Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Unedited ACORN "pimp tapes" tell a very different story

So the little d-bags who punked ACORN and got it shut down were lying about a whole lot of stuff in those supposedly "shocking" hidden camera stings. A "conservative activist" playing fast and loose with the truth for fame and political points? Who knew?

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21134540...04129#36204129
    Last edited by Diehard; April-07-10 at 04:24 PM. Reason: typo

ROFLMAO....

Thanks Diehard....

Maybe Fox News should change their motto from "Fair and Balanced" to "We don't bother with the messy task of verification".....

The stingers got stung.

The sad part is how badly battered ACORN is because of it. There's no undoing the damage at this point.

And for some reason more Americans trust Fox Noise for their news than any other source...

9mile&seneca Guest

I don't care what was done to drive a stake through the heart of this damn thing, what I want to know is how many more taxpayer funded entities like this exist that we know nothing about. This is a hidden shadow government. Why do I have to pay taxes for this crap? I don't give a crap about any of this crap. I bet there are a thousand other entities like this that we are supporting that we know nothing about.

Lately I've been wondering how Homeland Security would handle a U.S. Kristallnacht. Would they just let it happen? Would they preempt it?

lilpup Guest

These activists and Fox News should get hammered with lawsuits from every single person and agency misrepresented.

Quote Originally Posted by 9mile&seneca View Post
    I don't care what was done to drive a stake through the heart of this damn thing, what I want to know is how many more taxpayer funded entities like this exist that we know nothing about. This is a hidden shadow government. Why do I have to pay taxes for this crap? I don't give a crap about any of this crap. I bet there are a thousand other entities like this that we are supporting that we know nothing about.
    What, you mean lying d-bag filmmakers? Yes, I too am angry that their actions led to our elected officials wasting valuable taxpayer time pushing a resolution to "honor" them for a fraudulent project that resulted in shutting down an agency that helped poor people find affordable housing. We SHOULD drive a stake through the heart of lying d-bag filmmakers everywhere! That IS what you mean, right?

Seriously. Did you watch the video, or did you skip it so you can stick with the "I hate ACORN because Fox News told me to" line of thinking?

Some people are very very stupid, Diehard. They need Faux News and their lying hypocritical fetus freaks to tell them how to take a shit in the toilet every morning, otherwise they'd be running around with pantloads. Stupid.

so let me this straight because of false accusations and creative editing...ACORN [[even though had some scandals in the past [[kinda like contragate or other political scandals) is banished/ dissolved and now poor people wanting to "get housing"...or other assistance is now limited in their ability to break free of the oppressive weight they are faced in their daily lives....got to love it...especially from the pick yourself up by your boots [[if have or can afford them) crowd...always finding that level playing field....

sounds like two wrongs happened here.
    acorn may have been set up, but they fell for it

and I seem to remember that it was not just Fox who reported on this,
    ALL the major networks ran with this story

Next time watch the video before before commenting on it.

Proving, I suppose, their liberal bias?

Proving, I suppose, their liberal bias?
    media has some slant, depending on the individual reporter, the network, or whatever, to one way or the other. dont try to box me in
    Next time watch the video before before commenting on it.
    that's not the only video going around

papa your right...media has lost a lot of credibility as of late ...seems to be slipping towards the journalism of the early 1900's and not the Post WWII direction....I do think that if you see how the government used it leading up to Iraq...it is understandable....

When someone sends me an inflammatory email [[based on an Internet article) i Google author..when I see a story I consider [[following the money) the sources...anything Murdick owns is usually biased towards his views...he is a robber baron...I wa s sent an article knocking president Obama ...it was written by a neocon out of Canada [[galganov)...it was slanderous and slanted..but many on the Right circulated it as proof that Obama is bad ...Bush was great,,,,

guess that is why I do fact checks..and then send them to the people who originate the emails...

Stosh Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Papasito View Post
    media has some slant, depending on the individual reporter, the network, or whatever, to one way or the other. dont try to box me in
    that's not the only video going around
    Yes, and the other is doctored by Fox and the dbag "journalists".

