Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 379 of 432 FirstFirst ... 279 329 369 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 389 429 ... LastLast
Results 9,451 to 9,475 of 10776

Thread: Garwood Mansion

Hey OG, Can't say as I did feel the quake. It shook the south part of the state, at Trinidad. But, who knows, I'm kinda shakey most of the time any how. Maybe it will give a new meaning to "Shakedown Street".

Hey Gash....are you getting tons of mail/notifications from AARP like I am? What's that all about? How'd they find me? Somebody ratted me out!

Hey Rita Baby........

Huge ‘New Zealand Swell’ Hitting Southern California

Posted by Real News Reporter on September 4th, 2011

Massive waves slamming into California’s coast – killing at least one person and causing millions of dollars in damage – are being labelled the “New Zealand surf” because of where they are coming from.
    In a rare event, a big weather system between New Zealand and Antarctica has generated a heavy Pacific wide swell, bringing the waves to California.

Default how is the rocket? are ya sailing and fishing around the great lakes? what's going on

hi rocket are ya sailig and fishing around the great lakes whats up with the Tigers
    Quote Originally Posted by stnfrnt View Post
    Hey Rita Baby........

Huge ‘New Zealand Swell’ Hitting Southern California

Posted by Real News Reporter on September 4th, 2011

Massive waves slamming into California’s coast – killing at least one person and causing millions of dollars in damage – are being labelled the “New Zealand surf” because of where they are coming from.
    In a rare event, a big weather system between New Zealand and Antarctica has generated a heavy Pacific wide swell, bringing the waves to California.

Aloha the new zealand swell hit here s shore first and great 15 ft and freight trains when off the fastest wave in the world inMich well fall is coming on, go Tigers luv ya fog folks hope your all riding the wave of good health and a shot for good times Rona

HEY!! That shoulda' been Hey Rona Baby....

Skipper.....good luck with the transition, bro...

Hey Greynoodle...triple digits 4 days running and we're on fire up here...Summer finally got here..

Same here, but today only about 88. Its been a very mild summer so far, but Sept. usually the hottest month here. Made it through the blackout. It was quite nice actually. Lots of impromptu block parties, warm summer night. I had a wonderful time with the neighbors. Of course there was some tequila drinking , gunfire, and mariachi's close by, but that just goes with the territory.
    Last edited by graynoodle; September-09-11 at 10:25 AM. Reason: I'm not sure

Quote Originally Posted by stnfrnt View Post
    Hey Gash....are you getting tons of mail/notifications from AARP like I am? What's that all about? How'd they find me? Somebody ratted me out!
    I started getting about 3 letters a week when I turned 50. Joined for a while just to get them off my back.

Me to OG......But now I'm thinking about signing up again to get the insurance......Thanks to General Motors and the UAW......I'm sucking air on the doctor bills........Or I could just get healthy, Quit smoking, give up the bad diet and exercise more.....................NNNNAAAHHH.......that aint gonna happen!!!!!!

Bunches of Luv at Y'all and GDGT

It ... cannot ... die.

Hey Ruth......

Attachment 10648

Yahooooo..........

Attachment 10649

Teegarden and VanWinkle!!!
    Where did you find these photos? I love them!
    Skip VanWinkle was the best keyboard player around.

Larry, those two photos aren't from the Coronado Theatre are they?

Default Hey Guys....

Wow...This is how it all started for me slumped over my computer @ 3:00 am.
    And what did I find on the Motor City Archives ???

Hello out there in memory land. I'm looking for folks from the GarWood mansion. [[The house band was called Stonefront) So many great parties there after concerts at the Eastown. I have recently run into someone who visited often, I'm hoping to find some of the many residents. I'm the redhead who got the pipe organ up and running [[and had too much fun with too many of the boys!) Cindy Olds - Margie - Gloria Blondie - Larry Merriman and brother Gary - Fergie - Rona - too many others to mention but if you know the wherabouts of any please send me a note

Ruth Hoffman

rhoffman@cats.ucsc.edu
    Santa Cruz, Ca USA - Thursday, February 07, 2002 at 17:39:51 [[PDT)

Name:  KISSING LIPS.jpg
Views: 563
Size:  3.9 KB
    Last edited by Margie; September-13-11 at 10:06 PM.

OG....they're not from the Coronado Theater gig...some hall in Birmingham, MI.

Margie....I love you guys...so good to get a kiss...

Attachment 10657

Who's this guy?......

MARGIE!!!!!
    Missed you girl Thanks for posting my note from way back in 2002 - that's when this all began. It's been a 10 year journey!

How's everything with you - give me a call

Stone was that Mutsy....hahahahaha.....No Old Style that sucks!!!!!....My sons fiance is the Nanny for a pitcher on the Cubbies....been a tough year.....They have Great seats everygame though....Ruth I first saw that post on Motor City Music Archives....That got me lookin arround..Nice!!!!!... Tigers are Red Hot....Peace...Whaler

My pal John Manikoff who passed away last year..Was a Studio musician with Skip in LA..He said Skip was the salt of the earth..Remember when they opened for Traffic at Eastern in 71...Great show..Whaler

I remember going to Garwood after a concert one night, but I don't remember leaving; a common occurrence in those happy, young, days of my long agos.

Jingles....if I hadn't lived at the Gar Wood Mansion, I never would have found my way home from some of those parties. Hell, Bush Mark lived there, and he couldn't find his way home half the time.

It would've been very cool to live at the Gar Wood Mansion - I only went there once, maybe twice, but I never forgot it, and what a story[[ies) to tell years later -