Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 360 of 432 FirstFirst ... 260 310 350 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 370 410 ... LastLast
Results 8,976 to 9,000 of 10776

Thread: Garwood Mansion

actually, it was a Swan...vid shot by friend Dave...I'm in the red kayak way away...

that wasn't a legandary "long neck goose"....?.........ya' know...make you feel real loose?.....;kluhj
    Last edited by stnfrnt; February-14-11 at 07:05 PM. Reason: oiyug

...oh baby thatsa what I Like.....

I haven't been able to open the "Garwood Mansion" thread for a while for reasons unknown. I just now made a few random edits to my profile and voila I could suddenly open it again??? Anyway, Stfrnt glad to hear about the VN coeds but don't get yourself arrested!

Candyman, I had more or less the same event about 12 years ago - heart attack, couple of blocked arteries, couple of stents, etc. I've never had any problems since, but watch the saturated fats. They also say exercise is good, and red wine. I wouldn't know about the former, but I never stopped indulging in alcohol and it seems to have done no harm. Also, you probably shouldn't smoke too many cigarettes. Other than that there's no doubt you will be fine! Read Ray Kurzweil. He's a technologist who goes around predicting very long life spans for those that can make it another 20 years or so when bio-technology kicks in in a big way. Whaler - jai satchitanand! Skipper, I'll see you at the Hamtramck "Blow Out", I see you've got some bands scheduled again this year.

dkbradley....you had us worried...great to hear from you finally...dust off your congas, bro, because if I ever get off my fat ass, I'll be sending out some new song demos...lots of percussion oriented stuff...not sure about a reunion this year, but little bro and I will be leading a group of old hippies that are planning to capture and occupy Markley's lakefront property sometime in the near future...can we count on your support?....I really got stoked when we all hooked up [[Mark Swanberg included) in Nashville...just wasn't enough time....Markley just keeps getting better [[he could play in any hot band in Detroit if he wanted) and little bro is picking up my slack like a true Nashville cat, so there is some real nice stuff forthcoming...throw in Dave Picard and get HiWatt an electric kidney [[I think Apple has an app for that) and...well...you know what I mean...............

DK forgot to throw in his real 'secret'. Dancing! DK's a dancing fool. You oughtta se him doing the rhumba, the cha cha, the mambo. Especially when he's on the dance floor at Cafe Habana in A2 with his chosen dance partners. Ooh, la, la. I happened upon him shaking a leg or three at Habana one night a couple summers ago. It's no wonder we don't hear from him. I'd have difficulty separating myself from those dance partners too.

Where is the Markley lakefront property? I might be able to make it. Vis a vis 1KD's comment - that was the old me, I've reformed now [[heh heh)!

1K DK has nothing on Stnft and me when it comes to dancing....we can do all those dances and more and not even leave the chair....It's a mental thing....There is something to that old adage...TRIP a light fantastic..........

DK..I'm talking Torch Lake..or West Torch Lake....P.S. I won "Best Bar Stool Dancer" 4 years running down at the Hermosa Saloon...then I got 86'ed...ended a brilliant career....

Attachment 8849
    Quote Originally Posted by gash View Post
    1K DK has nothing on Stnft and me when it comes to dancing....we can do all those dances and more and not even leave the chair....It's a mental thing....There is something to that old adage...TRIP a light fantastic..........

He's not kidding!

love those shoes....they're my "dancin' shoes" from the old country...........

stn's wrong about that one... my rentals are rented to people ...after June 10th thru mid-Sept .. and I'll probably be recovering from some surgery before that ... as much as I'd like to offer that out ...I can't ... if there are questions - call me...
    Last edited by Gleeman; February-16-11 at 02:45 PM.

how bout early June ...Torch Lake MI -anywhere between June 1 and 12. then there WILL be room ... ...boats
    big lakes and rivers
    fish
    guitars, banjo, percussion June 9, 10, 11, 12 is Thurs Fri Sat Sun is before the rent season
    Last edited by Gleeman; February-17-11 at 12:09 AM. Reason: space is place

my birthday is june 9th....i'll be 4

you'll be 4 what ? not nancy pelosi..I know that ...

spend it at T Lake with your brother

,,,[[here on page 360)...HiWaTt...if in the surfing mood...Pipeline in E minor...and WipeOut in C

saw the "It might get Loud" doc on cable last night.. wow ...I'd seen bad reviews about it -that says something about critics-they suk ..
    .Page, Edge, WhiteStripe ...Stn and Blind Ricky- they do an open tuned slide thing that you should see... [[I'll be learning that one)... and just hearing Jimmy talk for the first time is pretty cool...

gleeman....i forgot the 6....it goes in front of the 4....yup.....that's where it goes...........

