Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default Lights on at the Model T Plant

Lookee here. I spotted this last Sunday night. Lights were on for the entire length of the upper floor and on some of the floors below it.

Attachment 5736

Later in the week I caught a TV clip about a movie being made in an old factory. It did not say which one but the columns looked like those of the Model T plant [and others of course.] Made think hmmm.

LodgeDodger Guest

When you mention Model T Plant, I always think you're referring to Piquette.

The Highland Park plant is rented out to other companies. When we toured that plant last Fall, there were a number of companies doing business in the HP factory building.
    Last edited by LodgeDodger; April-10-10 at 06:56 PM.

The former Model T Plant has always been occupied in varying degrees, but lights on for the entire upper floor is a first for the countless times I have passed by. One or two lights on? Sure, lots of times but never anything close to this amount of lights.

LodgeDodger Guest

The only event I see listed on their Facebook page is the Administration building appraisal. Maybe it's a super-secret event!

Quote Originally Posted by LodgeDodger View Post
    The Highland Park plant is rented out to other companies. When we toured that plant last Fall, there were a number of companies doing business in the HP factory building.
    Who ran a tour of this place??? Did Piquette in 09, including the "walking tour". Very memorable. Highland park tour, I would drive in for that, also.
    tia, marty

LodgeDodger Guest

Quote Originally Posted by mpf View Post
    Who ran a tour of this place??? Did Piquette in 09, including the "walking tour". Very memorable. Highland park tour, I would drive in for that, also.
    tia, marty
    It was a "tour" to see what might be done with the Highland Park complex. It isn't ready for a public tour, just yet.
    Last edited by LodgeDodger; April-10-10 at 10:49 PM.

The film "Jinn" is shooting there...

"Jinn"? that's not featured on the Michigan Film Office's website, details?

A lot of films shoot in the state that aren't on that website. I am a location scout and did a scout at the Model T Factory and several other Detroit locations for the film. It is being produced in association with Michigan-based Deep Blue Pictures.