Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default In-water boat show at Detroit Yacht Club April 23-25

There is going to be an in-water boat show at the Detroit Yacht Club on April 23-25, 2010. The show is free and open to the public. Due to the economy, I believe most of the boats will be brokerage as most of the dealers in the area do not have new stock. In my opinion, I like the brokerage boats better- can't afford a new one! There will be live entertainment Friday and Saturday night as well.

Hopefully, this will be the first of many annual shows.

You can also schedule a tour of the building. Bring cameras!

For more information, see www.dyc.com.

There will also be some vendors- boating and non-boating related.

Can folks get there by boat? Will there be transient docking? I posted this on a Lake St. Clair boating website. It got some interest, and these were some of the questions.
    Thanks!

Last edited by John; April-14-10 at 03:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by freckles View Post
    Can folks get there by boat? Will there be transient docking? I posted this on a Lake St. Clair boating website. It got some interest, and these were some of the questions.
    Thanks!
    Yes and yes. People are welcome to come by boat and transient wells are available as the harbor will not be full. However, in order to come by boat, you must contact the DYC at 313-515-4573 ext 233 to reserve a well so the harbor master can place them appropriately and is expecting the arrival.

The more the merrier!

There are also a few wells open this year for the season due to the economy- first time in quite a few years if anyone is interested. They vary in size.

Thanks! Sounds like a fun putt into the River. Fingers crossed for great weather!
    If you're interested, the thread is here:
    http://www.lakestclair.net/forums/in...&#entry1004175

~Christine

Quote Originally Posted by freckles View Post
    Thanks! Sounds like a fun putt into the River. Fingers crossed for great weather!
    If you're interested, the thread is here:
    http://www.lakestclair.net/forums/in...&#entry1004175

~Christine
    Thanks for posting it on lakestclair.net!

Weather doesn't look like it's going to be great...

Weather wasn't great, but it wasn't horrible, either. We were there today from around 1-3 pm. Saw all 2 of the boats [[the Tiara and the SeaRay). Visited with some of the vendors on the second floor [[talked to Andre, the canvas cover man).

It was cool taking the family to Belle Isle and DYC, even if the weather didn't cooperate. Let us know if the DYC has other events--maybe we can come by boat next time.

Three boats sold the first day and left, and a big dealer pulled out due to the weather. None of the dealers have new boats- overall not a great year for a boat show. The Nautical Mile Show was also a disappointment.

I'll keep you updated. We have lots going on at the DYC.

It might seem like all you can do is go fishing, but really there are a number of other activities you can do and you don't even have to find sailboats for sale. One of the things that a lot of people do when they want to have all the benefits of a boat, but they don't want any of the hassles is to join a boat club or a Yacht club.

Here is a boat I am pretty sure you can get a good deal on and all you have to do is chip it out of the ice....
    Last edited by Searay215; January-13-11 at 06:35 AM.