Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 53 of 432 FirstFirst ... 3 43 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 63 103 153 ... LastLast
Results 1,301 to 1,325 of 10776

Thread: Garwood Mansion

I talked to Hoover - he's feelin' poorly but he's with us!

Welcome home Mark - give a shout when you're feeling better

Stillrockin your uphill battle just crested the top and now your on your way downhill ...

STN you mentioned going to archives of the old thread to find the O Mike shots....how do I get to the Archive

Glmn...."links to the old forums" down at the bottom here should hook you up. It's in maintenance mode right now.

Default hoover

I just talked to Stillrockin...he's at home...complaining about his multi-colored frontal section, so I thought I'd relay the info...seems he has a multi-colored skin area from Bellybutton UP...Attachment 961
    Last edited by Gleeman; May-04-09 at 03:46 PM.

Glmn.....so you're saying he still looks 40yrs old, but he's "in technicolor" now? Well, okay. He always was a very colorful character.

Just had a rather lengthy conversation with Mr. Entertainment, [[Hooveround). Poor guy. Gleeman's telling it like it is. Hoover says that if he ever hears another woman say that men don't know what real pain is because they've never given birth, well, sounds like he'd lose it. Sounds like he'll be ready to tango at the party though, with a little help from the Hooverettes.

Any truth to rumors that any of these folks might be floating around in June.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QvAMJ...eature=related

Mark, that [[Let Me Swim) is on the right.

Glmn.....McCarty already turned us down. I think Rusty is dead. Carmine and Tim are in Europe. Hell,we've got you and HiWatt and 4string.

I was over in Westwood Village today asking those UCLA Bruin coeds if they'd like for me and BushMark to come on over to their dorm next week end with Homeboy and make a video [[compassion for old hippies type promo) when I spotted the Hooverettes taking a break from practicing their Gar Wood Reunion routine.

Attachment 966

Oh! They are practicing! Well, excuuuse me. Anyway, they wish Hoover a speedy recovery and look forward to seeing him in June. They also were wondering how far along he is on his 10,000 Hail Mary penance the monsignor assigned him for that little episode involving the wine vats at the monastery. I didn't ask for particulars, but apparently Hoover has attained a legendary status among the Franciscan vintners in the area. Way to go, "Hoover the Mover!"
    Last edited by stnfrnt; May-12-09 at 03:29 PM.

Stone..Glmn.... This Carmine..Here you go..Tim Bogart.. I know sombody that can work on McCarty If you Want..?? Let me know ...Stone you have my E-Mail...Whaler
    Last edited by Whaler; March-18-10 at 09:07 AM.

Drummer, thanks for that bit about Mary Clayton and Roy Ayers. I was a Roy Ayers [[Ubiquity) fan, way back when. Little did I know that Clayton sang with him, OR, maybe I just forgot it, OR, maybe I just lost it. OR .......................thanks again. I love these little bits of cool information all you guys throw out.

Default Mike photos

Gleeman Ill work on posting photos Sun morning . Heidis computer has all the whistles and bells I just dont know how to use it . Ill enlist some help If I need to. Hoover glad to hear you are on the mend talk to you soon. The main thing is you need to not be sexually active for the next 4 years and you will have a speedy recovery GOOD LUCK AMIGO.

hoover get as active and healthy quick we want you in top gun shape Ya boy do you ever have to rest wow

Default mike

SUG thanks ...its an important one ....like I said if you want I can lead you thru the posting process...there's a setting to use in the CP section [[left side-up in the gray band that says "User CP") to check a box or 2 before trying to post photos...or you can post an attachment out of the area where the text is..
    I watched the Kentucky Derby yesterday-it was exciting-and the winner was a horse that was bought for $9000 by a guy who'd never won before...but he had a world class jockey ...it was an emotional and very deserving win ...and a lesson in how many people could sing My Old Kentucky Home in very off-note drunken voices... thinking all the time how that must have been really something for Mike to have been involved with Secretariat...

