Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 420 of 432 FirstFirst ... 320 370 410 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 430 ... LastLast
Results 10,476 to 10,500 of 10776

Thread: Garwood Mansion

d-grrl..........no picture..........que pasa?

It's been a while...I think I got it...
    Last edited by det313grrl; June-12-15 at 09:05 AM.

Go placidly amidst the yada-yada-yada...............beautiful boat.

Last edited by det313grrl; June-12-15 at 11:07 PM. Reason: oops

Quote Originally Posted by stnfrnt View Post
    Go placidly amidst the yada-yada-yada...............beautiful boat.

some things never change...

and some things never stay the same..................like my right foot. It's always changing into my left foot and then changing back. I noticed that happening a lot when I was drinking............. it doesn't happen so much anymore, but sometimes I dream about it.

Name:  Garwood Poster.jpg
Views: 723
Size:  116.9 KB

​just knowing it's a Gar Wood...

Talked to dgrrl this morning. She sounded great, and she was naked..........God bless her. Wasn't that nice?
    Last edited by stnfrnt; June-18-15 at 05:01 PM.

oh Lar, I should know better than to encourage you...

hey, where's that Skipper these days, is he still barred from this site?

Quote Originally Posted by det313grrl View Post
    hey, where's that Skipper these days, is he still barred from this site?

I can ask him through Facebook...

Hey Gannon, how are ya'? COOL, I SENT YOU A MESSAGE.

Skipper is history, and I'm still naked.

Great to have you back det313grrl. We need more people back here.

Skipper is history, and I'm still naked.

silly boy.

Wow.... Things are picking up around here!!!... Nice to see the Banter!!!...Whaler

Nice picture of the bridge. Those must have been great times. Well, other than the great depression and a few other problems with society in general.

Attachment 27182

What bridge would that be oldguy? And if my memory serves me correctly the U-10 MISS AMERICA X paid a visit to the mansion one sunny afternoon. The guy that owned it and kept her up lived up in Algonac, and he brought her out one day to come down and visit her old neighborhood and check out the hippies. She's a magnificent machine……… something one never forgets; it's pretty loud too.

Here She Is!!!!... Whaler
    Attached Images Attached Images  

What bridge would that be oldguy? And if my memory serves me correctly the U-10 MISS AMERICA X paid a visit to the mansion one sunny afternoon. The guy that owned it and kept her up lived up in Algonac, and he brought her out one day to come down and visit her old neighborhood and check out the hippies. She's a magnificent machine……… something one never forgets; it's pretty loud too.
    Larry, back when that picture came out it was the Belle Isle Bridge. In 1942 it was changed to the MacArthur Bridge.

Thanks guys. Hey Whaler, that boat is doing 10 kn sitting on the trailer. What a beautiful piece of work that thing is. Incredible.

I was digging through my music archives the other day, and I came across some songs that Stonefront/Acoustic had recorded at the Gage[[sp?) Street Studios in Pontiac, Michigan, way back in 1974. The Gage Street Studios were located in the basement of the home that my brother Gary shared with his wife Sue and little baby Shannon, and it was located on Gage Street. The band commandeered the whole basement [[complete with wet bar) and converted it into a nice little recording studio using a TEAC A3340s sound-on-sound four track tape recorder and some old microphones that were left over from the old electric Stonefront days.

So I'm playing this one particular song called "It's All Over" and I'm starting to flashback on some great memories. You would have Dave Karas as our engineer setting up the mics and running the tape machine and equalizers with a 1/2 pint of peppermint schnapps jammed in his back pocket, while Bob Hamilton was passed out on the floor somewhere. There would be a Pabst Blue Ribbon truck parked outside most of the time, and a guy named Paco standing on the front porch with a package in his hands saying something about"dinero para la mota por favor". When you consider all those little factors all put together perhaps that is the reason why Gary Markley's beautiful lead guitar solo ended up on the lead vocal track during a vocal break in the song. Those were the days my friends.

Name:  pontiac2.jpg
Views: 804
Size:  15.4 KB
    Last edited by stnfrnt; June-27-15 at 02:37 AM.

I forgot to mention that this whole flashback thing was triggered by a 40+ year old 7" analog tape that I received from our dear, dear lady friend Ms. Ruth Hoffman a couple of days ago. That tape held a treasure of old STONEFRONT/ACOUSTIC songs, and she had been holding onto it for over four decades. We love Ruth.

Attachment 27222

Ruth is amazing for the stuff she somehow manages to hold on to!