Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 361 of 432 FirstFirst ... 261 311 351 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 371 411 ... LastLast
Results 9,001 to 9,025 of 10776

Thread: Garwood Mansion

I just wanted to be the 9000th comment. Great thread!

Post-Eastown Theater rock concert party at the Garwood Mansion in the winter of '70-'71. I remember the narrow arched bridge that went over to Greyhaven Island. The mansion on the island was a rather trashed affair by fellow stoners that gathered there. I remember going to the Eastown to see Mountain perform and then heading over to the Garwood Mansion. It was winter and Greyhaven Island bridge was icy. One by one groups of us pushed cars over the bridge.

Anyone remember such scenes on the island?

Remember it? ...a lot of the people on this site lived there...

Quote Originally Posted by Al Publican View Post
    Post-Eastown Theater rock concert party at the Garwood Mansion in the winter of '70-'71. I remember the narrow arched bridge that went over to Greyhaven Island. The mansion on the island was a rather trashed affair by fellow stoners that gathered there. I remember going to the Eastown to see Mountain perform and then heading over to the Garwood Mansion. It was winter and Greyhaven Island bridge was icy. One by one groups of us pushed cars over the bridge.

Anyone remember such scenes on the island?
    Very likely it all happened. If you're asking any of us if we remember it specifically, then the answer might be yes, might be no. Those were pretty crazy days and reality, hallucinations and dreams mix together pretty easily. Thanks for the story. It certainly does fit the Gar Wood narrative.

Any minute now YKW is going to post a retraction to anything I post. You didn't ......blah, blah, blah. As if.....you can't have memories if you didn't......blah, blah, blah. Blah, blah, blah.......

Hey Rickbeall....the 3 way switch on my homemade Tele 12-string just went down the crapper...I ordered a DiMarzio to replace it.......good choice or no?.....I'm also installing an EMG-ACS sound hole pickup on my Fender CD-60 Dreadnaught 6-string.....any comments or concerns there?.......feedback is always a problem with these things.....

hamtown mike...congrats...and stay tuned...this thread is about to light up...something to do with The Gar Wood Years: Documentary....

Al Publican....many were the cold, wintry nights when that bridge was a challenge....lots of stoners had to push their cars over that "ice bridge"....one night I saw Gus trying to push Bush Mark over it...now there's a visual for you...most people on this thread lived at the mansion, and I must admit the place could become a bit messy at times....it's kind of hard to keep a place as big as that mansion was cleaned up.......especially since we had 400-500 of our closest friends over for parties on a fairly frequent and regular basis...it's all good......

Stn...shoulda bought an acoustic w/ electronics built in [[?)

Hi Larry,

If it's just your switch, then

http://www.guitarfetish.com/3-Way-Te...gram_p_31.html

I've wired up strat switches, but not tele switches, but I guess a switch is a switch.

I don't have any experience with Sound Hole pickups, but I know Elmore James used one to get his great sound. If you are just recording at home, feedback should not be much of an issue is my guess.

I remember some of those stoners having a problem pushing vehicles over that bridge......I think BushMark tried to push one over the bridge, up hill, with a rope.....He might have been a little buzzed.....I couldn't tell....I was too high at the time...
    All I know is that it didn't work...........GDGT

Gleeman....tell me about it...but I got this one from Amazon....$140...

Rick..that's the plan...recording...still like to be able to use live...who built your host recording software program?...the one I use most is put out by Steinberg..it's Cubase Le4...I can drop mp3 files on any track, and play/record right along with it...absolutely no input signal delay.....was thinking about trying to lay down some tracks with your songs, if that's alright with you..

Rick....thanks for the link....that's exactly the kind of switch that fell apart on me, though...DiMarzio and original Fender switches are spring loaded......much more durable......remember, I'm new at this....nothing seems to go right, but what the %#$k..over?....I can't just give up...or can I?.....nah...
    ?....

...no, NO giving up...
    and any 6-banger for $140 should be bought ...
    Last edited by Gleeman; February-19-11 at 08:49 AM.

Default Beck / Page...Beck's Bolero

...check out Jimmy's Fender 12....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w0hk6un_VTg

Hey Gleeman......a Lium Hoa Music, 423 Hue St. Cholon, "Saigon Special". Were you with me when I bought it, or was that Becker?....cant remember. I think I paid 20 American dollars for it.

Attachment 8879
    Lt. Mike Lessard [[my XO)....looks about 14 yrs. old

O.M.G. ...thats it...no it was Becker...wish we could find Mike...I know he's livin & breathin

Default rvn Precision copy

...I've always had finding a beat-up old Precision Bass Attachment 8880[[or copy) to paint like this Again...

Hey Gleeman,

Thats a JAZZ Bass.. FYI..
    Would love to afford one or find one during that era... Great picture..
    Last edited by 4string; February-20-11 at 03:27 PM. Reason: spelling

[QUOTE=4string;225051]Hey Gleeman,

Thats a JAZZ Bass.. FYI..
    Would love to afford one or find one during that era... Great picture.

...yer RIGHT ! - a Vietnamese or Japanese copy tho ...see how I am ? that was 1969... and I haven't played bass since then ... but I like it ...

glee.....was that the bass you played in the infamous "Leadville Feed, Seed and Bag Co. Rock 'n' Roll Viet Nam Soldier Band"?
    Last edited by stnfrnt; February-20-11 at 11:24 PM. Reason: blinded by the light

Hey Glee and Stnfrnt. Have you ever pulled together a reunion of your Vietnam pals?

Is that something you would like to do?

Quote Originally Posted by stnfrnt View Post
    glee.....was that the bass you played in the infamous "Leadville Feed, Seed and Bag Co. Rock 'n' Roll Viet Nam Soldier Band"?
    YES that was my second "band" ever, and that was my first and only Bass -wish I still had 'er...
    we played at the Brigade EM club, the II Field Forces Amphitheatre in Long Binh Province and some specially endless evenings in a private "hootch" or large tent in the back of the compound...full band w/ P.A..Bass, Drums, 2 Guitars, and vocals...now that I've re-capped everything that you already know, everyone else on the blog knows this little tainted jewel of history...wish we cound find Lt. Mike Lessard and [[the singer- Jay Cook ...

Default THE LEADVILLE FEED,SEED,& BAG Co...

is very attached...I have stories...Attachment 8883

Attachment 8884file 2 gratefully attached... we had our own White Rabbit, who really liked peanuts and beer...