Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Thread: Garwood Mansion

Threaded View

old guy.......back at you with the new year wishes..........i touch base with neil or penny every once in a while......i'll give them a shout out for you.........the winter is a bit milder so far, but it was only last year that we survived some -50° wind chill stuff, and i'm a california guy at heart so it was tough for me.....

Harry Boulier is playing in a cover band up there in Michigan, and Gary Markley sold all his property in Detroit and moved up to Torch Lake. Our dear Ruth retired, and she and her husband bought a house up in Ann Arbor, so she basically went back home. John Collier pops up every once in a while, and seems to enjoy growing and photographing his orchids and bromeliads. My favorite Fender bass guitar player in the whole world, Mark Swanberg, damn near died last Christmas from sepsis. After a year of surgeries and recovery in Nashville where his daughter lives, he's back home in Tupelo, Mississippi, having a cup of coffee with Elvis. I'm still writing and recording in my own little studio, so the rock 'n roll will never die in this household.

If you'll get your snail mail address to me, I'll send you a flash drive with a copy of the ill fated movie/documentary Stonefront: The Garwood Years put on there. It never really got finished, and I think it needs a narrative laid over the top of it, but it is what it is, and it's pretty enjoyable if you ask me.

I'll leave you now with a photograph of some of your old buddies…… Check with you later.

Name:  bikers on steps .jpg
Views: 1367
Size:  169.0 KB
    Last edited by stnfrnt; January-01-20 at 11:25 AM.