Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 419 of 432 FirstFirst ... 319 369 409 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 429 ... LastLast
Results 10,451 to 10,475 of 10776

Thread: Garwood Mansion

One of our favorite guys here on the Garwood mansion thread enjoys a light lunch with a Detroit favorite beverage at the 2009 Garwood Mansion Family Reunion.

old guy = Mark "Bush Mark" West

Attachment 26567

Photo by Jeff Swanberg
    Last edited by stnfrnt; April-27-15 at 06:09 PM. Reason: add credits

Another Swanberg photo from the '09 reunion.

Attachment 26570

Our beloved Gus [[RIP), Stonefront vocalist supreme Ms. Natalie Morgan, and the cute and cuddly Ms. Annie Reynaud.

It's the man himself. Mr. John Collier the legendary photojournalist and Pulitzer Prize nominee [[Detroit native) kicking back in the shelter after a couple of hard days of photographing the events at the Garwood Mansion Family Reunion held in Ann Arbor, Michigan, in June 2009.

Attachment 26575

Photo courtesy of Jeff Swanberg
    Last edited by stnfrnt; April-27-15 at 06:59 PM.

My brother Gary and I just saying hi to the folks out there.

Name:  larry gary 09.jpg
Views: 1527
Size:  44.2 KB

Photo courtesy of Swanberg

Stonefront/Acoustic reunited after 35+ years. Another Swanberg pic.

Name:  sf acoustic.jpg
Views: 849
Size:  43.3 KB

Default Life on the yacht- Edward Gray

Edward Gray's address when he lived on the Mildred G. III, must be near where he built Grayhaven. [[Reads Boat Foot of #16 Continental Name:  1920 Census Boat.jpg
Views: 767
Size:  10.1 KB
    Last edited by xdet; April-30-15 at 12:24 AM. Reason: Add information

Okay folks. If any of those photographs from the 2009 Garwood Mansion Family Reunion brought back some good memories you will have a chance to create some more during the last part of September. There will be another reunion then, and although most dates, activities and events haven't been finalized yet, I do know that on Sunday, September 27, we will be gathering once again at a great little bar in the Cass Corridor section of Detroit called the Old Miami. Stonefront/Acoustic will definitely be rockin a few songs, and depending on who else shows up we just might go electric and play some of that good old kick-ass rock 'n roll that we know and love so much on that big stage that they have outside in the backyard. Stay tuned for more details, but the 27th is locked in. Here's a couple of photos from the 2012 reunion that we held there. Whaler and Kim were all over it with the barbecue grills, and that will be happening again.

Kim works the grill at the Old Miami.................2012

Attachment 26700

The Garwood family's favorite cutie little Annie Reynaud gives a smile at the 2012 reunion

Attachment 26701

Stonefront/Acoustic rocks it up on stage with a couple horn players

Attachment 26702

Anybody and everybody is welcome to drop in, and the drinks are really cheap at this place.

Hoping for a good turnout!!!!!!... Should be a nice time of the Year fall colors just starting...Looking forward to seeing everyone!!!... Whaler

I'm looking forward to it!

Hey ya'll! Long time no see. I'm back in the D. For a minute there, I didn't know what city I was in, the ole' hometown has sure changed! And all the better. Did I hear "party" count me in.

Quote Originally Posted by det313grrl View Post

Hey ya'll! Long time no see. I'm back in the D. For a minute there, I didn't know what city I was in, the ole' hometown has sure changed! And all the better. Did I hear "party" count me in.
    Welcome back.

Hey D-grrrl.......Man is it ever good to have you back on the Detroit scene. I, for one, really missed you, and I hope you will find a way to get me your contact info. Were going to rock the Old Miami in September, so I will be looking for you there. Welcome back; you've got a lot of catching up to do.

Rick Beall, I sure hope you are planning on bringing your guitar [[and anything else you might need) to the big shin-dig. It would be great to hear some of your material again, and I am 100% sure that if you want them to there will be a bunch of Stonefront/Acoustic [[or maybe even electric) guys who would be way more than willing to back you up. Just sayin'…………

Attachment 26803

Attachment 26804

Sure, I'll bring the old guitar. And my trusty slide.

Hey Sharon!!!!... Great to see you here!!!.. Give me a ring when you are free!!!.. Whaler

Thanks for the warm welcomes you guys! It's really great to be back home. Send me a "notification" [[personal message here), my phone died last year and I lost all my phone numbers. I look forward to hearing from you and tell you of my latest adventures. Can't wait to see everyone in September.

Dgrrl......I sent a "notification".............check your DY personal message thingie and let me know if it worked....okay?

The thingie worked...

Great! Now if I can get my thingie to work......I'll be all set.

Larry, or whoever is out there, detgrrl etc, I finally found a photo of Gar inside the mansion.

Attachment 26833

Science and Mechanics magazine.

OUTSTANDING!! Great job oldguy. Thanks. Ruth has one of his chairs [[original); she had it re-upholstered, but it's probably from the same set as the one in the photo. This is Kendra Stienmetz {Linda Jordan's [[Breeze's girlfriend) niece} sitting in it while being crowned the "Garwood Princess" at the 2010 reunion for surviving Stage IV liver cancer.

Name:  k4 chair.jpg
Views: 686
Size:  35.3 KB

Had a nice Lunch with Det313grl and John Collier Collier... I am having trouble with the gout so I couldn't hang very long... A couple of very nice people!!!... More fun to come!!!!... Whaler

Quote Originally Posted by old guy View Post
    Larry, or whoever is out there, detgrrl etc, I finally found a photo of Gar inside the mansion.

Attachment 26833

Science and Mechanics magazine.

Old guy, love the pic. Always fun to find new stuff while searching Gar Wood! I gotta tell ya, many folks are looking at this here thread. When I first got back on I took note of how many "views" there were, 1,324,170...and now, well, you do the math. There be lots of peeps lurking out there, diggin' this thread, no doubt! Hoover be one, I bet!

Whaler, it was a blast to see you and Collier the other day, look forward to seeing you two again soon. I can't wait to see the film, it's so exciting! To all the lurkers, hope ya'll come to the "D" in September, the Miami is expecting you...
    Last edited by det313grrl; June-12-15 at 08:48 AM. Reason: sp

Name:  1930 Gar Wood boat.jpg
Views: 782
Size:  110.5 KBAttachment 27037

Just love the name of this old beauty. A 1930 Gar Wood.
    Last edited by det313grrl; June-12-15 at 09:00 AM. Reason: pic won't display