Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Help Send Golightly Students To Science Camp!!!

Overview

Do you have vivid memories of a camping experience? Most of my students do not! I hope to bring the science classroom to life, while fostering a cooperative attitude and a respect for nature.
    We are planning a camping experience for my students. The trip will allow the kids to learn science in the great outdoors. Students will meet academic and affective goals by participating in activities that encourage a respect for the earth. They will actively participate in courses in astronomy, raptors, nature studies, and more. The courses will be taught by camp staff, myself, as well as by parents who will be trained in the targeted topics.
    I am very excited about the potential to share this opportunity with my students. Most of my students cannot afford this experience without your help. Your vote can make it happen! Please make this dream come true!
    http://www.refresheverything.com/golightly

All you have to do is vote for them and Pepsi will handle the rest. They're currently ranked 2nd. The 1st place winner will receive $5,000 and that's just enough to help 5th & 6th grade students at Golightly Elementary receive a fundamental out of school experience! Get as many people to vote as many times as they can. The deadline is April 30th.

We successfully made just as strong as an effort when Colgate-Palmolive donated a playroom to Children's Hospital, so I know we can do it again!

If you want more information on this contest, just click the "How It Works" tab in the link.
    Last edited by 313WX; April-13-10 at 08:20 PM.

Well, first, you must create a login, then you can vote...

Cooley High checking in and voting!!

Ok, I voted.

However, would like to say that when my kids were young, we didn't have the money to send our kids either. The schools set up a sliding scale for involvement with fundraisers to get the kids to these programs. Washed cars, bake sales, solicitations from neighbors, etc.

Grants are not the end all and be all. The kids and parents need to work toward goal acheivements. Straight up gifts are not always appreciated in the right light.