Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Remember The Encouragements Against the Big Brother State?

http://www.breitbart.com/article.php...show_article=1

Turns out they may be empty promises, after all.

Once the infrastructure is in place, it is at the mercy of whomever holds the controls.

These guys were merely perverts, what happens when someone who really likes to take the wings off flies thinks he's acting justifiably against someone who is obviously acting against the better condition of the nation.

I say it was good that Homeland Security published their treatise on Right Wing Radicals, they called out the idiocy of the previous definitions of possible terrorists-to-be.

Going to be a fun ride...

What the hell is an "FBI satellite control room" doing in a mall in the first place? Do all shopping malls have them?

ccbatson Guest

Sounds like these guys are going to be charged with way more than the average peeping Tom would be.

Hey, leave these guys alone -- it is clearly a national security issue

MORGANTOWN, W.Va. [[AP) - Two FBI workers are accused of using surveillance equipment to spy on teenage girls as they undressed and tried on prom gowns at a charity event at a West Virginia mall. The FBI employees have been charged with conspiracy and committing criminal invasion of privacy. They were working in an FBI satellite control room at the mall when they positioned a camera on temporary changing rooms and zoomed in for at least 90 minutes on girls dressing for the Cinderella Project fashion show, Marion County Prosecutor Pat Wilson said Monday.
    "Workers" ? Are they FBI sub-contract people that have access to sensitive equipment on occasion ? And how much of this stuff is in place around the country we don't know about ? Apparently, there are a lot more "Black OPS" programs than we know about.

You people better be careful. The FBI is definitely watching this forum.

Home Land Security stopped by last week to interview a crew of old people protesting at an abortion clinic here in Flint MI. These people have protested peacefully at this clinic through the years and never had to be interrogated. do you think this is perhaps shades of things to come or an over zealous newcomer to their Home Land Security job?

...shades of things to come.

Don't forget, the chosen one had references to Jesus blocked out during his speech at Georgetown University last week.

Nope, he's not a big fan of those religious types.

And homeland security caught being peeping toms? Try stopping someone in an airport for the crime of....carrying money!

Yes, the coming days will be interesting indeed.

I am the FBI on this board.

Good. it's about time

Quote Originally Posted by MCP-001 View Post

Don't forget, the chosen one had references to Jesus blocked out during his speech at Georgetown University last week.

Right... Because I'm sure you wouldn't find something to bitch about if Obama was giving a speech under a Jesus reference.

There's a little thing called the separation of church and state and Obama was giving a POLICY speech at the university. So you could understand what he did.

I'm sure the neo-con talking heads will spin this as another example of Obama supposedly being an anti-Christian.

I thought I would never see anyone again like Nixon [[ He got that Tricky Dick name for a good reason and it had nothing to do with sex).

Its starting to come out that "W" wanted to keep the war going so he could be our wartime president, everyone would love him and he could get his domestic agenda going which as a result is the reason we are arguing about bailouts, creating housing bubbles and the like.

We already know that the Homeland Security color code warnings were hoaxes. The former chief said as much. I always wondered why the color codes were always on high alert one day then the next day it would go down.

The most likely reason was that some poor soul was waterboarded at Gitmo and came up with some outlandish plot to get them to stop and as a result it made that color code increase and once they found out it was just a lie the color [[whatever it was green, blue, red) went back to normal. As a result "W' can say we stopped another plot against us and I'm keeping you safe from the terrorist.

You can have several threads on the strange election results in 2004, torture and how they justified it, strange deaths of republican operatives who knew too much, and it just goes on and on. Nixon only got impeached for what he did.

And people have the nerve to complain that Obama has made us less safe with the release of the memo's . Most of the crap they got from the torture was fake anyway.

No Bush like Nixon wanted to test the very foundations of our constitution, and while some will call Bush dumb I'll just call him evil.

Nixon only got impeached for what he did.
    I think he resigned to avoid impeachment. Otherwise, interesting post.

What interesting times we live in.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimaz View Post
    I think he resigned to avoid impeachment. Otherwise, interesting post.

What interesting times we live in.
    I stand corrected, thanks Jimaz

ccbatson Guest

Unlike Clinton...Impeached, but not removed from office.

Default FBI satellite control rooms

Firstandten, you're very much welcome.

I'd still like to know more about these "FBI satellite control rooms." I don't think they're for controlling satellites in space but rather for controlling surveillance in remote mall locations. I understand that malls could be terrorist targets simply because of their population concentration [[cf. the movie Brazil). You'd think the author would have anticipated readers' unfamiliarity with the phrase and so would have defined it. Or am I just outside of that loop?

I happen to have a meeting scheduled next month with someone well inside that loop. Stay well tuned.
    Last edited by Jimaz; April-22-09 at 09:20 PM.

ccbatson Guest

Arrgh..another fictional reference Jimaz? A great movie BTW, but.....

Quote Originally Posted by ccbatson View Post
    Sometimes fiction seems to come close to facts, read the book Titan, published years before the Titanic.

Sometimes fiction seems to come close to facts ...
    or becomes actually prescient:

At the time the film was released, few would have believed that torture could possibly have become regarded as "a good thing" from within the factual United States.

Note the pressure gauge on Sam Lowry's head.

Note the lack of remorse from torture proponents.
    Last edited by Jimaz; April-23-09 at 12:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ccbatson View Post
    this from a guy who bases his entire philosophy on fiction...

Quote Originally Posted by firstandten View Post
    There's a little thing called the separation of church and state and Obama was giving a POLICY speech at the university. So you could understand what he did.
    Umm, no I can't.

He knew the venue that he would be speaking at.

To do that displays a level of cowardace on his part.

Umm, no I can't.

" The White House wanted a simple backdrop of flags and pipe and drape for the speech, consistent with what they’ve done for other policy speeches,” she added. “Frankly, the pipe and drape wasn’t high enough by itself to fully cover the IHS and cross above the GU seal and it seemed most respectful to have them covered so as not to be seen out of context.” quote from WH

Obama did not mention the name of Jesus during his address. However, he did mention Christ’s Sermon on the Mount.

“There is a parable at the end of the Sermon on the Mount that tells a story of two men…‘the rain descended and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house…it fell not: for it was founded upon a rock,’” Obama said.

“We cannot rebuild this economy on the same pile of sand,” he added. “We must build our house upon a rock.”

With all the problems we need to address in this society, your interpetation of this story represents a distraction.

Umm, no I can't.

hardly, it shows he has the guts to stand up to the fundies in this country. now if he would dump the office of superstition-based initiatives

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast