Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default The KFC "Double Down"

I thought this thing was an April Fools joke when I first heard about it. No bun, 2 fried chicken patties, "special sauce", BACON, and 2 cheeses ...Who comes UP with this stuff, and how do they sleep at night.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/0..._n_266848.html

Hmmm, youtube took the vid down per TOS violation. In any event I hate KFC, they have gone down so far over the years [[at least the ones in the tri-county area)... the only thing remotely edible at this point there is there chicken pot pie. And the grilled chicken fiasco and the "free" piece of chicken campaign that went bust. Ugh. I am trying to not eat fried foods and I want some I'd best get some home made fried chicken... LOL!
    Quote Originally Posted by tetsua View Post
    I thought this thing was an April Fools joke when I first heard about it. No bun, 2 fried chicken patties, "special sauce", BACON, and 2 cheeses ...Who comes UP with this stuff, and how do they sleep at night.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/0..._n_266848.html
    Last edited by Zacha341; April-08-10 at 08:56 AM.

video removed due to the sandwich not being officially offered yet. But....... a little research turned this up.

I laughed, I cried.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t0PDv...eature=related

KFC suppliers cram birds into huge waste-filled factories, breed and drug them to grow so large that they can’t even walk, and often break their wings and legs. At slaughter, the birds’ throats are slit and they are dropped into tanks of scalding-hot water—often while they are still conscious. It would be illegal for KFC to abuse dogs, cats, pigs, or cows in these ways.

KFC’s own animal welfare advisors have asked the company to take steps to eliminate these abuses, but KFC refuses to do so. Many advisors have now resigned in frustration.

Sounds mighty tasty!

Popeyes > KFC

Sounds like it was inspired on the west coast and the Adkin's diet [[meat, no breads)

Well the no-carb - protein zone folks should like it. Not me! I still eat my rice, pasta and breads [[in moderation or course). That vid is pretty grim, plus the thought of eating this. Barf.....
    Quote Originally Posted by TKshreve View Post
    video removed due to the sandwich not being officially offered yet. But....... a little research turned this up.

I laughed, I cried.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t0PDv...eature=related

Yeah, I am not a PETA person but talked to them last year when they were boycotting the KFC on Davison and Dexter [[a boycot about anything at that intersection merited a bit of kudos IMO!) and they explain KFC's particular abuses.

I hate KFC throw away crap anti-food and will try to stay away which should not be that hard as I am off friend foods... unless I slip of the wagon and "fry" something myself in my own kitchen.... LOL!
    Quote Originally Posted by East Detroit View Post
    KFC suppliers cram birds into huge waste-filled factories, breed and drug them to grow so large that they can’t even walk, and often break their wings and legs. At slaughter, the birds’ throats are slit and they are dropped into tanks of scalding-hot water—often while they are still conscious. It would be illegal for KFC to abuse dogs, cats, pigs, or cows in these ways.

KFC’s own animal welfare advisors have asked the company to take steps to eliminate these abuses, but KFC refuses to do so. Many advisors have now resigned in frustration.

Sounds mighty tasty!

I could never get with that die-it...

Instead, low meats, dense dark green veggies and carbs in moderation is my thing. I am not ditching rice for any ones diet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sstashmoo View Post
    Sounds like it was inspired on the west coast and the Adkin's diet [[meat, no breads)

You libs obviously think that everyone should get a free angioplasty after eating one of these but also should be sued for expelling excess methane afterward and also for drinking black coffee surrounded by a white cup [[which is probably made of environmentally unfriendly styrofoam).

You cons obviously are padding the pockets of Wall St by supporting corporate free speech that espouses the virtues of consumer excess that disguises itself as delicious but eliminates the "dole queue" through planned heart disease with no affordable health care. Free speech in the form of call girls and call men to Senators that oversee the FDA and look to the side and cough against the good of the public.

I just lost my appetite after reading this thread. I guess we could market this as the DY diet!

Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post
    Hmmm, youtube took the vid down per TOS violation. In any event I hate KFC, they have gone down so far over the years [[at least the ones in the tri-county area)... the only thing remotely edible at this point there is there chicken pot pie. And the grilled chicken fiasco and the "free" piece of chicken campaign that went bust. Ugh. I am trying to not eat fried foods and I want some I'd best get some home made fried chicken... LOL!
    I make great fried chicken myself [[and it's chaeper to buy some and cook it yourself), but the thing is I don't feel like cooking it or waiting for it to cook half the time.

That said, I do remember when they had the free chicken thing going on [[with the coupon from Oprah and all) KFC was forced to air a national PSA apologizing for the limited amounts of grilled chicken. I'm sure Colonel Sanders is rolling in his grave right now seeing how far his restaurant has gone down [[in terms of quality). Luckily you can get something close to that old school KFC taste with Chicken Shack. Popeye's is still "ok" too.

As for fast food around Metro Detroit, I think the biggest reason is because none of them are corporate-owned. However, I hear Fatburger, Culver's, Steak & Shake and Five Guys continues to impress. The problem is their locations are few & far between [[I only know of one Steak & Shake, one Fatburger and 2 Five Guys).

OMG!!!

I just saw the commercial on television! I cannot believe that they are really serving this sandwich!

Ah yes, they mimicked Krispy Kreme's popular Luther Burger. I thought the food combinaiton sounded familiar. They just replaced the two donut "buns" with two chicken "buns."

Default Dead Guy Immortalized As Corporate Icon Visible From Space!

Attachment 5770
    Google Earth 37 38' 46"N, 115 45'03"W
    Last edited by Jimaz; July-13-10 at 06:02 PM.

"Warning, space travelers.... no intelligent lifeforms on this planet."