Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 362 of 432 FirstFirst ... 262 312 352 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 372 412 ... LastLast
Results 9,026 to 9,050 of 10776

Thread: Garwood Mansion

Scenes from the aforementioned "hootch".ATTACH]8888[/ATTACH]
    Attachment 8887

Gleeman.....outstanding graphics.....I don't have some of those Leadville photos [[hint)...

Ruth....only the guys in Leadville Feed, Seed and Bag Co. and a few dudes who hung with the "band"....those are 'good memories'....forget the rest....Markley had a few MP buddies that were pretty whacko, as I recall....I mean...a pet white rabbit in the MP enlisted man's club...???...how cool is that?!!

i dont have those training photos either...

Ruth...I'm learning songs and doing art so probably not...and everybody else is sorta incommunicado

Gleeman.....that gig at the II Field Forces Amphitheater in Long Binh is the best gig I ever played. How the hell did we pull that off?

thats a statement...I don't know who scored that gig, but I will always remember that one too... and NO photos... we had some good songs-THAt's how we pulled it off...Sky Pilot...and, Rain by the Beatles...Light My Fire... what else

Hi Larry,
    I use Sonar for recording music. I only know a little of its features, but enough to do what I need.

And sure, feel free to add anything to any of my songs. You will probably find my rhythm kind of choppy. Concerning the swtiches for your tele, yes, buying quality is always better. Usually the difference in price between cheap and quality is so little that there is no reason to cheap out.

Default Pals

I remember riding around Pontiac with Joe Ford and we saw that "Leadville Feed,Seed & Bag" were on the marquee in front of the Firebird Lounge...we wondered what kind of country band would be playing there...Boy, were we surprised...
    Funny how all this turned out.

Greyhat - was LFS&Bag the name of the band in Pontiac with Bob S and Rick S. ? ...I never knew that- I thought it was always Stonefront...

Gleeman....I vaguely remember, now, that it was originally LFS&B Co. [[re: photo) that played 5-6 nights a week at the infamous Firebird Lanes Bowling Emporium and Extravaganza. It got promoted to Stonefront when Jeep came in replacing Rick's little brother, Joe, on drums. Rick got all pissed off and didn't want to hear about it, even though I wanted Joe to stay on, not only as a 2nd drummer, but he was a KICK ASS keyboard player [[I think he had a B3 at his house). Anyway, everything morphed into the band that eventually became Stonefront..........
    ...v1.0..v1.5...v2.3...v.4.3...v5.6...v5.9....v6.1 ...v6.3.....and yes...those numbers happen to coincide with the Richter Scale measurements of some of the earthquakes I've lived through.

Attachment 8893

Joe Stockwell [[drums), me [[guitar), Rick Stockwell [[guitar), Joe Ford [[bass), Bob Stayton [[guitar).....EVERYBODY SANG...even Stayton,,a little..

I nevr would have guessed thats Joe Ford..

A Tokyo market set a new record last month, selling a tuna for $396,000. The giant bluefin weighed 754 pounds, but the species is endangered -- like the largest ocean animal of all, the blue whale.

go figure......

Default Pals

Great photo...Joe was sans beard while playing with " Felix "...I hardly recognized him when I bumped into him @ EMU...Good stuff Big Guy...

Hey!.......here's an old photo of one of our roadies doing a Stonefront soundcheck....

Good Day All Ya'll, Remember the quotes? I decided to let more time lapse in between and wait for
    the best to bring them up.
    Richard Baxter writes, "O what a blessed day that will be when I shall ... stand on the shore and look back on the raging seas I have safely passed; when I shall review my pains and sorrows, my fears and tears, and possess the glory which was end of all!"

Garwoodians
    I just listened to a few tunes on the "Stonefront Garwood Years" site and the music blew me away!! If I had to describe it I would say it was like "Quick Sliver Messenger Service" Only Ten Times Better!!!!. Solid groove. I have a slight connection to the mansion being that my Grandmother grew up in the mansion across the canal from Garwood back in the 20's and 30's, her maiden name was Koerber. I used to hang out at the Garwood site long after you all split when I was a teenager in the late 70's early 80's and now I know why the place had such good Karma. Keep up the effort to keep the music alive you now have a new fan.

EASTSIDE CAT 67-83........mucho appreciado on your comments.......anyone else who might not have seen what EASTSIDE is talking about can click on this link....or paste it...or whatever....

.http://www.stonefrontgarwoodyears.com/default2.asp

Your welcome, I'm also looking forward to the full release video, IMHO I think the story is far more interesting and entertaining than Almost Famous. For those brief few years the moon and the stars certainly did align at the Garwood
    Be Cool

Wow, that site and the musc are amazing. The documentary trailer is amazing.

Hey OG....what's with all those Wisconsin Democrats hiding out in Rockford, IL, of all places? I never found the place that attractive. Are you going to the big party in Madison? Maybe Cheap Trick will do a benefit concert.....

AND Ruth......I understand you have a few renegade Indiana Democrats holed up there in Champaign....what the hell is it about Illinois that draws these people there....come to think of it, if you really wanted to learn corruption in government, Illinois is the hands down state to go and observe....maybe take a few notes.....sort of a work experience type program....learn from the best.....

My Postcard Documentary airs tomorrow at 7:30 and 10:30 on wtvs.....PLEASE WATCH IT

iM ALL GEEKED

LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK OF IT

[AThttp://www.detroityes.com/mb/images/attach/jpg.gifTACH]8911[/ATTACH]
    Attached Images Attached Images  

post-it-note.....

Attachment 8917

Lady Antebellum.....Hello World.....WOW!......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5HXw3EIQoZk

might come in handy for "rat-racers"

Just finished watching John's Postcard doc -- very enjoyable and informative. I especially liked the early photo history of Detroit, and John's especially lively reading of the narrative voice over! Do some more documentaries we can all enjoy!! Also, a tip of the hat for getting it shown on National Public Television!

CONGRATULATIONS JOHN COLLIER!!!
    great job. I'm proud to know ya'

yah, John on TV...you GO, boy...