Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 422 of 432 FirstFirst ... 322 372 412 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 ... LastLast
Results 10,526 to 10,550 of 10776

Thread: Garwood Mansion

I was going through a batch of John Collier photographs...

Name:  car in snow .jpg
Views: 1542
Size:  105.3 KB

Name:  natalie e close.jpg
Views: 1501
Size:  88.5 KB

Name:  john collier and eddie s .jpg
Views: 1842
Size:  105.7 KB

Name:  larry performing and playing.jpg
Views: 1359
Size:  48.5 KB

think I'll dig out a few more.

Rock on D-grrl! I think I'll dig out something Gary Markley did a few years ago.

Name:  markley's dgrrl.jpg
Views: 1324
Size:  30.9 KB

Name:  john collier.jpg
Views: 1299
Size:  59.7 KB

Name:  david and roslyn.jpg
Views: 1329
Size:  104.1 KB

Name:  kid on the river.jpg
Views: 1474
Size:  110.0 KB

Name:  backyard.jpg
Views: 1423
Size:  150.6 KB

Name:  gwood front and four cars.jpg
Views: 2947
Size:  115.4 KB

Name:  ballroom .jpg
Views: 1613
Size:  103.0 KB

Name:  fire in the ballroom .jpg
Views: 1421
Size:  104.7 KB

Name:  stonefront practice ballroom.jpg
Views: 2032
Size:  115.7 KB

Name:  peat in backyard .jpg
Views: 1306
Size:  106.6 KB

Name:  statue in back horzontal .jpg
Views: 1349
Size:  102.7 KB

Name:  exterior from water .jpg
Views: 3346
Size:  139.1 KB

Name:  clips a.jpg
Views: 1287
Size:  60.5 KB

Thank you, John Collier, for being there!

Cool, that's 2000 views since my last post...

Love the photo of Rex, the wonder dog. That was Gus's dog. About 5 years after that photo, Gus and I were living in Wisconsin doing concerts. We left for the day for work and when we got back home, someone had shot him and my dog. Rex was the friendliest dog I ever knew. We drank about a bottle and a half of Jack that night.

"Rex- The Wonder Dog". I didn't know he was shot. Keep them coming sweetheart. Every picture tells a story, and sometimes I can even remember some of them........like the time Bush Mark dove to the bottom of that ice cold swimming pool in the basement to collect all those coins that people had tossed into the deep end so he could go buy some dog food for "the pack" that was hanging around the mansion. How about that? Some of that old hippie peace, love, and harmony for the dogs.
    Last edited by stnfrnt; September-06-15 at 05:26 PM.

Fascinating! This is the first time I have seen many of those pictures.

One of my faves...........

Attachment 27962
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by stnfrnt; September-08-15 at 04:38 PM.

The band was rockin' it in the ballroom..............that's for sure.................all 3 of us.

Great Photos!!!... John Collier blows my mind!!!... !!!!... Whaler

John does that to a lot of people...................he's brilliant, if ya' ask me. Kinda' whacky sometimes, but brilliant none-the-less.

a few more John Collier photographs...

Name:  group in ballroom .jpg
Views: 1577
Size:  81.0 KB

Name:  garwood party bedroom .jpg
Views: 1678
Size:  109.4 KB

Name:  residents of garwood talk among themselves.jpg
Views: 1349
Size:  63.0 KB

Name:  dineing room .jpg
Views: 1379
Size:  118.5 KB

Quote Originally Posted by det313grrl View Post
    Cool clip. Who was responsible for getting you guys on the national news?

Eugene Skuratowicz is the guy who got NBC to come down and film us for the NBC Nightly News. He was Stonefront's manager, and he also took over the duties of running the mansion from me so I could concentrate on the music. Mark Hoover was the guy who got all those monster parties with the big-time rock stars rockin' 'n rollin' in the ballroom after their paid gigs at the Grande or the Eastown, but it was Eugene who really put the place on the map. He's also the guy that talked John Collier into coming down and taking a look at the place and the people who lived there. John talks about that in the Stonefront/Garwood mansion documentary. He tells the story of how Eugene came down to the Detroit Free Press and somehow hooked up with John and started explaining to him what was going on down at the mansion. John's first reaction [[and rightfully so) was along the lines of after 10 years of press photography he had seen everything and done everything that could be done with the camera; that is until he walked into the front door of the Garwood mansion. The rest is history, and if it hadn't been for Eugene Scuratowicz there would be no John Collier photographs, and there would be no documentary film. There still would have been Stonefront music, but Eugene took that the place to another level.

Quote Originally Posted by stnfrnt View Post
    Eugene Skuratowicz is the guy who got NBC to come down and film us for the NBC Nightly News. He was Stonefront's manager, and he also took over the duties of running the mansion from me so I could concentrate on the music. Mark Hoover was the guy who got all those monster parties with the big-time rock stars rockin' 'n rollin' in the ballroom after their paid gigs at the Grande or the Eastown, but it was Eugene who really put the place on the map. He's also the guy that talked John Collier into coming down and taking a look at the place and the people who lived there. John talks about that in the Stonefront/Garwood mansion documentary. He tells the story of how Eugene came down to the Detroit Free Press and somehow hooked up with John and started explaining to him what was going on down at the mansion. John's first reaction [[and rightfully so) was along the lines of after 10 years of press photography he had seen everything and done everything that could be done with the camera; that is until he walked into the front door of the Garwood mansion. The rest is history, and if it hadn't been for Eugene Scuratowicz there would be no John Collier photographs, and there would be no documentary film. There still would have been Stonefront music, but Eugene took that the place to another level.
    A gem of a post for posterity. That was really important to get that on the record.

Not many people knew that. Eugene was kinda' always in the background-always doing these super things, but he never liked the spotlight. He was and is a fascinating character and a huge player in the Stonefront/Garwood mansion saga. He deserves a whole lot of credit that he doesn't want.

Quote Originally Posted by stnfrnt View Post
    Not many people knew that. Eugene was kinda' always in the background-always doing these super things, but he never liked the spotlight. He was and is a fascinating character and a huge player in the Stonefront/Garwood mansion saga. He deserves a whole lot of credit that he doesn't want.

The man!

Name:  record ny Larry on curb a.jpg
Views: 1188
Size:  83.7 KB

Name:  eugene and rolls royce .jpg
Views: 1399
Size:  135.0 KB

Name:  eugene at garwood party laughing.jpg
Views: 1650
Size:  77.4 KB

Name:  eugene and wine and woman.jpg
Views: 1308
Size:  158.1 KB

Thanks Dgirl,313 etc. Great photos. You must have an inside line with Mr. Collier. Love it.

We need a book. It's there right. Hell, I've probably only got 3 or 4 days left. Can we get it on the shelves that fast. I'd appreciate it.

Your friend, Bmark.

Hey Bmark.......... can I have all your tools and your fishing gear? You might want to get on that right away and ship them out here to me........... like tomorrow...... before it's too late.

More great Photos from the Amazing John Collier!!!... Thanks Det313grrrl!!!... You do have a great collection..I did see Rona and Ken on Tuesday had a nice time... There is a get together at Goodfellas Lounge Sunday [[8 mile and Harper) 2 pm kind of last minute after Old Miami fell thru.. I got a new phone and lost most of my numbers... Det313 call or text me!!!... Whaler

Attachment 28150

Whoops, wrong thread.

Liar! .............