Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Thread: Paging Gazhekwe

Default Paging Gazhekwe

Gazhekwe:
    Hearing the word, “dementia,” sends chills of sinister implications down the spines of
    many people.
    Peggy and I live in an “over fifties” Manufactured Home Park . 500 Homes. Heck of a
    nice Park. We knew/know most of the occupants by name and sight.
    Many of us use the word, dementia, simply as a generic reference, on a scale of one to ten. For
    instance:
    You are a number ‘one’ if you walk out of your house and forget your car keys.
    You are a number two if you forget your keys and the house door closes and locks behind
    you.
    You are a three if you forget your keys, let the door lock, and forget where you parked
    your car.
    You’re a four if you do the above and then run into your next door neighbor and he tells
    you he will take you to your car. He then takes you to his other neighbor’s car.
    You’re a five if both of you decide to walk back home but neither of you know what
    street you live on.
    That may sound corny, but trust me. There is a ‘kernel’ or two of truth in it.
    Seriously. Primary or True Dementia’s result from diseases. Alzheimer’s, Parkinson’s,
    Pick’s, Huntington’s, Creutzfeldt-Jacob’s are some of the disease’s.
    Secondary Dementia’s can result from a host of physical conditions. Everything from
    Alcoholism, Depression, Poor Nutrition, to.........ta da! Brain Tumor.
    I know something about those last two scary words. “Brain tumor.”
    More on that in my next post.

There you go again, makin' me laugh...then makin' me cry.

All the best to you and yours, Tp.

That is scary! I keep getting this in my Inbox, so will share it here. I guess this is only the first stage, hmmm?

Age Activated Attention Deficit Disorder.
    This is how is manifests itself: I decide to wash my car. As I start toward to the garage, I notice that there is mail on the hall table. I decide to go through the mail before I wash the car.
    I lay my car keys down on the table, put the junk mail in the trash can under the table, and notice that the trash can is full.So, I decide to put the bills back on the table and take out the trash first, but then I think that since I’m going to be near the mailbox when I take out the trash anyway, I may as well pay the bills first.
    I take my checkbook off the table and see that there is only one check left. My extra checks are in my desk in the study, so I go to my desk where I find the can of Coke that I had been drinking. I’m going to look for my checks, but first I need to push the Coke aside so that I don’t accidentally knock it over.
    I see that the Coke is getting warm, and I decide I should put it in the refrigerator to keep it cold.
    As I head toward the kitchen with the Coke, a vase of flowers on the counter catches my eye–they need to be watered.
    I set the Coke down on the counter and I discover my reading glasses that I’ve been searching for all morning.
    I decide I’d better put them back on my desk, but first I’m going to water the flowers.
    I set the glasses back down on the counter, fill a container with water, and suddenly I spot the TV remote. Someone left it on the kitchen table. I realize that tonight, when we go to watch TV, we will be looking for the remote, but nobody will remember that it’s on the kitchen table, so I decide to put it back in the den where it belongs, but first I’ll water the flowers.
    I splash some water on the flowers, but most of it spills on the floor. So, I set the remote back down on the table, get some towels and wipe up the spill.
    Then I head down the hall trying to remember what I was planning to do.
    At the end of the day; the car isn’t washed, the bills aren’t paid, there is a warm can of Coke sitting on the counter, the flowers aren’t watered, there is still only one check in my checkbook,I can’t find the remote, I can’t find my glasses, and I don’t remember what I did with the car keys.
    Then, when I try to figure out why nothing got done today, I’m really baffled because I know I was busy all day long and I’m really tired. I realize this is a serious problem, and I’ll try to get some help for it, but first I’ll check my e-mail.
    Do me a favor, will you? Forward this message to close friends you
    know, because I don’t remember to whom it has been sent.
    Don’t laugh - if this isn’t you yet, your day is coming! And if I have
    sent this to you before….well, now you know why you’re getting it again.