Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 54 of 432 FirstFirst ... 4 44 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 64 104 154 ... LastLast
Results 1,326 to 1,350 of 10776

Thread: Garwood Mansion

White man no care! Real swell bunch, huh?

We made a good deal of money for the Royal family Kids Camp last night...every year they take 40 foster kids out of Detroit and send them to camp for a week and they get one on one attention and love for the week and never forget it, it's very special .
    I love American Indians. Here is a beautiful picture I found.
    BTW, To me , this reunion is more of a family thing, we can always set aside another day for playin with other Detroit musicians at the 2010 reunion, not that anyone asked me but , well umAttachment 975
    Gary,can't wait till thursday
    Last edited by Margie; October-14-09 at 10:02 AM.

Ruthie has everyone sent in their ticket money ? is everything all set ?

Default Great Spirit

great spiirit Attachment 976 you mighta got me started...
    Last edited by Gleeman; March-26-10 at 01:57 PM.

Whaler send me an email so I can respond better than in the private section... garymarkley@wowway.com

OG, Whaler......www.waymarking.com/waymarks/WMTHX will give you waypoints to spots where muskie have been caught. Check it out.

Attachment 977
    22lb muskie @ N 42' 21.703 W 082' 51.840
    Trolling in 15ft of water
    Last edited by stnfrnt; May-12-09 at 03:29 PM.

Stn I saw one like that in T River 3 years ago just flying by with the current close to my kayak and I almost fell over it looked like a big black submarine

Glmn.......yeh, man. When you're right down there with them, and they're that big, it can be very impressive. Ever do any fishing from your kayak? It's big time out here. saltwater, that is. The advantage being you can get up into the big kelp beds for those lunker calico bass and yellowtail. Can't take a motor up in that close. The disadvantage is it's not an ideal fishing platform. Hook a big yellowtail or white seabass and you're pretty much going to go wherever he wants to go until he tires out. I watched a guy get dragged around the ocean for 20 minutes one time---22lb yellowtail. It was cool.
    Attachment 980

Attachment 981

Attachment 982
    These guys are just a bit anal, but so what! They got big fish! Halibut and white sea bass are the best eating.
    Last edited by stnfrnt; May-12-09 at 03:29 PM.

Stnfrnt... Rod Shives is doing well. He is happily married, still lives in Rockford, and is looking to get back into a band. He took several years off and played professional softball for the team out of Chicago. He made some good bucks and had a lot of fun.

Hey Margie,

Are you currently cutting hair? Do you have a hair cutting salon you work out of? I would just be getting a boring business hair cut. I don't need one quite yet, but thought I might write the info down.

Well, I'm glad you guys said it because I was thinking it. And I didn't want to shoot anybody down: I could care less if Led Zeppelin showed up again for us GarWoodians [[they were at the house at least a few times - right????). I just want to see everyone from the house. I'll be one happy camper if you guys bring your instruments and jam. That's it! Just the gang from the house, our significant others, and a few special guests. If I never see anyone again after our reunion, and I hope that isn't the case, I'll go outta here a happy soul because I NEVER expected this to happen.

I know this doesn't compare to looking out the window from Candy's place, but it's my lake and I love it. This is from my deck. I see and talk to the guys at various times of the day. Smallies, large mouths, walleyes, you name it. I have fun just watching them haul 'em in.
    Last edited by 1KielsonDrive; May-17-09 at 07:13 PM.

A couple of years ago I was kayaking on the Raisin River just west of Manchester and Sharon Valley, upstream from the dam at Sharon Hollow. The Raisin River spreads out real wide to a lake in that area. It's not very deep but it is very fertile for fish and wildlife. A couple of guys were casting from their kayaks. Not trolling - - - casting. I asked them what they were casting for and they responded - Muskies! They said it was a very good bed for Muskies. I never casted for Muskies, always trolled, mostly on Lake St. Clair, but occasionally on lakes in northern Michigan.

Hey 1kd we had a steel craft 26 ft that my dad and mom and me trolled for muskies and had a few big heads dad would cut off dry out and laquer up then pound the gills and nail it to a board that we proudly hung in out summer room walls.Up Canada side Georgian bay is where most of the strikes were. LOL rr

1kd.....maybe Bushmark could string a hammock up in that tree somewhere. You know, like you do with your food so the bears won't get it when you're out camping on Belle Isle.

Great view.

RockinRona, we did the same thing with our Muskie and Pike heads. We'd come in off of the lake and clean our fish for the next meal. We'd clean up the heads and nail 'em up on a tree in front of our cabin. That was in Lewiston MI, in the days when West Twin Lake was a hotbed of fishing. Those days are long gone. We mostly fished for Muskies out of Belle River, Ontario, almost directly across Lake St.Clair from your family home in St.Clair Shores. Buck Durocher was a leading Muskie guide and was a fishing pal of my uncle. His boats were always full and busy. He was missing a portion of a finger or two and maintained that a Muskie got 'em. I have a couple of old photos of Muskies we caught. I'll post 'em if I can find 'em. The fish were pretty damn big.

BTW, Rona is a Booger. That's for not coming to YOUR reunion. I still love you anyway, even if you're a Booger.

Stone, that's the deck OG will be sleeping under. He'll share it with a couple of coons and their kits, a possum, a few mushrats and possibly my neighbors escaped ferrets.

I had to check in and see what was going on with the elders and see if I could see some fish pix. Well damn if fishing was not the 1st thing on this page and then come to find out there were people in kayaks fishing for muskies on the raisen river. Whew, I guess I better log out feed my fish and hit the hay.

Rick...I sent you a message, let me know if you get it.
    1Kiel...can I come over and sit on your deck with you?
    Rona ... I was so much wanting to see you, and I know you have a heart of gold
    but since I think it's fun to call someone a little booger I think your a little Booger too !!!!! ,

Hoover...Hi honey, do you need a belly rub? I'm so glad your home and on your way to wholeness....Hey Gleman, is wholeness a real word?

For those of you whom have not lost it try

www.collierpics.blogspot.com

you will find your inner calm

enlighten yourself

Default misc..

yes, M, you just coined a word, and you spelled it very well-I'm glad you didn't spell it "holiness" which might not have suited mr hoover...
    1K...nice digs..when people are there I'd like ta drop by...

Stn -those fishing kayaks are just knocked out- I had NO idea that was going on..what fun to be dragged by a fish..just like Jaws

Mr Beal...right the f**k on...

Attachment 984 you'll definitely be missed-I know there'll wanta be a phone call to Maui during the Event...
    Last edited by Gleeman; March-26-10 at 01:57 PM.

Rona, my picture covered over the word "Rona" ...

Hoover, glad you're on the mend, brother.

Page 54 of 432 FirstFirst ... 4 44 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 64 104 154 ... LastLast