STN [[Gash) ..this morning as I scrolled thru the TV channels found the country station which I usually go past but, -it was Keith Urban and Brad Paisley on a double-guitar lead with their Telecasters and each guy was playing the others guitar neck- pretty cool...I think Urban is purty relaxed on stage...

as far as the guitar hero thing, I may not be as excited about the appearance of some other Detroit players at the reunion as a lot of other garwoodians are, but will welcome with a positive attitude and open mind...and lawdy knows my mind is open...

Margie..sorry I missed the hubby's gig last p.m... but my wife was coming in from Florida, and I needed to meet and greet...there will be another time..hopefully see ya Thursday...

"Lawdy" ?? ...thats as religious as I get... haha

Glmn.....I'm in total agreement with you. re: other guitar players [[a la my post #1311). Lots of guys mentioned here are fantastic players and, like you, I'd like to see and hear a little bit of what they might be up to these days. BUT, I'll refer you to the acoustic work we did [[especially your stuff) and rest my case. Ever hear anybody else do that kind of stuff? Dave Picard, Gash, you and even I hit some good licks occasionally. Something different there; 34 years ago. Throw HiWatt and 4string in there with DK Bradley and a few others on percussion..............welllll!

Attachment 970 Attachment 971

Attachment 972
    Last edited by stnfrnt; May-05-09 at 10:23 AM.

Glmn......Keith Urban does some really nifty guitar playing on his tunes. He's the guy that uses banjo licks on a lot of his stuff [[I think I sent you a couple songs) and lots of nice guitar work in the studio. Nice to listen and pick out the different parts. Gash turned me on to "Ghost in This Guitar" a few years ago; it was some early stuff he did. It is one of those "how in the hell did he do THAT?!" kind of songs. Plus, he's married to Nicole Kidman. Yeeowww!!

I'm headed out on the water to find some walleyes today. Looks like Gash can fish right out of his living room window. Reminds me of that photo Detgrl313 posted a while back. Have a nice day. Hey, what ever happened to Bentspur? And......... a lot of people.

ya I saw those Gash photos...thought he was up in the hills...can see him tossing a line from the rockin chair on the porch...Gash, get WELL dammit !!

Firstlady.....the Russian monument gift thing is fantastic! Thanks. Also, should I bring some beer and steaks to the barbecue?

RE: post #1301. Guaranteed dinner on the table.

How good is Neil Young Pocahontas 1975 silver fiddle music?
    Aurora Borealis
    The icy sky at night
    Paddles cut the water
    In a long and hurried flight
    From the white man to the fields of green
    And the homeland we've never seen

They killed us in ou teepees
    And they cut our women down
    They might have left some babies
    Cryin' on the ground
    But the firesticks and the wagons come
    And the night falls on the settin' sun

They massacred the buffalo
    Kitty-corner from the bank
    Taxis run across my feet
    And my eyes have turned to blanks
    In my little box at the top of the stairs
    With my Indian rug and a pipe to share

I wish I was a trapper
    I would give a thousand pelts
    To sleep with Pocahontas
    And find out how she felt
    In the mornin on the fields of green
    In the homeland we've never seen

And maybe Marlon Brando
    Will be there by the fire
    And the good things there for hire
    Like the Astrodome and the first teepee
    Marlon Brando, Pocahontas and me
    Marlon Brando, Pocahontas and me
    Last edited by rockinrona; May-03-09 at 01:17 PM.

Drummer21.....I'm almost afraid to ask, but have you heard from Rodney Shives at all over the years?

Attachment 974
    Last edited by stnfrnt; May-05-09 at 10:27 AM.

yah Rona...emotional song...NYoung Unplugged-great album... I just watched the Ken Burns film on young America...on Kansas and Missouri just before the Civil War, and after .. the part about the Sand Hill massacre almost made me cry US Soldiers killing Native American women and children... seems like a great lack of communication between peoples of different cultures and faiths...like we have now. Problem I have is that the Natives were there first.

Stn he reminds me of Richard Ashcroft from the Verve - you know..the MickJagger/K.Richards song..."Bittersweet Symphony" ...

Page 53 of 432 FirstFirst ... 3 43 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 63 103 153 ... LastLast