Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Paging DetroitTeacher.....

Hi,
    I have some questions regarding Cooley's current state of being closed down at the end of the school year. Do you know if the students will be sent to Mumford? If so, why don't the school board wait until Mumford is re-built to accommondate the additional students before closing Cooley?

Schools for the Cooley kids - Central - Cody - Henry Ford. Crazy long bus ride.

Thanks Detroitbookhound. Aren't those school, especially HF quite far from the Cooley district? The logical solution is to send them to Mumford since they are rebuilding it anyway.

We heard our kids will go to Central. I don't think anything is set, yet. The kids can really go where they want. Mumford wasn't among the choices, though. The nearest school to Cooley is a bit more than 6 miles away [[not including Mumford). Our kids have stated they WILL NOT attend Mumford [[due to rivalry and the negative stuff that has been going on there). Here you will find the existing neighborhoods and the new neighborhoods on pages 27 and 28 http://www.detroit.k12.mi.us/admin/p...aster_Plan.pdf As you see, we are slated to be in the Central neighborhood.

On a side note, we are making presentations to Bobb to keep Cooley open. He has stated that he likes what he hears and would like to hear more about our academic and facilities plans. As soon as I know something, I'll post here. Our alumni met today to rework what we had planned with the architects [[to close down much of the building) when we thought we were getting bond money to make renovations. They are also working to get a partnership with local colleges to offer a dual enrollment type deal on Cooley's campus. We have some really neat ideas and Bobb said he'd make his decisions after he heard from our panel on an individual level [[not at the Town Hall meetings).