Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 14 of 432 FirstFirst ... 4 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 24 64 114 ... LastLast

Thread: Garwood Mansion

Default Another angle.

Another angle view of the boat wells.
    Last edited by 1KielsonDrive; April-10-09 at 01:06 AM.

Default Another angle view.

One more perspective.

Default Fruehauf Mansion Boat Well.

This is the mouth of the long, skinny Fruehauf mansion slip as it meets the Detroit River.

Default The Former Site of the Gar Wood from A B Ford Park.

This was taken from the east - A B Ford Park. I was talking to Det313grrl on my cell while taking this one, trying to get her to come out and play, when the guard approached me to throw my car out of the park. You can relate to this one better by viewing the previous posted photos.

Default Checking it out

Just wondering if I'm able to post.

Default Krishna's House on East Jefferson.

This is the house where the Krishnas lived prior to Reuther and Buhl Ford buying the Lawrence Fisher Mansion to house the Bakhtivedanta Cultural Center. It was the place I'd mentioned in earlier posts that some of us from the house went to eat dinner with the Krishnas on a few occasions. It's located on the corner of Burns and East Jefferson at Indian Village. I spoke to a caretaker at this house a couple of years ago. He said it was a recovery facility for drug/alcohol abusers, I think. Don't quote me on any of this - it may just be a flashback. Next picture will be a doctor's office right across the corner of Burns Street from this building. It was formerly a 24 hour Clock or a Nugget restaurant where we ate many times and some of the bands that ended up at the house would chow after their concerts.

Default 24 Hour Clock or Nugget Restaurant on East Jefferson.

Here's the building on the N/W corner of Burns Street and East Jefferson directly across from the old Krishna House in the previous picture. As I said before, we had a few late night/ early morning chow downs and 'trips' in this joint.

Wow KD great shots, did you get all emotional , you know like past memories flying in faster then the water was flowing. I sure felt something just looking, the beauty of the water, the sadness of all those people living there without that stately Mansion. Yet how lucky they are to see those views everyday. Thanks.... really
    I know that you have had some problems lately so cheers to you. I also had that a few years ago e-mail me or call and I will tell you how it was resolved. [[ a total surprise to me).

Welcome to the other sideDrummer

Default More to come later.

That's it for tonight my fellow FOG's. I have a lot more photos for you guys. I hope you enjoy them. As Stone said regarding the A2 photos I posted, it might be difficult to put them in perspective. It's been many moons and much water under the bridge. I'm here and around this stuff and at times I have difficulty placing things and putting them in perspective. I hope you'll get a glimmer and a flashback.

I remember that house on Jefferson & Burns, I have been there , I believe before I was ever at the Gar Wood Mansion.
    Now, raised as I was, that was way different for me!!!!!

I'm fine Isle. Thanks for your concern. A bit of pain and discomfort from hurrying my spring activities back too quickly, but it's all good from here. I have a couple of links my girlfriend asked me to give to you regarding diet and nutrition. She's always working on diet, nutrition and exercise for her RA and Gluten intolerance. I'll email them in the next couple of days.

great KD look forward to them

thanks for the pictures , I even remember the lay out of that house WHEW !!!!

Hi Boys and Girls !!
    I don't know how to put a pic on here when I talk to you guys.
    1keil & Hoover ,OG, Hope all of you are feelin much better.Larry, Gary,Mark, how is everyone! I miss you guys...I have been so busy how is everyone doing?
    Last edited by Margie; April-23-09 at 01:36 PM.

Okay this is just a reminder to get your dancing shoes ready

Ahhhhh, I bet that was a pretty sight to see every morning,along with your coffee 1KDrive....Mark glad to hear you're feeling ok....[[One of the boys eh?)

Hi Margie
    glad you can still post your pink heart

check out additional options below this reply box to post photos

Hello to Mr John Collier ..I love what you wrote on your blog..... along with the great photos.
    I also have a postcard collection, that at times I get totally lost in , what a great way to learn and document a way of life. Cheers to your new project.

Hey Jeep! You made it, bro! Welcome.

iklsn....fu$^%#ng great photos! What could they park in those skinny slips? Canoes or kayaks? Another mystery. Just doesn't make sense to hard-build something that small. Got to be an explanation.

This was the view out my window. Ruth took this picture and I want to know what she was doing in my room with a camera! Was I there? Is that the time Gus and I and a bunch of other folks crammed into my shower and shut the door and smoked 1/2 gallon of pot? True story. Remember that Gus? Used a cut-in-half 1gallon plastic milk container and a garden hose; I remember that. You'll have to get the blueprints from Gus if you want to build one. He holds a patent on the thing.Attachment 359
    Last edited by stnfrnt; April-19-09 at 04:31 AM.

Gus and I and a bunch of other folks crammed into my shower and shut the door and smoked 1/2 gallon of pot? True story.
    Ahhh - good times.

Bigb23......I did some research on that tigerfish and they seem to be fairly rare; tough going, especially with trout gear. Understandable that you won't give up the location or river name. Here's a couple nice ones.Attachment 363
    Last edited by stnfrnt; April-19-09 at 04:31 AM.

Rkble.....'bout time you got here. I've had your songs downloaded since you put them on the blog. I guess the guys are jamming with it when possible. Welcome.

Went to Costco wholesale club yesterday to pick out my coffin got a shiny silver one very humbling.

Good Mornin' Ya'll. I spoke with Gus last night, he is still in AZ finishing some work that he started and expected to be done today.

Hoover......knock it off! You better be getting okay. Sort of sounds like you are; and that's a good thing!

Default Falcons

Quote Originally Posted by stnfrnt View Post
    Gleeman.....who are the rest of the guys in the Falcons? What's the history on your Strat? Looks like it's sanded down to natural wood. I've seen that guitar somewhere, haven't I?Attachment 236
    Stn.... the Falcons were my bar band in A2 for like 4 years..played a lot at Mr. Floods Party [[gone)..Dennis Hack-lead vocals &guitar..sang a mean Rufus Thomas, Wilson Pickett, Righteous Bros...and Dennis Allen on bass ...yah the Strat you've seen on a lotta photos- '64 neck- '72 body w/ in-and-out of phase toggle switches...sounds bitc!!'n thru the little studio Marshall ...

Page 14 of 432 FirstFirst ... 4 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 24 64 114 ... LastLast