You just can't see the forest for the trees I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Papasito View Post
    sounds like two wrongs happened here.
    Not necessarily. If you watched the video, the one guy who they portrayed as "helping" them smuggle girls across the border was actually gathering information on them, which he reported to the cops as soon as they left.
    At any rate, the ACORN workers [[while some were fired) were cleared of any charges resulting from this stunt.

and I seem to remember that it was not just Fox who reported on this,
    Fox was got the actual filmmakers on the set for interviews. They had every opportunity [[and journalistic obligation) to ask tough questions and find out whether they were for real, but instead they slobbered all over them and made them into right-wing heroes. The rest of the networks followed Fox's lead, much like local TV and radio will do second-hand stories on what's reported in the daily papers. It doesn't absolve any of them of their responsibility to "check it out," but Fox is definitely the most guilty one.

What a shock, Fox once again gets caught manufacturing a story. Why anyone would take that network seriously anymore is beyond me.

These two conservative tools and Fox should be sued for slander, at the very least. Hit them hard in their pocketbook to discourage this blatant yellow journalism in the future. It would be nice to see a judgment that bankrupts all the guilty parties involved.
    Last edited by Detroitej72; April-09-10 at 09:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Detroitej72 View Post
    What a shock, Fox once again gets caught manufacturing a story. Why anyone would take that network seriously anymore is beyond me.

These two conservative tools and Fox should be sued for slander, at the very least. Hit them hard in their pocketbook to discourage this blatant yellow journalism in the future. It would be nice to see a judgment that bankrupts all the guilty parties involved.
    Thats what happens when you don't have a fairness doctrine to at least address some of the blatant stuff Fox does. Maybe we can call Fox News , Fox News and Opinion. Almost like how we call professional wrestling sports entertainment

The sound of Rachel Maddow's voice has to be one of the most nauseating sounds on Earth ! There is no way I could have watched long enough to see the actual video clips.

The U.S would be a much better place if we shipped the likes of Rachel Maddow, Rush Limbaugh, O'Reilly and Michael Moore to Guantanamo. IMO these pompous asshats are more of a threat to the future of the U.S than any of the enemy combatants imprisoned there now.

You saying that they should be imprisoned for doing their jobs is much worse than anything they have ever done.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnnny5 View Post
    The sound of Rachel Maddow's voice has to be one of the most nauseating sounds on Earth ! There is no way I could have watched long enough to see the actual video clips.

The U.S would be a much better place if we shipped the likes of Rachel Maddow, Rush Limbaugh, O'Reilly and Michael Moore to Guantanamo. IMO these pompous asshats are more of a threat to the future of the U.S than any of the enemy combatants imprisoned there now.

Quote Originally Posted by lilpup View Post
    These activists and Fox News should get hammered with lawsuits from every single person and agency misrepresented.

I don't know to what extend Fox News was aware of the excistance of this raw footage. For all we know they were presented the O'Keefe propaganda and showed it as they got it.

In any case Fox News is guilty of:
    1) Not verifying the source.
    2) Not retracting the story in the face of this overwhelming evidence of misreprisentation of the true story.
    3) Not living up to their creed; "fair and balanced".

If no action is coming from Fox, they should be hammered with lawsuits and their sponsors should be peppered with the truth, that they are funding a lie-machine.

And sure, the mainstream media also did their damage to ACORN. and they also should retract the story. Rachel Maddow did that for MSNBC. Furthermore I want to know what Andrew Breitbart's reaction is to the uncovered raw footage. He WAS aware of the excistance of that footage, as he is the one who pays a salary to O'Keefe. But that will be too much to ask... More filth here...
    Last edited by Whitehouse; April-10-10 at 11:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnnny5 View Post

I personally have admiration for Maddow, but at least you're not picking sides and have every blowing horn on a ship. Can I add quitter in chief Palin, now she's on Fox' payroll, as well?
    Last edited by Whitehouse; April-10-10 at 11:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Whitehouse View Post
    Can I add quitter in chief Palin, now she's on Fox' payroll, as well?
    I like the title you give to that[[yawn) celebrity, and wannabe politician!!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast