Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    lilpup Guest

Default WDIV Hoffa story

I missed the news tonight. Would someone please fill me in on WDIV's Hoffa story? All I could find on their website was the promo for it.

Yada Yada Yada, Nothing we ain't heard before. The Feds don't think he's under the Meadowlands so they ain't gonna search it.
    I think if he was buried it was somewhere under the RenCen properties.

Buried? Pah-leez. That body's gone forever in a trillion little particles.

If I were a reporter, I would have quit my job rather than do that non-news piece. It was absolutely embarrasing.

He was most likely fed to the pigs. We will never find his body because it no longer exists.

correct me if I'm wrong, but weren't portions of the Ren Cen foundation being poured during the time of his disappearance? I think there may be something to that...

I'm with DetroitSTAR. We figured that's where he was. They where pouring cement 24/7 for the Ren Cen foundations back then. Joked that he was a real "cornerstone" of the city now.

It wasn't a "news story," but I thought it was an interesting bit, if only to debunk the Meadowlands connection. They mentioned how ridiculous it would be to transport body parts to New Jersey and slammed the credibility of the guy who offered up the story back in 1989. I agree with the above posts, wherever he went, he's long gone.

If I remember correctly, awhile back some mob guy told the story of how Hoffa's body was ground up or destroyed in some manner.

LodgeDodger Guest

Mythbusters did a segment about the "Hoffa buried at the Meadowlands" story a few years ago. They found nothing. I believe Hoffa never left the State. Wherever he ended up, it was in many pieces.

Quote Originally Posted by gumby View Post
    He was most likely fed to the pigs. We will never find his body because it no longer exists.

so if we ate thornapple valley bacon, or sausage back then...

sliced and diced and incinerated on the east side, near Hamtramck.
    that is the most credible story I ever heard.
    published in some newspaper over 10 years ago.

His body was NEVER meant to be found.

but more importantly....
    WHAT YOUR RINGTONE SAYS ABOUT YOU...

Seriously? no, no Seriously? I plan on wiping my ass tomorrow- send a news crew over.

Wasn't the urban legend about how he was in the trunk of some car and that it was crushed and used for scrap..... no wait that was Goldfinger.

What happened to "sleeps with the fish".

Quote Originally Posted by LodgeDodger View Post
    Mythbusters did a segment about the "Hoffa buried at the Meadowlands" story a few years ago. They found nothing. I believe Hoffa never left the State. Wherever he ended up, it was in many pieces.
    Regardless of how he was eventually disposed, I believe 100% that his body never left the state. Why would the killers risk transporting his body all the way back to New Jersey for disposal when the local outfit owned or had open access to scrapyards, incinerators, etc? The Meadowlands thing never made sense to me.

Default where`s Waldo

Quote Originally Posted by WKL View Post
    I'm with DetroitSTAR. We figured that's where he was. They where pouring cement 24/7 for the Ren Cen foundations back then. Joked that he was a real "cornerstone" of the city now.
    I-75@ 14mi east bound exit ramp. That`s what was being poured at that time....

Cremation was the most logical "method" to dispose of his body.

Default Hoffa

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    Cremation was the most logical "method" to dispose of his body.

I read a book recently called "I Hear you Paint Houses" the story of close Hoffa friend Frank "the Irishman" Sheeran. Towards the end of his life Sheeran confessed he killed Jimmy b/c of Hoffa wanting control of the Teamsters and Hoffa had also threatened to go public w/ what he knew. They picked Hoffa up outside a suburban Detroit restaurant. Took him to a house in Detroit, killed him and eventually Hoffa's corpse was incinerated at a slaughterhouse/meat-packing plant owned by allegedly original Purple Gang member Peter Vitale..[[IIRC). BTW there are rumors Scorsese will be directing "I Heard You Paint Houses" w/ Deniro as Sheeran.Also I believe the meat packing plant was near the Eastern Market.

lilpup Guest

I think that Sheeran tale was what prompted the tearing up of floorboards in a local house during a search for evidence. Nothing was found to support his story.

Wasn't that house in the Old Redford area?. My source of the Ren Cen deal was a Teamster at the time whose childhood friend worked on the Ren Cen project.. I belive his story since he's like a Dad to me.
    Last edited by reddog289; April-14-10 at 01:37 AM. Reason: spelling wrong

Why the assumption that Hoffa is dead?

DC48080 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by East Detroit View Post
    Why the assumption that Hoffa is dead?
    Well, if he wasn't murded he would be 97 years old today. Odds are he is deceased.

There were also a theory that his body was taken to a chrome plating plant and put in a stripping tank. After a couple of hours there wouldn't be a trace left. This was a job done by professionals.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast