That was very nice I'm get in quicker now

Good news, Hoover just called me and told me that John Collier has some new stuff on his site. In case you lost it, here it is again.

http://www.collierpics.blogspot.com/...fd9baa01b42723

John posted a web site on his blog page but it didn't work for me. You should go to his link, his blog page and read his new commentary and then go to a site he highlighted there. As I said, the link from the blog didn't work for me, but I found it and am posting it here. Read his commentary first though.

http://www.collierpics.blogspot.com/...fd9baa01b42723

http://www.amrf.net/

Default hi

This is Randy Meisner from the Eagles
    Last edited by rockinrona; April-03-09 at 05:13 PM.

The photographs published in this blog are the exclusive property of John Collier. They are copyrighted and permission must be obtained for their use.

****Disclaimer****

On my last post on the old thread, I used a photo that belonged to John Collier. I copied it off the Garwood site, not knowing the source. It can't be touched now, so John, if you want to sue me - I'm broke. Come on, I'm a laid off auto worker, have at it.

My apologies.

Attachment 283
    Am I in thre right place ??????????????????
    Last edited by Margie; April-23-09 at 01:36 PM.

Bigb23......you're an honest man. I think the "permission needed for their use" clause refers to persons who might gain financially by their use or by people who would tag something on to the photo to further some cause or another that they want advanced; i.e. Led Zepplin, Bob Seger and other rock'n'roll favorites have "sold out" to big companies by allowing their music to be used in Cadillac and Ford truck commercials. The companies targeted old time rock'n'rollers with the permission of the artists. Cars got sold, bank accounts fattened up and I'm standing around going "OHH NOOO!". I don't think John wants to sue you. Everybody on this thread would need a lawyer. BushMark; any comments here?

Dallas are you coming to the Firefly?

Quote Originally Posted by old guy View Post
    Isle, I wish you would have said something about the problems you were having posting before I started drinking. Let me know tomorrow if you're still having problems and maybe I can help.
    I 'm try the paperclip now the first pic.

Page 8 of 432 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 18 58 108 ... LastLast