Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Senior Revolts Against Early Big Brother Deployment

http://www.myfoxphoenix.com/dpp/news...er_shot_041909

Seems this fellow was just sick of getting photo-radar tickets?!

That's how they do things in Phoenix?! Making us look good in the D.

Yes, those cameras are very unpopular down there. There are a lot of angry people in Phoenix. I lived right next to that freeway.

Now how much easier would it be to simply drive the speed limit and start the trips a bit earlier? That 68-year-old's life is over now.

Regardless of how unpopular they are, the guy would have to be pretty unbalanced in the first place to [[allegedly) commit such an act. Big Brother may or may not be out there, but it's unlikely Big Brother is the guy getting paid to drive the radar van around.

Yeah, no kidding. Guy was on the phone talking with his wife at the time.

High-risk, like the meter thugs in Chicago.

I guess its still the wild wild west out there.

Where are the right-wingers to tell us that Mr. Destories was just exercising his Second Amendment rights to defend his freedom?

Phoenix is now being called the kidnapping capital of the United States. I'm glad I escaped when I did. The infrastructure was cracking at the seams before I left and I was told there was a thriving meth market in my own neighborhood.

I think their biggest root problem is simply anger. It's not natural or healthy for there to be that many angry people in a community. Especially puzzling is why there were so many angry "Christians" there. That seems an oxymoron to me but their bumperstickers don't lie.

Here's one of many articles about the kidnapping problem: Phoenix, kidnap-for-ransom capital.

ccbatson Guest

Driving is a privilege, not a right.

That said, I don't like the methods used either...even though technically legitimate, the slippery slope applications are concerning.