Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Page 347 of 432 FirstFirst ... 247 297 337 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 357 397 ... LastLast
Results 8,651 to 8,675 of 10776

Thread: Garwood Mansion

.......so you can what???????????

Markley's 12-string is magnificent.

Default Pals , i had a blast !!!

Went to the Skippers Bar last night and had a great time. It was like feeling that line in the old Cheers sit com. , "where everybody knows your name" .

I heard Elanore Rigby in its best form...everybody agreed that this was something nobody wanted to follow. I must admit I really liked the presentation.

Gleeman made me think of Bert Reynolds in Deliverance...It was great banjo playing. Really ...you would have thought they had practiced.

Fiddlers and mandolins and guitars for hours and fun to hang with all who attended. Im really glad I went,

Hey OG......boy, the cold weather looks brutal up there. You okay? Got much snow?

Default Watch out for the fashion cops

I guess my shirt tail was coming out of my pants at Skippers the other night.

Let me explain....

.from the time after 50 years of age I have not looked in the mirror, so it surprises me to see myself in photos looking like some "Kind of Slob". I wish someone would have said "hay John your barndoor is open and the cows are about to come out" , but nobody did. Im not embarrassed at all and I think its kind of funny my shirt tail is coming out where other parts of my body usually come out.

So there I am in that photo wishing I had some fashion cents.

Quote Originally Posted by stnfrnt View Post
    Hey OG......boy, the cold weather looks brutal up there. You okay? Got much snow?
    Not a lot of snow yet. Maybe a couple of inches. Luckily the temps are supposed to drop into the sub-zero range early next week for a few days so we should be able to haul the fish shanty out onto the lake. My son's installing a wood stove in it this week. Sounds like Ruth might have gotten some really bad weather last week.

Mr. Collier, I think that most people [[guys at least) over the age of 50 rarely point out wardrobe malfunctions when they see them. It all just looks normal to us or we assume it's just another old fart fashion statement. Enjoy.

Actually the over 50 fashion thing wouldn't include Hoover. He's still well pressed.

That it is stoney, but that last pic got my first laugh of the day. I thought I started that look.right around 50 like John.lol
    Last edited by EastownPunk; December-10-10 at 12:31 AM.

Default thx Stn..

Quote Originally Posted by stnfrnt View Post

Whaler, nice pics of the bluegrass trio...and the close up of Gash under that is just great..I'm instantly keyed to do a drawing of the photo...you'll see it fairly soon, and you'll both get a copy...

..just a reminder that HiWaTt is undergoing some surgery today, and I'm hoping very much for his phenomenal recovery...I did have the gin&tonic as asked for

there were a couple dudes at the open mic night that sang way better than I could ever hope for

Gleeman,
    Please let me know any updates on HiWatt!! I've been thinking about him all day! I miss being on his right side on stage and hearing something different every night...
    Looks like Ya'll had a great time at open mike night. Congrats to you and Gash on the fine things ya'll did...

STNFRNT.
    Have you made friends with your new EPI/Les Paul?

HiWatt,
    I just wanted to wish you a fast and full recovery! I'll keep good thoughts on my mind for you!
    Please get in touch when you can!!

4string......me and my Epiphone Les Pauls are real good friends. I have a small problem convincing the older one [[I opened him first) that just because he's tuned to a minor key, it doesn't mean he is any less important to me. I've got Acoustica-Beatcraft software installed now, so I'm going nuts with drum tracks now [[online drum machine).....make my own. I'd much rather have Machine Gun Kelly here.

John Collier.....don't fret, my friend. We all make fashion statements of our own at this stage of the game. I think it's because we don't really give a shit any more.

"The things that I must do consist of more than style"....Arthur Lee from Love...Forever Changes

Quote Originally Posted by old guy View Post
    Not a lot of snow yet. Maybe a couple of inches. Luckily the temps are supposed to drop into the sub-zero range early next week for a few days so we should be able to haul the fish shanty out onto the lake. My son's installing a wood stove in it this week. Sounds like Ruth might have gotten some really bad weather last week.

Mr. Collier, I think that most people [[guys at least) over the age of 50 rarely point out wardrobe malfunctions when they see them. It all just looks normal to us or we assume it's just another old fart fashion statement. Enjoy.
    OG, my lake this afternoon. A couple more days of freeze and the shanties will be out.

Quote Originally Posted by Gleeman View Post
    Whaler, nice pics of the bluegrass trio...and the close up of Gash under that is just great..I'm instantly keyed to do a drawing of the photo...you'll see it fairly soon, and you'll both get a copy...

..just a reminder that HiWaTt is undergoing some surgery today, and I'm hoping very much for his phenomenal recovery...I did have the gin&tonic as asked for

there were a couple dudes at the open mic night that sang way better than I could ever hope for
    No one sang better than you Gleeman, just differently.

HiWatt, good luck. You'll be in fine shape in no time. Then we'll demand that you show up and jam.

HiWatt is resting comfortably after a 3 hour surgery that went about as well as can be expected. One kidney was removed, and they're going after the other one in about 3 months. He's on dialysis 4hrs/5 days a week. Talked to a family member who happened to answer his phone......she was bringing it to the hospital for him because he forgot and left it at home. Be in the hospital til Mon or Tues.

1 586 292 0011

I am thinking about you HiWatt and I'm sending you all the good vibes I can.

Default gash with Hummingbird

...last night...Attachment 7987

HiWatt..Blessing your way Man...Kim and Whaler

Gleeman Nice!!!!

Skippers...Eastside Blind Ricky

That's Blind, Sonny Boy, Little Willy, Junior Ricky BE-ALL, to you. He was awesome. Listening to his voice and guitar you can tell he's a serious, accomplished, blues player. Thanks for taking part, BSBLWJRB.

Thanks to everyone who took part in Open-Mic at Skipper's this past tuesday. Especially the Gar Woodies: Gash, Gleeman, Whaler, BSBLWJRB, D.K, Vic, and of course, Mister Collier. What a group. Lot's of fun and great music.
    Last edited by 1KielsonDrive; December-10-10 at 01:03 PM.