Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Default Tea Party Illustrated Dictionary and Field Guide

The main gist, is attacking some grammar. Who cares? I'm not a gambler, but I'd load up on most of the signs there had correct spelling and grammar. So the article is bullshit. What is being overlooked, is people are getting angry, and angry enough to start demonstrating. Some of these people could not even explain why they are there, but they are there. These are not the "regulars" who bow their neck about everything. This is the old "silent majority", that have gotten out of their easy chairs. This movement could turn in to a much larger group, quite easily.

It could be suggested, as Obama's approval rating falls, the Teabagger's are gaining support.
    Last edited by Sstashmoo; April-12-10 at 08:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sstashmoo View Post
    The main gist, is attacking some grammar. Who cares? I'm not a gambler, but I'd load up on most of the signs there had correct spelling and grammar. So the article is bullshit. What is being overlooked, is people are getting angry, and angry enough to start demonstrating. Some of these people could not even explain why they are there, but they are there. These are not the "regulars" who bow their neck about everything. This is the old "silent majority", that have gotten out of their easy chairs. This movement could turn in to a much larger group, quite easily.

It could be suggested, as Obama's approval rating falls, the Teabagger's are gaining support.
    ok, i won't comment on your grammar, just your main point, which is wrong.

most of what I saw was a bunch of fools parroting right-wing hate-radio bullshit

Quote: "most of what I saw"

Yes, and nothing was taken out of context..

If they were as serious as they claim to be, they'd invest in an editor or at least a spell-check program.

My theory is that most of those grammar "mistakes" are actually deliberate. They're meant to resonate with the IQ-challenged who can be more easily recruited, concentrated and herded. They want to exclude those who aren't easily led.

If it's one crazy guy standing on the corner yelling about stuff he knows nothing about, it's easy to ignore him. If it's a whole angry mob with guns yelling about stuff they know nothing about, it's hard to ignore them, but does that mean we have to take them seriously? Ignorance is ignorance, no matter how many are in the herd.

most of what I saw was a bunch of fools parroting right-wing hate-radio bullshit
    I read in an article last weekend some 40% of "Teabaggers" were Democrats or former Democrats. [[wish i could link the source, but im at work right now with restricted internet) This is growing movement, and mark my words, come 2012, BOTH PARTIES will be trying to schmooze these people

These pictures are just taken out of context. It's a safe bet, the folks losing their businesses and jobs, by and large have excellent grammar. If you folks are happy with watching our country go down the drain, fine, but leave the folks alone trying to do something about it. They are trying to help you too.

Being taken out of context, is the idiot fringe, they are everywhere. As I said poor grammar or not, they are out there and they are doing something about it. Instead of patting Obama on the back for appeasing corporations, following the party line.

I just read a very scary article about the US losing it's world dominance with quotes from former Sec of Treasury Baker. Right now each of us that works, owes 80,000 dollars.

Here it is:

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2010/....shtml?tag=dis

Being taken out of context, is the idiot fringe, they are everywhere. As I said poor grammar or not, they are out there and they are doing something about it. Instead of patting Obama on the back for appeasing corporations, following the party line.
    Yes, we should all be applauding these great men and women, independent thinkers all, who barely passed their high school civics class, are alarmed to find out how the government actually works, and can't win a game of Hangman to save their lives.

Fuck me.

barnesphoto , Thanks for the hate link. All tea partiers are apparently illiterate racists. The link reminds me of Nazi propaganda comic strips meant to demean Jews. I'll assume that the misspelled signs were mostly just that but can you prove that none if the mis-spelled sign holders weren't plants to embarrass the movement? Millions of people attending tea parties with almost no violence and that's the best you can do?

For something a little less hateful, how about a Gallup Poll shedding some light on how tea partiers differ and are demographically the same as other Americans.
    http://www.gallup.com/poll/127181/Te...ographics.aspx

To prove that not all liberals are hateful demogogs, I will again bring up Naomi Wolfe and Noam Chomsky who have advocated reaching out to tea partiers to joing together on common concerns about the corporatism , corruption , and the loss of liberty promoted by both the mainstream Democrat and Republican parties.

again-
    Naomi Wolf Thinks the Tea Parties Help Fight Fascism -- Is She Onto Something or in Fantasy Land?
    Talk - Naomi Wolf - The End of America
    Noam Chomsky urges Madison crowd to reach out to Tea Partiers
    one hour video of his whole speech-

" What’s developing is a kind of corporate mercantilism with huge centralized, more or less command economies, integrated with one another, closely tied to state power -- relying very heavily on state power, in fact -- and enforcing social policies and a conception of social and political order that happen to be highly beneficial to the interests of the top sectors of the population, the richest sectors." -link [[Chomsky)

Quote: "Being taken out of context, is the idiot fringe, they are everywhere."

