Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Michigan Guest

Default "Glee" in Detroit

I know that this is a long shot, but couldn't we get Glee to shoot an episode in the D? It takes place in Ohio so it would fit the story line. WOth all the heavy hitters in town, someone must have a connection that we could petition in order to get this idea in the producer's head.

Think about a Motown episode shot in Motown! Let's do this!

Michigan Guest

Really- no one thinks this could work?

Who cares?

Michigan Guest

Quote Originally Posted by gumby View Post
    Who cares?
    I do! And I would think taht any Detroit booster would as well. What an opportunity to focus on the positive of this city. The Glee kids come to the D for a competition at Cass Tech [[nice image for the world to see) and they are inspired by the Rivefront, Hitsville, A Tiger's game, et cetera. That would be a coup for the city. I don't see why we should not pursue it.

---crickets---

Quote Originally Posted by Michigan View Post
    The Glee kids come to the D for a competition at Cass Tech [[nice image for the world to see) and they are inspired by the Rivefront, Hitsville, A Tiger's game, et cetera. That would be a coup for the city. I don't see why we should not pursue it.

WTF? Or the Glee kids get strip searched at Metro, their luggage gets stolen and their bus breaks down while they are lost in the deep hood and they have to sing their way back to civilization.

And since it's on Fox maybe the chick from Bones could come in to reconstruct the crime scene. Yeah we should definitely pursue this.

Glee is a TV show. TV shows are filmed on sets in Los Angeles, not in Ohio. Petitions only work to get people or acts on a ballot. I doubt many High School kids from some rural town in Ohio dream of coming to Detroit to sing and dance in front of derilict buildings [[have you seen Cass Tech lately!?!). They would be much more receptive to Cleveland [[home of Rock and Roll hall of fame and the Indians) than the motown museum and Comerica Park!
    Last edited by DetroitPlanner; April-14-10 at 11:30 AM.

The kids sing the national anthem at a Wings playoff game. After the game begins, one of them gets struck in the throat by a wayaward Datsyk slapshot. House appears and saves the kids vocal chords.

Wings win 5-2...Zetterberg with a hat trick.

DC48080 Guest

Don't get all worked up over this folks. This is just more of your typical pie in the sky Pollyanna DetroitYes talk.

Nothing will come of this. Nothing to get all worked up over one way or the other.

EastSider Guest

The Glee kids come to the D for a competition at Cass Tech [[nice image for the world to see) and they are inspired by the Rivefront, Hitsville, A Tiger's game, et cetera.
    We could do a mash-up of 'Glee' and 'Lost,' with a bit of 'Lord of the Flies' thrown in for the literary set. The kids sing, win the competition. On the way back, the driver turns the wrong way, and the bus breaks down in the middle of the east side prairie. The trophy the kids just won stands in for the conch shell in 'LOTF.' We could even tie in Jimmy Hoffa somehow, too, I bet.

Michigan Guest

Please- New Cass Tech building? Not impressive? Please.

I don't get the negativity on this board sometimes. This can be done. Like no other tv show ever shot on location before.

I think this is a good idea, sorry that all the suburban no-can-doers will do anything to hold Detroit back. I suppose if I had said Grosse Pointe and Cranwell then you all would have been psyched. "Maybe I'll meet Rachel out in Royal Oak!" Too bad you are all so afraid of this city, you are missing out on the spice that makes life enjoyable.

Please- New Cass Tech building? Not impressive? Please.
    It will not be impressive as long as it has its embarassing 90 yard football field and that embarassment standing next to it [[the old Cass Tech)! Incidentally I have lived within the City limits my entire life. Regardless you don't have to be a City resident to see that this idea is nonsensical. You can film the inside of Cass Tech in any sound stage in LA, no one would know that it is not Detroit. You can't film the outside of Cass without getting that rotten hulk of embarassment out of the picture. Why would they come to Detroit when they could go to Cleveland?
    Last edited by DetroitPlanner; April-14-10 at 01:50 PM.

Michigan Guest

Quote Originally Posted by DetroitPlanner View Post
    It will not be impressive as long as it has its embarassing 90 yard football field and that embarassment standing next to it [[the old Cass Tech)! Incidentally I have lived within the City limits my entire life. Regardless you don't have to be a City resident to see that this idea is nonsensical. You can film the inside of Cass Tech in any sound stage in LA, no one would know that it is not Detroit. You can't film the outside of Cass without getting that rotten hulk of embarassment out of the picture. Why would they come to Detroit when they could go to Cleveland?
    Because Cleveland is NOT Motown. Because Cleveland is not the home of the White Stripes. If the White Stripes were interested in a guest appearance this could easily happen. So it is not nonsensical.

