Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 364 of 432 FirstFirst ... 264 314 354 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 374 414 ... LastLast
Results 9,076 to 9,100 of 10776

Thread: Garwood Mansion

4 string, try this one on for size. Fieldy, the bass player from Korn & his 15 string bass. It's a triple 5 string.
    Attachment 9009

nuther one
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ctvH8iRxXzQ

.....don't you need, like, five hands to play that thing....?

......all star "Tsunami Relief" telethon coming soon to your local network.......?

Last edited by stnfrnt; March-11-11 at 10:47 AM.

stn: Are you going to get a wave?
    Where do you want me to send my check

Bentspur......everybody here at the home is waxing up their ironing boards.....you know....catch a wave and you're sittin' on top of the world......

Hey Stone... I was on this site the other day..I found a Handbill with Stonefront playing the Grande...Sorry I screwed up and did not copy it...Check it out..Peace..Whaler

http://www.motorcitymusicarchives.com/

....thanks, whaler...i think i had this somewhere in a file....now it's new.....

Attachment 9040

Ruth says this photo was taken at the Grande...had to be the above mentioned gig

Attachment 9041

Stn whats the scene at the Long Beach marina...I know you been down there...

interesting how one report says the biggest earthquake ever in Japan and another the fifth biggest...
    and, why the f do they put all those nuke reactors right on the shoreline along the "Ring of Fire" ?

don't feel you need to answer...I'm just venting

hey larry
    I am sure that photo wasn't taken at the Grande - did you ever play at Cobo hall? You gave me this photo years ago when I lived on Morgan road.

hey ruth....you're absolutely right....that's the toledo sports arena....black sabboth, head hands and feet, stonefront.....it was a million degrees in there....

gleeman......nothing in long beach....redondo beach harbor had a 7 ft. surge, but it was gradual...no damage, but they have 70 tons of dead sardines to deal with there......nothing to do with tsunami...a few days before the quake, millions of sardines swam into king harbor marina [[where i lived on my boats for 13 years) and died because of a lack of oxygenated water....breakwaters and harbors don't allow for a natural "turnover" of water, so all these little sardines swam up into the harbor and basically suffocated.....MAJOR stink....check out this link....gash will recognize this......

http://lang.dailybreeze.com/photos/p...=1187239&num=2

gash....this was not a red tide.....whole different phenomenan....

nuke plants are built close to large bodies of water, e.g. oceans, so the water can be pumped in to cool the reactors....the problem is when major events like the quake happen, the power for the pumps gets cut off......then it's deep bandini time, bro.....

G-zus ! looks like shark heaven ...

that was Toledo? - I don't remember the heat, but I do remember how loud BlackSabbath was ...
    my ears still ringin'

Can someone post photos of what the interior of the mansion looked like before its demise. I know that there was a concert grand piano that ended up in the canal. I believe it would be very interesting to all the curious to see how much furniture was left by Gar Wood when he left for Florida.

nick1894....John Collier, "photo-journalist supreme", has a web site that shows the mansion before and after the Outlaws visited us.....I'll dig around and see what's in my files....

http://www.collierpics.blogspot.com/...9303a091bff4bf

Welcome aboard

Thanks stnfrnt...I appreciate the favor....

nick1894
    There were two great chairs in one of the photos of the whole family sitting in the front of the house...I have one of them - am looking at it as I write. It's been with me since about 1973.

Didn't we dub that one - Kendra's chair?

yep - that was princess Kendra's throne at the last reunion.

Default Toledo Spots Areana Show

Name:  toledo.jpg
Views: 492
Size:  7.7 KB

I really remember this show. Hot was not the word!!! In the middle of "tribal gathering", I turned around to look at Eddie. He was fixin to pass out and didn't even know it! Even though my main amp was on the fritz and the Black Sabboth crew would not let me use theirs, I had to use my little practice/ tuneup amp and mike it through the overhead system.. Even with all of these issues, it was one of the best shows we ever did!!!
    FYI... Ozzie and the boys would not come on stage untill it got cool enough for them!
    They got BOOED by the croud when they finally took the stage!! Whats up with that!
    Rock On!!

Attachment 9048

a chair from the past

4string...I also remember Carl Sonnenberg and Dave Karas busting their ass to get things to work....absolutely great guys under pressure....I think we still owe them for that gig....I believe Vic Ogrodnick was up there too, along with John Macina [[?)......

Owsley died yesterday. A car accident in Australia.

eastown punk...r.i.p. owsley.....the guy made a pretty big splash......

Owsley's Best...RIP "Bear"...Great Photo of the Toledo Sports Arena...Peace...Whaler

Hi Gleeman, here's a brass strat-like bridge

http://cgi.ebay.com/New-Charvel-NOS-...item20b76e8c6a