Quote: "Fuck me"

See what I mean?

Quote: "Being taken out of context, is the idiot fringe, they are everywhere."

Quote: "Fuck me"

See what I mean?
    I see it clearly.

These pictures are just taken out of context.
    So you're saying these folks are the exception? If the tea partiers are mostly normal, sane folks with legitimate concerns and a working knowledge of government and current events, then those sane voices need to find their way to the forefront, pronto. Getting someone other than Sarah Palin and Michelle Bachmann to rally the movement would be a good start.
    It's a safe bet, the folks losing their businesses and jobs, by and large have excellent grammar.
    Could be. What's that got to do with the tea party? Who says the unemployed have all joined? Who says the tea partiers are all unemployed? From the footage I've seen, a lot of them appear to be retired. Where do you draw this correlation?
    If you folks are happy with watching our country go down the drain, fine, but leave the folks alone trying to do something about it. They are trying to help you too.
    Nobody except the top tier of the wealthiest is happy with what's going on. That's why a majority voted for Obama - to reverse the disastrous course we've been on. That's "doing something about it," not standing around yelling incoherently about stuff you know nothing about.
    As I said poor grammar or not, they are out there and they are doing something about it.
    No, they're not. They're loud and ignorant, and they're getting in the way of reasonable discourse and a way forward.
    Instead of patting Obama on the back for appeasing corporations, following the party line.
    Well, he's not selling the country out to Halliburton, so that's an improvement.
    I just read a very scary article about the US losing it's world dominance with quotes from former Sec of Treasury Baker. Right now each of us that works, owes 80,000 dollars.
    The sad part is the tea partiers seem to think that all started last January, not years before.

Here's a link to prove that there are people out there creating a false impression of the Tea Parties.

http://www.crashtheteaparty.org

Any and all misspellings, hatred, violence, and other foolishness is under serious scrutiny, as well as this thread.

But I'm sure there are those here that are already aware of this group, and are all for it.
    Last edited by johnsmith; April-12-10 at 02:55 PM.

chomsky [[if you read the entire article) is stating the typical far left and now typical far right position; we are fed up with the way our two party system is working and we should have more of a voice for the people...[[ I like Noam and NAder very much....so this doesn't surprise me)...in reaching out he doesn't advocate the craziness of the tea party...nowhere would he rejoice in their main objectives...he voices his support to those who are fed up w/the current political system....and not an endorsementof the tea partty,,,context is key in this article.
    Last edited by gibran; April-13-10 at 02:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by johnsmith View Post
    Here's a link to prove that there are people out there creating a false impression of the Tea Parties.

http://www.crashtheteaparty.org

Any and all misspellings, hatred, violence, and other foolishness is under serious scrutiny, as well as this thread.

But I'm sure there are those here that are already aware of this group, and are all for it.
    WTF? Dude, that site is weird. I just took a dip into the forums and came back up creeped out, dazed and confused, if not a little shorter on IQ points. Who's who and who's [[badly) attempting satire and who's for real? The only thing I could conclude is that there's a lot of strange, paranoid, name-calling internet tough guys posting over there.

Hilarious.

I believe in some of the libertarian philosophies the Tea Party was apparently supposed to espouse, but wouldn't attend one of these rallies or consider myself one of them, because it turns out most of them are just radical limbaugh repeating ignoramuses. I don't see much of the actual message of libertarianism on their signs. I see hate towards people who don't think like them, and fear that the way of life that gave them special treatment for many years is slipping a bit, and that's about it. A third party based on fiscal responsibility that is socially progressive would be great. This isn't one. This is just Fox News on tour.

Ok, deal. I'm sure you would gladly agree to restrict voting rights to only the literate and educated. Right....? right?

Nice propaganda piece barnes. Fair, balanced....... and sincere.

Quote: "Well, he's not selling the country out to Halliburton, so that's an improvement."

He's the same MF'er just a different color. Goldman Sachs, ring a bell? Like cheap Popsicles, all different colors and all taste the same.

Quote: " Getting someone other than Sarah Palin and Michelle Bachmann to rally the movement would be a good start."

I agree. What are you going to say when a Jesse Ventura or someone like him steps up?

Quote: "they're getting in the way of reasonable discourse"

Quite honestly, I think "reasonable discourse" is off the table. You and I owe 80 grand each, you got it? Because I sure as hell don't. How are we reasonably going to right what's going on when the same shit that put us here still goes on in Washington? You think voting in another mouthpiece for the special interests is going to fix it? Ha..

Quote: "The sad part is the tea partiers seem to think that all started last January, not years before."

