Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Page 52 of 432 FirstFirst ... 2 42 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 62 102 152 ... LastLast
Results 1,276 to 1,300 of 10776

Thread: Garwood Mansion

Default Mike dont ride

Mike was the best horsemen I ever met with the exception of his father Kenny and in the years I knew Mike I never saw him on a horse. I do have some pics of mike with horses . One of him loading secataret in the starting gate at Arligntion Park . I know him and his bro Red worked the gate at a few derbys . They were flown in as a part of chosen crew to work on derby day. A little triva for the up comeing event.

Default I cant

Sorry gleeman but IM not versed in posting photos on this thread

Sug....I remember the thing about Mike and his brother Red being part of a select crew choesn to work the loading gates at big races. Those big money races didn't want any screw ups so they got the best. I got to watch him load a horse in the Kentucky Derby one year. It was perfect.

1kd.....I'll be hooking up with A2_dj in the future over in Westwood so I'll get the skinny for you.

Hey Gash.....whusup witcha? Did the mule piss on your keyboard again? Man, you've got to let him out to do his business every once in a while.

Default Oklahoma...

Quote Originally Posted by sug View Post
    Mike was the best horsemen I ever met with the exception of his father Kenny and in the years I knew Mike I never saw him on a horse. I do have some pics of mike with horses . One of him loading secataret in the starting gate at Arligntion Park . I know him and his bro Red worked the gate at a few derbys . They were flown in as a part of chosen crew to work on derby day. A little triva for the up comeing event.

SUG...you'd have to have access to a scanner on a computer system to send any photo to me...or you'd have to wade thru the process [[a few steps) to post on this blog... if you're willing to try that I can lead you through it...just let me know...

1K... go ahead...thats why I posted the file...it may be big enough to enlarge...

Gash the list of guitarists is growing. Not being sure of anyone's arrival time, they will be showing up through the night...I've already determined that my amp [[solid state Peavey) w/ [[2) 12" speakers can be used by others...just hoping they don't blow any speakers... after you talk to anybody about the sound thing keep me hip to the rip and I'll assist in any way I can logistically...

Default OK Mike...

SUG I'm blown away about the O. Mike-Secretariat thing... thats an important one.... I know you're busy... if you can find a friend or someone w/ a computer w/ scanner pls do that...I have no idea what your situation is-if you;re near a town with a Kinkos or some kind of you know-printing-scanning facility that could work, itl just cost a few bucks... I already have a few photos of Mike thru the good people on the blog,m so it's not like I'm clueless about this project..but the Horse thing is BIG...

Dad it would have been your 105th birthday. RIP
    Its a beautiful day. Here comes the hurdy gurdy man, singing songs of love. Wear your love like heaven. Where is Donovan these days?
    Last edited by Candy man; May-01-09 at 12:43 PM. Reason: spelling

Happy Birthday to Candyman's Dad.

Candy.......since BushMark is willing[[?) to drive to the reunion, maybe he could swing out West and pick you and Penny up in the old Garwoodian limosine. Homeboy can have the back seat. Whaddaya say? Pretty cool, huh?

Attachment 950

No problem in snow, as you can see.
    Last edited by stnfrnt; May-12-09 at 03:29 PM.

Come on Bush Mark, We could go to the Joe Cocker show in Albuqurque on the way. Home Boy is a big fan and is getting burned out at the Zoo.
    Last edited by Candy man; May-01-09 at 12:36 PM. Reason: structure

Hey stoneft new camper eh? Penny and Candy can tour in style now with their driver OG, where is the doggy compartment? rr

I hear all of these folks are coming to the party!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VQ3d3KigPQM

The dogs have the whole stretch part for exercise, sort of a moving dog run. Homeboy gets the camper part all to himself, unless you want to fight him for it. Not recommended. BushMark is moving his beer cooler to the loading dock, so it looks like he's ready to go. Do we have ignition?

Attachment 951

Maybe Penny could get in a little shopping along the way. Whaddaya say, gang?

Attachment 952
    Last edited by stnfrnt; May-12-09 at 03:29 PM.

Default get it good

Get your fix on, click.....

www.collierpics.blogspot.com

reward yourself

feel refreshed

its good for you...

Where in the f#*k do you guys come up with this crazy s*#t? Limo's with campers, guys pulling refrigerators from the trunks of cars............Jeebis Krist, you'd think you were still taking .................

1kd.....somebody's still taking something out there; that's for sure.

Gleeman....GIMP software? It's Greek to me, but it's free. I know Photoplay is your game. Thoughts?

Hey Ruth......at about the 1:50 mark in that youtobe link you posted, I think I saw Rickbeale bustin' a move there. Check it out. Is that really his hair, or is that a hat?

Attachment 954

Attachment 955Howdy folks.....Been a few days since I have been on board....for that last 7/10 days I've been calling Ralph on the big white phone....a good dose of the flu in other words....not Swine, just regular run of the mill stuff....back on solid foods a little today and feeling better than yesterday......then we have this giant storm today and thought I was going to have to break out the boat gear....seems to be dying down a bit now. Pretty rough day so far.....Just a thing down here...no big deal.....will catch up with y'all later......

Flu huh Gash?
    Attachment 956
    Last edited by old guy; June-08-09 at 01:39 PM.

Hey Stillrockin'! I see you're here. How you doing?

Hoover, if you're OK, but still too weak to type, just click some ++++++++++
    If you're not so good, give us a few ----------------

Larry, there is this Merry Clayton. She also did the Shoop Shoop song, [[It's In His Kiss) 1963. Great song. Don't doubt that she was with Mad Dogs at one point. She also was a Rayette later on.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XCyTq...eature=related

OK ...OG that's about enough...I had the flu....So what!!!!...I ain't kissed no babies and for you to imply the I......oh wait ....it's the other way....oh I get it.....never mind..............piece

Hey Gash.......put a 3/4oz White Spinnerbait on some 4lb test and work it up around those mailboxes real tight [[slow retrieve--low visibility).Should be some of thosr rural route #4 bass up in there. They like them mailboxes: 'specially them local delivery round ones. Yup. they do.

Hoover's working the phones from the ICU unit. Now there's some dedication for ya.

Mary Clayton also sang with Roy Ayres on a few of his albums.

stnfrnt wrote:
    >>Hey Ruth......at about the 1:50 mark in that youtobe link you posted, I think I saw Rickbeale bustin' a move there.

Wow! and I thought I had been edited out.

Page 52 of 432 FirstFirst ... 2 42 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 62 102 152 ... LastLast