Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 424 of 432 FirstFirst ... 324 374 414 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 ... LastLast
Results 10,576 to 10,600 of 10776

Thread: Garwood Mansion

It appears that this thread has gone into a coma. Wishing it a speedy and meaningful recovery.

Hi Larry, Give us a link to some of your new songs!

https://soundcloud.com/merryman-1

I haven't put anything new up in quite a while, but I've got several in the works...................and for some reason when I bounce these songs up to Soundcloud the mix gets all weird, and it doesn't sound like the original work. Oh well. At least you get an idea of what I'm doing these days.

Giving a shout out to my veteran brothers and sisters today. Nice job.

Sorry for not checking in been a little under the weather!!!!... Hope all is well!!!.. Would love to hear your new stuff Larry!!!... Whaler

Awesome music Larry. The newer stuff definately has a country flair!

There's more coming.............I sure wish I had my old band laying down some of these tracks. Stonefront had that unique thing where everybody had their own particular style of playing, but when it all got put together on one single song the results were amazing. We never really fell into that thing where every song sounded the same. All of our songs were more than just a little bit different from each other, and that's what I really liked about the band, because everybody could play. Everybody in that band was so freaking good; I'm still amazed when I listen to some of the old Stonefront stuff. Anyway thanks for the kudos, and I hope Whaler gets to feeling better.

I had another band called Radio Drive out here in California where all the players were top-notch guys. I don't know if you've heard this before, and I forgot if it's on the sound cloud, but this song definitely does not have a country flair to it. It's called Natural Situation......I wrote it about 40 yrs. ago, and recorded it somewhere around the late 70s.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=70Tn3gx6Bvs
    Last edited by stnfrnt; November-17-15 at 12:28 AM.

The music was awesome. The video was awesome too. Definately not country. Very unique, sounds a bit like evolved Byrds.

Howdy....Rick I have been following you trip....Looked pretty Coool.... Well hope all is well with everyone Saw Jhn Collier a couple weeks ago we always have a great lunch together in his sanctuary in the Woods....Whaler

Is Collier living in that cave again? I thought he gave that up: made his arthritis flare up something awful.

Love it, Larry. thanks for sharing!

It's that time..........................

Attachment 29045

Quote Originally Posted by stnfrnt View Post
    It's that time..........................

Attachment 29045
    God love ya', Lar!
    Name:  mistletoe..jpg
Views: 520
Size:  99.6 KB

Name:  Dally 2015..jpg
Views: 602
Size:  105.1 KB

I'll kiss your ass without the mistletoe.................okay?

Name:  axialtilt.jpg
Views: 597
Size:  20.7 KB

I'm jus' sayin'....

I used to Axial Tilt a lot.......................had nothing to do with seasons......and so did a lot of you............so there!

You want stunning? Well you've got it.

Attachment 29066

Then again.....this ain't bad either. A bit of a transformation, I would say.

Attachment 29067

I don't know if this has been posted before..it's a huge thread: http://www.coachbuilt.com/bui/g/gar_wood/gar_wood.htm

RaumVogel.............I've never seen that thread, but I want to thank you big time for the link! It's incredible, and I urge Garwoodians [[or anybody else) to check it out. It's fantastic!

Quote Originally Posted by stnfrnt View Post
    RaumVogel.............I've never seen that thread, but I want to thank you big time for the link! It's incredible, and I urge Garwoodians [[or anybody else) to check it out. It's fantastic!
    You're welcome.My couzen found that because one of our family has ties to Gar Woods boat racing.When she passed it on to me I immediately knew it belonged in this thread.
    Last edited by RaumVogel; December-27-15 at 08:54 PM.

RaumVogel... Now that was really Cool!!!!!!... Thank You!!!... Whaler

Quote Originally Posted by Whaler View Post
    RaumVogel... Now that was really Cool!!!!!!... Thank You!!!... Whaler
    My pleasure.

Anybody remember the Garwood parties when a few folks would stop by for drinks and some casual conversation?

Attachment 29252Attachment 29253

Attachment 29254Attachment 29255

Oh yea Some of the Best Ever!!!!... Never can be recreated !!!.. Once in a lifetime!!... Whaler