Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 154 of 432 FirstFirst ... 54 104 144 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 164 204 254 ... LastLast
Results 3,826 to 3,850 of 10776

Thread: Garwood Mansion

Candyman....Here is a Clip from Celebration at Big Sur...Do you remember Stills almost getting into a Fight...I saw the Movie in 71 wish I was there....
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CboU0iUefv4

Hi guys !!!
    We might be getting our computer fixed today ! How is everyone? Can everybody check in and give me a little ???? It's Roll Call

Hey Margie...Nice to see you here ..How is Big Mike and the Kids...Saw Foghat[[Latest Version)..fri night Rockin the river..fun time...Hope all is well!!!!!
    Last edited by Whaler; March-18-10 at 09:07 AM.

Whaler....right on with the photo for Kendra. AND.....those Wrigley Field shots are going up on a wall for sure!! Thanks.

Stone ...This one is for you..Sunday is my you tube day.. I play it thru 2 Sure Vocal Master speakers..one video after another..Peace..whaler
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3X0hZ...eature=related

Whaler......I found that one a few months back, and it is a true treasure! Thanks for bringing it back to me. I downloaded a demo version of Replay Media Catcher,
    http://applian.com/replay-media-catcher/, and I can capture 100% of the youtube videos, then I store them in an FLV file. When I spring for the full version, I'll be able to capture 100% of anything on video, not just youtube. With the full-on software program, I can burn the data to a DVD.......sort of my own music VOD. Man, I love this shit!

Gotta' go get 'Derick' in the file, now.

stnfrnt
    Great Idea - I just took a photo - now I can't fine the wire to connect to my computer. So please tell Kendra that Ruth says hello. I'll get a photo posted as soon as I find that [[)*&%# wire

hi everyone. happy birthday first lady......... willy deville-[[08-27-1950--08-06 09) love his music, loved his shows,R.I.P.

graynoodle......howdy, long time, dude. just youtubed willie deville.....great little mariachi version of "hey joe". vaya con dios, willie.

Larry, tell everybody out there hello for me. I'm feeling a little rough today too Whaler.
    Attachment 2825

Hi Ya Kendra....this is the best I could do.....Luv ya and wish you all things good...I think we should have a contest for the first dance with you when we all get back together...Love and peace Gary [[Gash) Merryman[ATTACAttachment 2826H]2824[/ATTACH]

Old Guy...Hahahahhahaha...Feelin a little better now!!!

You guys are f%$#&ng great!!
    Hungover a little...maybe...just a tad...but still great!

Keep em coming, gang.
    I've got all night.......I have no life.

I just browsed DY and checked out the St. Jude thread. It's like listening in on a phone conversation. Wierd! But I did get hungry when they started talking about Polish food.

Greetings from Brian 'Cap'n Nemo' McDonald. Here he is with his daughter 'Markie', 12 years old, taken last spring. They recently returned from a trip to Alaska and also visited his son in Chicago a few months ago.
    Last edited by 1KielsonDrive; September-16-09 at 11:55 PM.

Here's a bumper sticker Brian McDonald dug out of his archives. It's original. He sent me a few. I can only begin to imagine the goodies he has socked away from the 25 plus years of the Soup Kitchen Saloon. When I worked for him, he had a large room full of memorabilia, photos, promotional materials, albums, shirts, caps, buttons, letters, post cards, etc, etc. It has to be a treasure trove of blues, jazz and American music. Just in the time I worked at the Soup, we had Willie Dixon, James Cotton, J.B.Hutto, Luther Allison, Johnny Copeland, Matt 'Guitar' Murphy, Bob Margolin, Josh White Jr, Corky Siegel, and locals such as The Urbations, Little Sonny and Dick Siegal. I saw 'Long' John Baldry, Mose Allison, Jorma Kaukonen, among others, perform at the Soup. Someone needs to interview Brian about all of these musicians and their performances and get it on video. I think I'll call John Penny at the American Music Research Foundation. I had a lot of material he gave me which I donated to Ron and Barb Oster when they were publishing the Blues Review. They still have it.
    Last edited by 1KielsonDrive; September-16-09 at 11:55 PM.

