Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Page 2 of 432 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 12 52 102 ... LastLast

Thread: Garwood Mansion

Default glmn

...remember, its not up to us to think, just be happy we can react...

Glmn I think they are lures/bobbers etc......and I'm not that thrilled with the attachment feature.....I agree...looses spontaneity....Guess this is what we have to deal with......we'll get used to it I guess

ah, I see, you have to go to the next page...Attachment 84
    Last edited by det313grrl; April-12-09 at 02:23 PM.

lilpup Guest

Quote Originally Posted by gash View Post
    Glmn I think they are lures/bobbers etc......and I'm not that thrilled with the attachment feature.....I agree...looses spontaneity....Guess this is what we have to deal with......we'll get used to it I guess
    To avoid using attachments you can upload images to the web at flickr, photobucket, etc. then use the insert image feature to link to them and have them posted open instead of requiring a click.

Default glmn

I think this site needs some tweaking..the way it shows on mine the last post was 4:14...it's now 6:37..I know their have been posts since 4:14. before I made this "reply" there was supposedly a post by "lilpup" at near 6:00...not sure why it always says "reply" and not just "post"

Default reply to reply

am I replying to my own reply? Detgrrl how to go to the next page ?

I think you're right, dude!

I was talking about on the first page, where the thread is listed, it opens to the first page of posting, unless you hit the [[2).

So this is the other side?

Thought I was already here once.

still having my Aaarrggggghhhhh moments with this new site.
    So far I'm not a fan - - but will keep trying. I miss the pictures!

Quote Originally Posted by det313grrl View Post
    I was talking about on the first page, where the thread is listed, it opens to the first page of posting, unless you hit the [[2).
    ok it's 8frign 30 and I found the [[2), detgrl so score 1 for the home team

not real sure about this photo stuff
    is that the em club leadville played and the "things go better with pot" t-shirt presented a problem?
    Last edited by stnfrnt; April-01-09 at 03:53 PM.

Yea, the whole picture thing I haven't a clue how this works, why can't I see the first ones I posted?!
    Attachment 104

Okay, I found them. But I'm having problems with the pics, too.
    Last edited by Bigb23; March-31-09 at 10:42 AM.

I think I've got it. Now somebody has to start a new Garwood Thread to replace the one we wrecked.
    Last edited by Bigb23; March-30-09 at 10:58 PM.

I think the main frustration here is the fact that we can't seem to find a way to post photos [[not attachments) already opened up a la the old thread. This business of clicking on an 'attached images' box and leaving this thread to view the image, then having to come back here seems, in many instances, to defeat the whole "meat and potatoes" of the Garwood blog. There are very creative, intelligent, humorous, caring people involved here who respond and communicate not only with words, but with images also. Hoover NEEDS pictures to communicate! Jumping back and forth, trying to maintain a stream of thought and finding your place when you come back to your text............well, as I said before, it's a detour I wish we could avoid. If anyone out there can provide some clarity on this issue, please "come on down". Remember: there are creative, intelligent, educated, people on this thread. I ain't one of them! If there's a way to do this, please help me. Okay....I'm done.

Stosh Guest

Stnfrnt, can you see the images above these posts? If not then you will have to change your settings in the user CP at the left on the top of the thread in the blue bar.

Under Edit options check the box listing show images.Then check Show Images.

Visible Post ElementsYou have the option to show or hide various elements of messages, which may be of use to users on slow internet connections, or who want to remove extraneous clutter from posts.
    Show Signatures
    Show Avatars
    Show Images [[including attached images and images in [IMG] code)
    Last edited by Stosh; March-30-09 at 10:19 PM.

Hey, Stone, hang in there and play around a little bit. Treat the dialog box like a word processor. As far as images, use attachment, load it, then click attachment again. It should load in the dialog box. Then move it with the enter and space keys.
    Last edited by Bigb23; March-31-09 at 10:43 AM.

Default big B

T tried whut you said..still no pic in the box
    Last edited by Gleeman; March-31-09 at 03:56 PM.

Stosh Guest

Gleeman...

Instead of just clicking on upload and then posting, do this. Once you have uploaded the picture, click on the paperclip, you will get a box that says manage attachments. Clicking on the file will get you this

ATTACH]113[/ATTACH in brackets.

It will then give you a picture
    Attachment 113

From the FAQ:
    How do I attach a file to a post?

To attach a file to your post, you need to be using the main 'New Post' or 'New Thread' page and not 'Quick Reply'. To use the main 'New Post' page, click the 'Post Reply' button in the relevant thread.

On this page, below the message box, you will find a button labelled 'Manage Attachments'. Clicking this button will open a new window for uploading attachments. You can upload an attachment either from your computer or from another URL by using the appropriate box on this page. Alternatively you can click the Attachment Icon to open this page.

To upload a file from your computer, click the 'Browse' button and locate the file. To upload a file from another URL, enter the full URL for the file in the second box on this page. Once you have completed one of the boxes, click 'Upload'.

Once the upload is completed the file name will appear below the input boxes in this window. You can then close the window to return to the new post screen.

What files types can I use? How large can attachments be?

In the attachment window you will find a list of the allowed file types and their maximum sizes. Files that are larger than these sizes will be rejected. There may also be an overall quota limit to the number of attachments you can post to the board.

How do I add an image to a post?

If you have uploaded an image as an attachment, you can click the arrow next to the 'Attachment Icon' and select it from the list. This will be inserted into your post and can be located where you want it displayed.

To include an image that is not uploaded as an attachment and is located on another website, you can do so by copying the full URL to the image, [[not the page on which the image is located), and either pressing the 'Insert Image' icon or by typing [img] before the URL and [/img] after it, ensuring that you do not have any spaces before or after the URL of the image. You can insert pictures from your albums [[?) in this way too.
    Last edited by Stosh; May-07-09 at 02:20 PM.

Glee - Make sure you click on the paper clip icon again, then click on the drop down box.

Last edited by Bigb23; April-07-09 at 08:11 PM.

Attachment 152
    I feel like I'm cramming for a test or something...

???????????????????????????????
    I'm not sure this is going to be fun. There are othere still posting on the old side of this. It's like being in a parallel universe.

Bentspur, we only have the old forum through Wednesday, might as well get used to the new one.

Page 2 of 432 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 12 52 102 ... LastLast