You only know what you parrot about the Tea party, from your dashboard speaker. It would make sense that they would try to suppress any sort of movement like this. Even implanting idiots to discredit the whole organization. Fox has been busted countless times for doing similar things lately.

Quote: "most of what I saw"

Yes, and nothing was taken out of context..

how was it taken out of context? it is IN its context. the whole thing IS its context.

here is an example of taking things out of context:

person "a" says "I once had to kill a puppy. it was a horrible thing to have to do. the poor thing got hit by a car and was suffering terribly"

person "b" says "hey -- person "a" just told me he killed a puppy"

on that site you have idiots at a tea party gathering acting like -- idiots at a tea party

Quote: "Well, he's not selling the country out to Halliburton, so that's an improvement."

He's the same MF'er just a different color. Goldman Sachs, ring a bell? Like cheap Popsicles, all different colors and all taste the same.
    Banking/finance is different than blatant war profiteering, and I don't claim to understand all that went down in '08. Whether the bailout and subsequent moves under a different administration will turn out to have been the right or wrong thing to do, who knows. That's going to take years to shake out.

Quote: " Getting someone other than Sarah Palin and Michelle Bachmann to rally the movement would be a good start."

I agree. What are you going to say when a Jesse Ventura or someone like him steps up?
    We'll see when that happens. Why haven't they embraced Ron Paul?

Quote: "they're getting in the way of reasonable discourse"

Quite honestly, I think "reasonable discourse" is off the table.
    Reasonable discourse is our only hope. Ignorance and threats of violence are not the way forward.
    You and I owe 80 grand each, you got it? Because I sure as hell don't.
    Me neither. Where did it go? We can't afford two endless and pointless wars, especially with this recession going on and the collapse of the manufacturing industry.
    How are we reasonably going to right what's going on when the same shit that put us here still goes on in Washington?
    How do you propose we change it? We voted in a brand new guy to try to turn it around. Would you prefer we stand around with posters of him with a Hilter mustache and yell meaningless paranoid talking points at each other? Is that going to fix it all?
    You think voting in another mouthpiece for the special interests is going to fix it? Ha..
    Who is this you speak of?
    Quote: "The sad part is the tea partiers seem to think that all started last January, not years before."

You only know what you parrot about the Tea party, from your dashboard speaker.
    OK then, show me the real Tea Party. The smart, sane people "doing something about it." There ought to be plenty of videos around.
    It would make sense that they
    Who's they?
    would try to suppress any sort of movement like this.
    Who's trying to suppress it? It's freedom of speech, and nobody's got a problem with that - except for maybe the Palinbots calling to "stamp out the lamestream media" because they don't like any information that might make them actually think about what she says.
    Even implanting idiots to discredit the whole organization.
    From what I've seen [[and of course you're about to fix that with all those videos of the "real" Tea Party) they don't need any planted idiots to discredit them. There's enough already.

Quote: "on that site you have idiots at a tea party gathering acting like -- idiots at a tea party"

I agree, then again, you or I could have taken a camera there and shot a totally different story. Depends on the bias, if there is one. In the original poster's offering in the thread, would you say the photographer was biased?

Quote: "and of course you're about to fix that with all those videos of the "real" Tea Party"

Well, to be honest, this guy doesn't sound all that crazy or stupid....

http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?id=6139784n

I agree with Ron Paul here, who doesn't outright discredit them, but does question their presentation.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/0..._n_415181.html

""
    Rep. Ron Paul [[R-Tex.), a darling of the tea party movement, cautioned that its activists may not be helping the Republican Party.
    "They get frustrated, they act out and sometimes they act too angrily and sometimes it doesn't come off well,"""

Quote: "and of course you're about to fix that with all those videos of the "real" Tea Party"

Well, to be honest, this guy doesn't sound all that crazy or stupid....

http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?id=6139784n
    He speaks very vaguely, but I agree he seems to be sane.

I agree with Ron Paul here, who doesn't outright discredit them, but does question their presentation.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/0..._n_415181.html

""
    Rep. Ron Paul [[R-Tex.), a darling of the tea party movement, cautioned that its activists may not be helping the Republican Party.
    "They get frustrated, they act out and sometimes they act too angrily and sometimes it doesn't come off well,"""
    So WHY are the Tea Party people not embracing these two, who support them [[or at least they did in January) and can at least put a coherent sentence together? The first guy obviously isn't a big name, but why haven't they turned to Ron Paul as their guidance counselor? Why are they slobbering all over those dingbats Palin and Bachmann? Is it the lipstick?
    I'll say it again, if there are intelligent, thoughtful people in this movement, they need to get to the forefront.

Quote: "if there are intelligent, thoughtful people in this movement, they need to get to the forefront."

Agreed.

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast