Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 402 of 432 FirstFirst ... 302 352 392 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 412 ... LastLast
Results 10,026 to 10,050 of 10776

Thread: Garwood Mansion

Learn something new about The Gar Wood all the time with you guys!!!...So Cool...cleaning out the gardens harvest is over )...Starting to get Chilly at night here in the "D"...Hoping we can get the Tigers to the World Series!!!!...Whaler

OG....ya. That was Doug. Incredible talent. Don't know what happened to the bust he did of me. It got swallowed up by the Huron Hotel in Ypsilanti....the last time I saw it, it was sitting on a piano player's Fender Rhodes at a Saturday night gig in the lounge at the hotel. Extremely wild days....Gary Markley, Ruth Hoffman, and my brother Gary were all part of that scene....my pre-Ann Arbor days.

I remember Doug and his family very well....I spent some quality time just talking with him.....I think he lost his job at Ford as a model maker....and some how got hooked up with us......I remember his wife cooking some kick ass meals for us a couple time and his kids were very well behaved.....a real tight family....Stone, hope your contact with them leads to yet another Garwoodian find.....also.....did I read some where that you may have hooked up with Eddie....

Eddie [[supposedly it's Eddie) posted in the "comments" section on John Collier's blogspot. http://collierpics.blogspot.com

Seems odd that if is in fact Eddie, he wouldn't be in contact with you or other members of the band. If he was able to find Colliers blog and photo site, it seems as though it would be nearly impossible to not come across this site or other Garwood sites.

I think it's a ghost writer. Wonder what John Collier thinks.

Curious as to why someone would do that.

Wonder what John's take on poetic license might be.

Quote Originally Posted by gash View Post
    Attachment 188 keep looking....he has to be somewhere.....someone has that little bit of info that will crack the case of the missing drummer
    So what the?

It's about time to start catching Walleye from the park!!!...Trying the Rapalla lure on Sat!!!...Been a while..Whaler
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Nice fish!

The really deep creatures !!!!!...Amazing...Whaler

Whaler, is that recent? Nice walleye. You look..... uh, somewhat younger.

Whaler....where can I get a shirt like that?

That was 1993...Univ Michigan Shirt...My Mom bought it for me still have it...Wore it to quite a few games!!!...Whaler

Just revisited pages 351 & 352. Remarkable John Collier photos. Are you still around? I heard you were run over by a smart bus. Can you confirm that?

Yes Old Guy!!!!...Unreal...The Very Best photo man....I must give John a Call!!!...Whaler

R.I.P. Bob Stone today 6 pm Kississamee Fla...Sad Day!!!..Whaler

Bob played drums in Stonefront from time to time....good guy.

Attachment 21799

The Gar Wooders seemed to have lapsed into a massive bio-rhythmic lull.

Sorry, I've been in a drunken stupor for about a week. WTF's with all the other people. Facebook, schmacebook. I've never been on it so I don't know who's even still around. You'd think people would stop by here once in a while to say hello, I'm still alive. This is where it all started after all.I don't get it. On the other hand, I don't get a lot of things.

By the way, sorry to hear about Bob Stone. He was a good shit.
    Last edited by old guy; November-03-13 at 11:10 PM.

Hey Old Guy!!!!...Hey Stone!!!...Talked to Det313grrll yesterday...She brightened my day!!!...Heard JC was in Europe...I stop by everyday...Also like some of the other topics on DetYes...Some of the threads not as nice as this one haha....Whaler

Tried to call Dgrrrrl today........got Joe Montana's voice-mail.....she IS a special kind of gal!