Stone and Big K

I would post a photo of myself but I broke the camera!

maybe www.collierpics.blogspot.com

Where the hell is Hoover and drummer 21 when we need them?

Is theere a reunion next year at Larrys place in Calf.?

I hope so!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Whaler View Post
    Candyman....Here is a Clip from Celebration at Big Sur...Do you remember Stills almost getting into a Fight...I saw the Movie in 71 wish I was there....
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CboU0iUefv4
    Hey Whaler. Yah I was up on stage for that celebration movie at Esalen [[left side next to Joni Mitchell) I didn't see stills get in fight, but, when he walked past me he was really uptight. That concert was one of the highlights of my life. John Sabastian sang a song just for me and I was featured in a San Fran newspaper. There is more to the story that I'll share next time we meet.
    Last edited by Candy man; August-24-09 at 10:59 AM. Reason: grammer

Come on, Candy, don't hold it back! "Enquiring minds want to know."

Kendra had a rough night, so I'll wait and go see her tomorrow. Gives us more time to post some greetings for her. I just talked to A2_dj, and it was a rough night for him too. I don't know how he and Brenda do it........it's sooo hard!

Quote Originally Posted by stnfrnt View Post
    Come on, Candy, don't hold it back! "Enquiring minds want to know."

Kendra had a rough night, so I'll wait and go see her tomorrow. Gives us more time to post some greetings for her. I just talked to A2_dj, and it was a rough night for him too. I don't know how he and Brenda do it........it's sooo hard!
    Hey Stnfrnt you know as well as me, after 40 years everything is kinda fragmented. I do remember that the Esalen Institute was a place for sensetivity and vegitarian training. I met people that had come off of wall street to live there,donating every thing they had just to stay there. The communal baths were very therapeutic. There was an olympic size swimming pool[[like the Garwood) in front of the stage that was supposed to be off limits during the concert. I had contemplated staying there also and helped clean up after most everyone else had left. I felt a real peace there but reality had to kick in and I had to make it back up north and to San Diego for my court thing. The folks there did make me feel very welcome and had invited me back whenever. Who knows I may, if the Holy Spirit leads me there. Kendra, you have seen photos of me before on this site. Focus your minds eye on Jesus for your healing. He especially loves all children and wants us all to be like children. We talked before on your website and I really feel and understand what you and your friend are going thru. Stay strong, we will all stand by you.

Thanks for the Essalen clips!
    I just this morning finished reading Whispering Pines; the Northern Roots of American Music from Hank Snow to the Band. by Jason Schneider.An excellent read, got it from the library, was on the brand new books shelf.

Chapter 1, Snow-Wilf Carter-Bob Nolan, 2 Ronnie Hawkins and the Hawks [[lotsa familiar names in there) 3 Ian &Sylvia, Bonnie Dobson-Buffy Ste. Marie, 4 Lightfoot, 5 Leonard Cohen, 6 Joni Mitchell, 7 Great Speckled Bird-Anne Murray-Bruce Cockburn-Murray McLauchlan -Kate and Anna McGarrigle, 8 Neil Young, 9 The Band.

Maybe I'm getting a look out that wonderful window I see posted here sometimes. Or, come to think of it, a look inside.

Looking out, or looking in......
    it doesn't matter.

Last edited by stnfrnt; November-22-09 at 10:08 PM.

Thanks for the big picture window! Yes, I meant it several ways.

I'm now reading Magic Bus; on the Hippie Trail from Istanbul to India by Rory Maclean. [[Library new shelf again.) Younger journalist following the trail forty years later. Not sentimental hogwash, so far an amazing re-journey. I'm thinking that the bus might have left from the Garwood front driveway, or did it return there? The same difference, I think.

huh?? same difference?? isn't that an oxycodin??........er, something. Hoover?