I have watched excerpts from "It Might Get Loud" on Youtube. I would really like to see the movie some time.

I just bought a 3 string cigar box guitar. Actually, it was a 4 string but I took off a string. I have it tuned DAD. It sounds like a dumb thing to do but that is a real fun tuning. I temporarily played with DAE. You would expect that to sound discordant, but it instead sounds like a nostalgic Smokey Mountains sort of sound.

Before that, I was tuned a guitar to open G, took off the lowest pitched string, and played the riffs that Keith Richards has made a living off of for the last 30 years. Index accross the open chord, and then you put just two fingers above the bar chord. It's real easy, but I can't explain it, but if you search google with "Keith Richards open G " you will find it. This is the sound from "Brown Sugar", "You Start Me Up" etc.

Of course, I have not mastered any of this, I am just wandering into this newest stuff myself. [[Although I am writing the newest never heard before Rolling Stones song "Desolation Angel". That is, I am stealing Keiths riffs, and even some melody. [[I normally don't borrow melodies.))

I love open tunings for blues because they have a certain modal wailing tone to them, that I probably cannot really explain.

It is amazing what a big sound you can get with less strings. Of course, you can add more strings and get the same sound, but you can consider it training wheels for your fingers, by taking the strings off.

Someday I'll look at banjo music because that's open tuning playing too. Another whole continent to wander in.

Rick -I play slide in G by just tuning down [[concert reg guitar tuning) the high E string a whole step [[to a "D")....forget about the other strings...that way you can still chord the bass strings normally in a rock or blues tune, but don't hit the tuned down string all the time. I have to get another banjo so I can leave one in D-modal ..the tuning that the fiddle player showed me that night we played is very cool and dark. But also play guitar in open E, G, and D...I'll check out the KRichards tuning..but Brown Sugar is regular guitar tuning ...o.k. Ricky...The B Sugar can be played in that open G...by the way..Keith got that G tune from Ry Cooder...real easy ta play slide in and fret in...
    Last edited by Gleeman; February-17-11 at 01:34 PM.

Hey Ya'All..Been a while....Dk...You da Man...Maybe I will see you at the Blowout...1kd hope all is good..Gleeman and Stn...Keep Rockin....Nr 24 Det Tigers started the season out Great....Why Miggy Why...Hope all FOG's are Kicken em out...Ruth sorry I missed your B-Day...Just saw the New Trailer for " Louder Than Love"...Ruth you are all over it..Good talk about the Grande....Peace...Whaler

Rick.....I was using that KR thing in Stonefront, but I never got it from him....I just found it...I think Jesse Davis might have caught my ear with it on Doctor My Eyes. I sent you 7 Toed Cat..the first 1/3 of the song is based on that chord/selected string playing structure...and you might pay special attention to Mark Swanberg's [[a.k.a. 4string) bass playing....the guy just plays incredible stuff...my favorite bass player...no clutter...power melody riffs....keeps it real......Eddie shines on this one too....hell, everybody hits it out of the park.....
    Last edited by stnfrnt; February-17-11 at 02:29 PM. Reason: striving for grammatical perfection

hi Whaler
    Do you have a link to the new Grande trailer? i haven't seen it

Quote Originally Posted by ruth View Post
    hi Whaler
    Do you have a link to the new Grande trailer? i haven't seen it
    aloha lost the gw thread glad I could find it took a while just saw the grande trailer great, also saw the movie film here "Just Go With It very funny, and alot of it filmed here in Maui, the Cruise in the carrib was good the Carnival made to food so ONO *GOOD* Hope all of you are fine and well LUV Rona nd Ken

Quote Originally Posted by Gleeman View Post
    how bout early June ...Torch Lake MI -anywhere between June 1 and 12. then there WILL be room ... ...boats
    big lakes and rivers
    fish
    guitars, banjo, percussion June 9, 10, 11, 12 is Thurs Fri Sat Sun is before the rent season
    How is the response on this camp out? are you planning on 12 or more folks? sounds good to me rr