Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 329 of 432 FirstFirst ... 229 279 319 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 339 379 429 ... LastLast
Results 8,201 to 8,225 of 10776

Thread: Garwood Mansion

We just figured that if Ruth could come up with an original Garwood chair, she could fix anything.

Quote Originally Posted by stnfrnt View Post
    What the hell are you guys talking about?! Ruth doesn't deserve this kind of crap! Knock it off! Hoover, go to your room and stay there til the Cubs win the World Series!!
    Uh, oh. That's pretty harsh. The Cubs win the World Series? I think the angry, white, father figure has reappeared. Okay Lare, where's the catholic guilt? Are you sure you weren't a DI while in the military? [[LOL!) You know, meant humourously. Ha, ha. Ummmmmmmm. Welll.
    Last edited by 1KielsonDrive; August-19-10 at 04:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by highhat View Post
    I see., we can`t talk emotionally about some things but innuendo besmirching the Godmother of all things GarWoodian is fair game...Shame... Shame... Shame...[[ Stlrkn you best take a lot of supplies to your room cuz the Cubs ain`t gonna win the World Series in our lifetime.)
    Acute observation and accurate comment.

well I did fix the organ
    hmmmmm

C'mon, Ruth, you're the closest thing to a doctor the F.O.G. is ever going to have........except if you count the one or two unlicensed pharmacists that grace our gatherings...thankfully.

Hoover.....leave that "well, I did fix the organ" thing alone!

Not going to say a word/

Hoover is stillrockin

How many organs did she fix?

Uhhhhhh........are you crazy?

I think so.

Well it was the 70s

'nuff said

Default I'm worken on it

I am wondering where everyone is.

We need more participation here. I love reading this thing but wish more would come forward and write us, like Natalie, where are you? ANd vic and Gus and BReeze and David , Roslyn. aNd Megan FOx.

Come back and be part of us that love you.

Happy Birthday, First Lady.

Happy Birthday First Lady [[sis)

happy birthday to kendra's aunt
    Last edited by stnfrnt; August-22-10 at 09:45 PM. Reason: spell check was wrong

Quote Originally Posted by RickBeall View Post
    We just figured that if Ruth could come up with an original Garwood chair, she could fix anything.
    the pipe organ fixing was great effort,
    happy B-day First Lady and many more

Quote Originally Posted by Whaler View Post
    "Two Yutes were hitchhiking down the coast of California 1971...After getting a ride from Santa Cruz and a nice bowl of hashish...departingthe car in the small town of Carmel...while getting out of a car with backpacks behind us a honking car loaded with a family and ignorant father kept honking and shaking his fist...As the 2 cars departed a young hipster let a resounding FUCK OFF bellow thru the Coast of Calif ringing in the Air"
    Whaler 1971
    those where the days, and it's not over yet Love you guy and girls

WOO HOO
    Happy Birthday first lady!!!!

Hey Hey..... Happy B-Day First Lady...... Make it a great one .....

Looks like things are heating up for you "West Coasters".....some pretty hot temps out there....... I can really sympathize with you ...... so, do what you have to do to stay cool.....Us folks here in the south are in for a little reprieve....weather systems coming out of the north....eases the humidity, but temp still in 90s +.....

As I sit here pondering navel lint....I can't help wondering when the next get together will happen....... What do you think Stnft.....Fall / Spring ? ? ? Detroit / West Coast / down south / up north ........Thoughts / comments / concerns ? ? ?

Well, Back to pondering ..........Y'all GDGT

Hey Gash.....I ain't waiting til next summer, that's for damn sure.

Default Life is Good

Thanks for all the bday wishes as in Sally O'Malleys words "I can kick I can stretch and I'm 62" whoo hoo I think we should plan the next Garwood reunion out here we could call it Garwood West Reunion whatcha think?

Quote Originally Posted by firstlady View Post
    Thanks for all the bday wishes as in Sally O'Malleys words "I can kick I can stretch and I'm 62" whoo hoo I think we should plan the next Garwood reunion out here we could call it Garwood West Reunion whatcha think?
    Wherever it may be, it'll be nothing without firstlady, and the Downriviera Sisters. Yeah - - - Gregory Park, the Bandshell, Burger Chef, White Castle, McDonalds, Carter's, cruising Dix Ave and Fort Street, downtown LP. Happy birthday, Smiley. Love, = 1KD a/k/a S =
    Last edited by 1KielsonDrive; September-07-10 at 01:25 AM.

Hey 1kd.......maybe you should consider expanding Open-Mic Nite to twice a week. Get some of Collier's old newspaper buddies to do a story..........or not.

Quote Originally Posted by stnfrnt View Post
    Hey 1kd.......maybe you should consider expanding Open-Mic Nite to twice a week. Get some of Collier's old newspaper buddies to do a story..........or not.
    Thanks Lare. I may do that. There's absolutely nothing going on at the moment. Due to varied reasons: the economy, the season, etc, etc. As we get back into fall mode, I'll add another special event night. It might be another Open-Mic/Stage. I'd like to do a Bluegrass/Country night. I can't afford bands at this time. As much as I dislike karaoke, it might work. One of Hamtramck's finest, who hangs at my place, is a deejay and karaoke guy when he's not persecuting [[ha, ha) the masses. He's among the coolest cops I've known. He's a hometown guy, too. So he knows lots of locals.

If we didn't have to pay the rent for all these fucking illegal aliens out here, maybe we could afford to turn on the air conditioning in the Long Beach City College classrooms! Man it's hot!!