You probably live in Palmer Woods, which isn't really Detroit anyway.

Because Cleveland is NOT Motown. Because Cleveland is not the home of the White Stripes. If the White Stripes were interested in a guest appearance this could easily happen. So it is not nonsensical.

You probably live in Palmer Woods, which isn't really Detroit anyway.
    Sorry I've only lived in Franklin Park, Warrendale, and Rouge. I'd love to live in Palmer Woods, can't afford the taxes. Yeah I'm sure that Jack White is clamouring to sing with the kids of Glee! Maybe we can get Aretha, Bob Seger, Iggy Pop, Smokey, George Clinton, and Ted Nugent too! I'd think the best you could get would be that chick who sings the National Anthem at Wings games. Cleveland is much more endearing to Ohio kids than Detroit would ever be, might as well send the Glee kids to New York's Broadway or to be on American Idol.
    Last edited by DetroitPlanner; April-14-10 at 02:09 PM.

Michigan Guest

I hope you are not planning for Detroit, Detroitplanner, because you have a terrible attitude towards the city.

You have no idea what you are talking about, I doubt that you even watch the show.

I hope you are not planning for Detroit, Detroitplanner, because you have a terrible attitude towards the city.

You have no idea what you are talking about, I doubt that you even watch the show.
    Yes you got me pegged. Maybe if I loved the City more, like yourself or Kwame Kilpatrick I would be a better person. I am an idiot. Its a wonder I can type.
    Last edited by DetroitPlanner; April-14-10 at 02:34 PM.

Not nonsensical? Tell me what you are smoking and where I can get some. I can only imagine you sitting at home with 47 cats and a box of chardonnay watching Glee when this epiphany came to you.

"Gosh, wouldn't it be just great if the kids from Glee came over and Jack and Meg White were there too, and maybe the whole gang from The Office, and we could all play Pictionary and . . . "

Michigan Guest

Quote Originally Posted by menckensghost View Post
    Not nonsensical? Tell me what you are smoking and where I can get some. I can only imagine you sitting at home with 47 cats and a box of chardonnay watching Glee when this epiphany came to you.

"Gosh, wouldn't it be just great if the kids from Glee came over and Jack and Meg White were there too, and maybe the whole gang from The Office, and we could all play Pictionary and . . . "

uhh- Glee is on Fox, The Office is on NBC, duuhh.

And Pictionary, are you kidding. As if.....

You guys can not see the forest for the trees.

You're nuts.

Notice there is no denial of having 47 cats or drinking chardonay by the box, just an attack.

Ok, as nice as it would be, I don't think this would happen at all. But I don't understand why some people on this forum get their rocks off just being rude and bitchy toward anyone with a [[however unlikely) dream. It's ok to tell the OP that it's not gonna happen, it's another to just be an unhelpful, depressing ass in the process. If you need to let off steam, go for a run, don't mash the keys on your keyboard.

Quote Originally Posted by choquant View Post
    Ok, as nice as it would be, I don't think this would happen at all. But I don't understand why some people on this forum get their rocks off just being rude and bitchy toward anyone with a [[however unlikely) dream. It's ok to tell the OP that it's not gonna happen, it's another to just be an unhelpful, depressing ass in the process. If you need to let off steam, go for a run, don't mash the keys on your keyboard.
    Please. Some ideas are ripe for sarcasm and this one screams for it.

Part of me still thinks that the OP might have been kidding when he or she created this thread.

This thread was dead before it began.

Michigan, one of my first posts here was about how Detroit should have a monument that could be seen from Windsor and Belle Isle like a Statue of Liberty or a Gateway Arch. Lesson learned never to talk about half-baked ideas. Sorry, but it's the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by dtowncitylover View Post

Michigan, one of my first posts here was about how Detroit should have a monument that could be seen from Windsor and Belle Isle like a Statue of Liberty or a Gateway Arch. Lesson learned never to talk about half-baked ideas. Sorry, but it's the truth.
    Now THAT's a good idea!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast