Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default Missing 911 tapes

Anyone surprised to hear the 911 tapes from the night of the big party [[that never happened) have disappeared?
    Depositions taken yesterday in the Strawberry case sure sound fishy.
    It's bad enough the hospital records are murky at best.
    Mike Cox must be sweating bullets when this stuff comes out.
    Will a jury piece this mess together or will the big shots get away?

I can't wait to see what falls out when the start shaking this tree!
    As disgusting as corruption can be it sure is interesting to watch isn't it?

At least part of the former police dispatcher's story sounds fishy. Sandy Cardena's deposition says officers told Cardenas that because the Manoogian was locked, and no one would come to the door, they had to send a police car across town to the Kilpatrick home on Leslie Street [[in the Dexter-Davison neighborhood) to get Carlita Kilpatrick and bring her back to the east-side riverfront to let all those cops in.
    Really?
    All those supervisors and officers from several precincts waited around outside the Manoogian, while Mayor Kilpatrick and -- presumably -- Detroit cops on his executive protection unit remained inside, refusing to open the door? That would be about a 40-minute wait, right? Or maybe 30 minutes if the cop car used its sirens and flashing lights.
    Does that scenario make sense?
    And then with all those cops around, Carlita still was able to duke it out with one or two strippers?
    Also, as far as the missing 911 tapes, Cardenas didn't witness any confiscation personally. She said other officers told her about it.
    I admit it is interesting that Cardenas said under oath that she dispatched patrol cars to the Manoogian because of some disturbance.
    But what happens after that is still unproven by any first-hand sworn testimony by anyone yet, and it's seven years and counting.
    Why has so much incriminating information on Kilpatrick come out over the years, but the Manoogian -- arguably the least important aspect of his six years in office -- remains largely rumor and hearsay.
    Dare I say "an urban legend?"

I did hear that the mayor and his wife were living apart during that time. I also remember hearing that her security detail brought her over - unexpected by the people inside. I didn't realize that her security detail brought her over inresponse to a police request. but the first part does scan with what I heard many years ago from a news source tracking the story when it happened. Remember that the local newsrooms were jumping with the story that night.

I think the reason why you haven't heard more is because so many people still value their jobs and pensions. They also have their own self interest to take care of.
    Notice only retired folks have come through lately with information?
    If that "other" dancer comes forward though, look out baby!!!

Anyone have access to the log books or records of the DAC for that weekend?

Are there any Dyes posts for acronyms...Seriously for newcomers to the state, city...DAC, CBD, MCD...wtf?

Default Acronyms

Quote Originally Posted by Nikki Pooh View Post
    Are there any Dyes posts for acronyms...Seriously for newcomers to the state, city...DAC, CBD, MCD...wtf?
    DAC=Detroit Athletic Club, on Madison Avenue
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Detroit_Athletic_Club

CBD=Central Business District or "downtown"
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Central_business_district

MCD=Michigan Central Depot, passenger rail station from 1913 to 1988
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michigan_Central_Depot

I agree: There should be a list of acronyms used somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Nikki Pooh View Post
    And "wtf"....I think that's pretty universal!!!!

Usually when an allegation of in propriety is made, there's always some validity in it, especially when it involves old KK. A lot of city officials,especially in the PD, are complicit? Wonder where the real truthful story lies???

The DPD might have deliberately gone slow on the investigation of Tamara Greene's death, but that doesn't mean there was a party at the Manoogian, or, especially, that Kilpatrick was complicit in her death. Police supervisors might have been covering their butts for fear the rumors were true, that she had danced at the mayor's mansion.

The Detroit News carried a story a while ago that suggested "Strawberry" was killed because of some beef with a dope dealer, who struck her in the face during a dispute at a party in Southfield shortly before she died.