Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 13 of 432 FirstFirst ... 3 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 23 63 113 ... LastLast

Thread: Garwood Mansion

Love this location, and all the people on all the threads. I wish more people would interact with this thread.

Default Bob Lo Boats Columbia & Ste Claire

Taken Monday 03-30-09
    Attachment 334

Attachment 335
    Last edited by 1KielsonDrive; April-10-09 at 01:06 AM.

Default More Bob Lo Boats.

Taken Monday 03-30-09.

Ruth, Bentspur and 1kd you have a private mess and the top right of the page

Default Great Lakes Freighter Herbert C. Jackson.

I believe this laker, the Herbert C. Jackson, is the second last or the last ship to be launched from the Great Lakes Engineering Works in River Rouge. I think the final three were the Edmund Fitzgerald, the Arthur B. Homer and the Herbert C. Jackson, all from approximately 1957 - 1959. I attended all three launches as a child. The yards were about 3 blocks from our home. I was surprised to see this girl sitting across from the Bob Lo Boats at Nicholson Terminal and Dock. I wasn't sure she was still intact because so many lakers have been scrapped in recent years.

Default Gar Wood area photos.

I have some photos I took last monday the 30th of areas around the Gar Wood, Belle Isle and East Jefferson. I'll post them soon. I'm still avoiding this computer until my back and shoulders recover.

the pics are greats hope to WEE some more

What? I am the down the road guy.

Hey, I think we should all stop by Monday night. Let's work some shit out. I want to talk about this new John Collier stuff. It's good. I think I talked to Gus tonight. I think he and Heidi are doing well, will be back east soon and back in touch. Life is funny.

Okay- Better times.
    Last edited by Bigb23; April-05-09 at 06:00 AM.

Good Morning lovely people,,,sun's shining, 40 degrees out, a couple of ducks on the pond...life is good...

1KD, interesting that you grew up close to the docks. My grand dad had the Havana Iron Works in Cuba. If a freighter pulled in needing engine work, him and my dad would cut a huge hole in the side of the hull and pull the engine out thru it, repair or replace it then weld the piece back into the hull after it was installed. I wonder if we are still doing it like that these days? My dad and I welded a bronze casting for the bilge pump on a British Navy ship docked in Detroit. Dad may have bumped into Gar Wood I'm not sure.

Old guy, I guess Gus decided not to pull through Colorado. He said he can't stand weather under 70 degrees. It was in the single digits here last night with snow blowing everywhere. We went down to see the Haunted Wind Chimes, but, they were snowed in at Pueblo. As you know Pueblo is kind of like the Florida of Colorado. So, look out Stillrockin its headed your way.

Quote Originally Posted by stnfrnt View Post
    Gleeman...........this ever happen to you??Attachment 317
    what was the follow up photos like, could be no more follow up at all ya?

.... Jeez ...

Howdy y'all........Hope all is good you everyones world.......A heads up to any one planning to book a room during our reunion.....there are some left that Ruth has blocked for us.....but any other lodging is scarce and filling up fast. Just wanted to encourage those planning on waiting til the last minute to act quick.....other than that things here in Tenn. are getting weird....last Thursday,76 degrees, Thursday afternoon, torrential downpours with a few tornadoes and temps down to the 40s. Friday rain and temps in the 50s, Saturday temps in the 70s, sunny and a beautiful day. Today, Sunday temps in the 70s, with dropping temps this afternoon and storms this evening and temps down in the 20s and snow, sleet and rain for the next couple days....What the hell is going on here. I need a road trip....GDGT

Gleeman...........this ever happen to you??Attachment 317
    mostly I'm a fresh water paddler ... because of pictures like that ...

Default ok

so, Stnfrnt... looks like we may have a [COLOR="Blue"][SIZE="4"] comin up here .. aayyh?

...may have a GIG...

Gleeman.......don't have a clue as to what that stuff means. Can I have a clue?

Folow up shark shots come with a story, but that's later. It's crazy!

Attachment 342

Attachment 343
    Last edited by stnfrnt; April-19-09 at 04:31 AM.

I just wanted to wanted to send get well greetings to Hoover and 1KielsonDrive. Get well guys!

--Rick B

Songs about Garwood:

Start a Revolution
    -------------------------
    http://jamq.org/jamqueuemusic/StLoJ1...-Rick_KeyG.m3u
    [[Normal mouse Left Click to listen)

Hoover was a Mover
    ------------------------------
    http://jamq.org/jamqueuemusic/StHiJ1...-Rick_KeyG.m3u
    [[Normal mouse Left Click to listen)

Hey Ya'all...Had fun at the Final Four Last night...wow that was good for Dtown...I am a M man but Spartans Rule..Check out this Horse..Kind of like the monkey...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=teHfyby_veU

Gleeman.......don't have a clue as to what that stuff means. Can I have a clue?

Folow up shark shots come with a story, but that's later. It's crazy!

Attachment 342

Attachment 343
    I'd like to buy that MAN a beer.

Prices up , I'm rolling my own again. Rizla and Bugler, I still have my rolling skills.

Default Lennox Avenue Photos

This one is for perspective. Two more to follow.

Default Two Boat Wells on Lennox.

Taken Monday 03-30-09. #59 is the long skinny well going up to the Fruehauf mansion. #60 is the shorter well at a right angle to, and behind where the Fruhauf Mansion was located.

Page 13 of 432 FirstFirst ... 3 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 23 63 113 ... LastLast