Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 428 of 432 FirstFirst ... 328 378 418 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 LastLast
Results 10,676 to 10,700 of 10776

Thread: Garwood Mansion

Good to hear from you old guy......any thoughts on that house we're talking about?

Can't say that it looks familiar. I can't remember any homes on the opposite side from Ralph's. That doesn't mean there weren't any.

Ken Dunlop put this up on my timeline.......killer stuff, so kudos to Ken.

It's some great info about Grayhaven Island and some of the myths and mysteries surrounding the little piece of land that our little Garwood Mansion occupied for all those glorious years.

http://www.nailhed.com/2014/08/maheras-mystery.html?m=1
    Last edited by stnfrnt; June-28-17 at 12:40 PM.

ALOHA I'm back in action who know the replies to black gold man from March 2012 page 389?

Recovery on da way{^•^×}

Quote Originally Posted by black gold man View Post
    Anybody go by the last name RITNER lives in HAWAII.
    I just was at a job and bill says his sister lived at Garwood.
    BGM
    Yes here I am where are you that was 5 yrs now?

Yes it was very hard for me to get a log in took a day. An correct the old blog was a bigger than life fun story with Hoover old guy never found fergie days I have this flower s growing an the maintence men wack em down but they keep coming back I say hi to my old Gar Wood friends one at A time OK Mike Gus Fergie Margie each day as I walk out the door to go to work, miss each one now John Lodwig is passed too God Bless

Hey the Cubs really did it 5 yrs later who new

Quote Originally Posted by rockinrona View Post
    Larry the Maui sax man Gordon is in a reggie band called Canefire and they are on fire
    Mark
    good work mate with your fish send me a pic of them in the frying pan ya?? and a bottle of wine too OG??? ,or if the paper need some hot tips I got um.hint hint 3D front page
    Some one must know who this black gold man is in Michigan have we all stepped down from this blogged an retired?

Quote Originally Posted by det313grrl View Post
    Attachment 32393
    Still rockin' in the free world.
    Wishin" ya'all all the best for the new year!
    Aloha gal glad your still here, the time has come now that TG he 4 TG h of July is passed to enjoy summer I have a 3 day weekend starting Sunday will fly over to Waikiki to see the fastest boats come in from LA in da Transpac a cat did it in 5 days once an Merlin in 8 days now you know TG hose fast is fun sailors will be parting down in Hawaii TG his is a state that luv to have FUN!!!

Quote Originally Posted by old guy View Post
    Hey Larry, guess it's pretty much just you and me. Who woulda thought. Sorry to hear about Natalie.
    Oh no Natalie too God Bless a new flower in our garden

Rona Baby.....this thread has slowed down to a near coma pace, but a few of us check in every now and then......can't help you with black gold man, but great to see you back up and running here....I know a lot of people had a really hard time signing onto this revamped web page, so they just gave up.....I know my brother said fuck it after trying to get on here about a gazillion times.....bad move Lowell, but I still love ya'.

FYI: I've built myself a little recording studio here "In My Room" [[Beach Boys), and I'm still writing and recording rock 'n roll music, so you just know that Stonefront is just waiting in the wings. So put on your headphones and crank it up to 33!!

https://soundcloud.com/merryman-1/garwood-party-song
    Last edited by stnfrnt; August-06-17 at 07:52 PM.

I remember finding and reading this epic thread in about 2010; a fascinating story of events I was a little too young to have experienced [[1975 grad). I started re-reading it recently, since it's been some time, but with most of the pictures referenced in some of the posts gone, it can be hard. Every time I see "Attachment" wonder what it was; I remember a cute redhead with a jacket decorated with Christmas lights, and some great photos of the band and the mansion.

psubliminal.......thanks for stopping by........maybe these will refresh your memory......I know that I have had to remove some of the photos that I posted long ago, because DY puts a Gb limit on attachments.......I reached that limit several times and had to go back through previous posts and remove photos in order to post newer ones.......I may have to do just that so I can show you these:

Name:  160754.jpg
Views: 896
Size:  9.8 KB

Name:  163261.jpg
Views: 835
Size:  24.7 KB

Name:  s f band perform z.jpg
Views: 885
Size:  86.5 KB

Boo!! Did I scare anybody?

just swinging through to say hi from sunny Southern California.......hope all is well everywhere.....

no crazy card this year.......just merry christmas and happy new year.......

Quote Originally Posted by stnfrnt View Post
    no crazy card this year.......just merry christmas and happy new year.......
    We're merry and happy and cold here!

Greetings again from Westland, MI [[3 miles north of the Rock 'n' Roll Farm). Thanks, Larry, for reposting the pics last fall. I've done a lot of Googling on the Garwood and believe it or not, I'm reading the thread again [[I'm up to April, 2009). I found Collier's blog, too. Did his book ever materialize? I'd have bought one.

OK guys, help me out if you can. Back about 10 or 11 years ago I was searching for information on an obscure automobile manufactured in Detroit and I happened to stumble across the original Garwood mansion thread. Best I recall it was started by some fellow who was asking if anyone remembered it from the late 60's or early 70's. As the thread progressed, one or two people popped in who had once lived there and it was finally revealed that the OP was a former resident as well. The thread went several hundred pages and I was completely hooked on reading it.

From the looks of the first posts in this thread, this was the continuation of that thread once DYes moved to the "new" format in like 2009. Earlier tonight I was trying to tell a friend the story of the Garwood and wanted to give him a link to that original thread, but I've spent the last two hours beating Google to death and can't find it anywhere. Does that original thread exist anywhere and if so, would someone please be kind enough to share the link?

And to any of you original Garwoodians, you guys are awesome! Thanks for the incredible stories!

Quote Originally Posted by dlshady View Post
    ...From the looks of the first posts in this thread, this was the continuation of that thread once DYes moved to the "new" format in like 2009. Earlier tonight I was trying to tell a friend the story of the Garwood and wanted to give him a link to that original thread, but I've spent the last two hours beating Google to death and can't find it anywhere. Does that original thread exist anywhere and if so, would someone please be kind enough to share the link?...
    You might be referring to
    Discuss Detroit » DISCUSS DETROIT! » Garwood Mansion.
    Last edited by Jimaz; May-18-18 at 06:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimaz View Post
    Thank you Jimaz, that is the one! I actually started reading that one last night but the mention of John Collier and Stonefront in the first couple of pages threw me off. I didn't recall either of those names coming up until much later on, but my memory obviously ain't what it used to be!

Jimaz........thanks for that link.......those old days and the posts that were put up were a good read..........a lot more people were involved too, and that was a big, fun deal.....

Name:  group in front high  copy.jpg
Views: 1202
Size:  65.0 KB

Quote Originally Posted by stnfrnt View Post
    Jimaz........thanks for that link....
    You're most welcome but all the credit goes to Lowell for retaining all this history.

The Gar Wood mansion legend is like a real-life fairy tale. I recall others of that era, far outstate, asking "Did you hear what these freaks are doing in Detroit?!" The story went on from there and kept on going — over all these years.

Live big things. We only have one life.

[[Still sprouting hair halfway down my back after all these years.)
    Last edited by Jimaz; May-24-18 at 10:42 PM.