Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Michelle Obama says husband's home country is Kenya

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HLDHD...layer_embedded

45 seconds in.

I don't know about you, but my home country is the U.S.A. Where my father or mother or distant relatives came from is not my home country.

This is probably just a very poorly worded sentence on her part, but she said it, and it's funny and relevant nonetheless.

I know the usual BO defenders will likely pop off here, dismissing this as nothing, and accusing me of promoting a typical right-wing attack over nothing, but it was interesting that when Bush or Rumsfeld said something seemingly incriminating, no defense was offered by those people, it was used by the left as an attack against them. Not that I care much for Bush, but the hypocrisy of this right vs. left crap is just absolutely ridiculous. OK to use these types of things when it's against the right, but dismissed as making a mountain out of a mole-hill when it's against the left.

Good day!

Two wrongs make a right [[to troll)?

I was born in Detroit, and consider myself a US citizen. But I also consider my tribal home as my home country. I don't really see a conflict. Obama is a US citizen who values his family ties in Kenya.

Whatever. *yawn*

Quote Originally Posted by gazhekwe View Post
    I was born in Detroit, and consider myself a US citizen. But I also consider my tribal home as my home country. I don't really see a conflict. Obama is a US citizen who values his family ties in Kenya.
    I still refer to myself as Hungarian. Don't most people have a homeland?

"Tribal home"
    "Homeland"

2nd generation American's homeland is America.

Quote Originally Posted by johnsmith View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HLDHD...layer_embedded

45 seconds in.

I don't know about you, but my home country is the U.S.A. Where my father or mother or distant relatives came from is not my home country.

This is probably just a very poorly worded sentence on her part, but she said it, and it's funny and relevant nonetheless.

I know the usual BO defenders will likely pop off here, dismissing this as nothing, and accusing me of promoting a typical right-wing attack over nothing, but it was interesting that when Bush or Rumsfeld said something seemingly incriminating, no defense was offered by those people, it was used by the left as an attack against them. Not that I care much for Bush, but the hypocrisy of this right vs. left crap is just absolutely ridiculous. OK to use these types of things when it's against the right, but dismissed as making a mountain out of a mole-hill when it's against the left.

Good day!
    You're the only one who cares.......get a life! And, get over it, even though I know it is killing you - A black man is President of our country.

Welcome to my ignore list. It's getting a little crowded in there.

Just wait until we get a Mexican president.

Quote Originally Posted by Papasito View Post
    "Tribal home"
    "Homeland"

2nd generation American's homeland is America.
    In your opinion, which contrary to your belief, is not the only correct one.

Quote Originally Posted by ct_alum View Post
    You're the only one who cares.......get a life! And, get over it, even though I know it is killing you - A black man is President of our country.
    He's black? Nice of YOU to notice and bring it up. I'm colorblind when it comes to such things, but obviously it adds a dose of importance to you.

The comments on here are very predictable. I even said I felt Michelle simply mis-spoke, and left it at that, but all you haters that populate this board act like I am making some sort of accusation that is just not there. I recommend all you illiterates re-read my post until you comprehend what I said instead of having a temper tantrum like you predictably did.

Of course, we get the rants, the yawns, etc. But when the "right" has some sort of slip of the tongue like this, you same folks would be foaming at the mouth saying "I knew it! I knew it! See, see, see!"

So my point from my initial post is completely validated by your comments here on how ridiculous and hypocritical you all are.

Good day!

Oh, I almost forgot to say thanks for proving my point. So thank you! I had a feeling you wouldn't let me down.

And Pam, that's so sweet.

I even said I felt Michelle simply mis-spoke, and left it at that, but all you haters that populate this board act like I am making some sort of accusation that is just not there. I recommend all you illiterates re-read my post until you comprehend what I said instead of having a temper tantrum like you predictably did.
    Okay, I re-read your post and you said:

Oops, looks like you didn't "left it at that," afterall.

Quote Originally Posted by East Detroit View Post
    Okay, I re-read your post and you said:

Oops, looks like you didn't "left it at that," afterall.
    Looks like our most recent ditto head fails to understand that which he, himself posts.

Great catch East Detroit.

In your opinion, which contrary to your belief, is not the only correct one.
    National heritage and homeland are two different things.
    if you are born and raised in one country it's not very viable to say another is your home.
    it's the home of your ancestors, not your own

This should do wonders for his approval rating which is now in the low 40's. Second term?? bwahaha..

Not this dumb shit again.

Beyond his Kenyan heritage, President Obama made it clear, publicaly that he views himself as a world citizen so this is not inconsistent to that, thus, not surprising.

As time goes on we will see how that perspective [[self view) guides his presentation of America and sets US policy at the global level. We are already seeing it.

Hah! Michelle is an intelligent woman, who finds it hard to do "politically correct" even for the good of the party, eh-hmm. She sounded off a few gaffs [[revealing her world view) during the run [[which had to damaged controlled), so new ones are no surprise.

Thus, they smartly keep her reigned doing little cutesy stuff like the prescribed first lady "vegetable talk" at the white house etc. In-house [[the white house that is) restraint on first ladies is nothing new...

All I know is that if every comment of criticism regarding president Obama is going to be met with "he's a black man as the president--deal with it" etc. or some other such responses you hear, it IS going to be a LONG four years.

And it will be interesting to see how he [[Obama) responds and sets policy with such a default shielding. No man walks on water.... or maybe this one does?

BTW, I am black, and not a repub. I'm a dem by voting card, but an independent thinker/ voter beyond any card. Nor did I ever vote for Bush.....
    Quote Originally Posted by Sstashmoo View Post
    This should do wonders for his approval rating which is now in the low 40's. Second term?? bwahaha..
    Last edited by Zacha341; April-08-10 at 09:44 AM.

Yep, his approval rating is dropping as some [[even deep-dish democrats) have buyers remorse as the full agenda is coming forth on the local and international and global scene... Pelosi and Biden et al are giddy in their enthusiasm of the progress...
    Last edited by Zacha341; April-08-10 at 10:08 AM.

jcole:
    Isten aldja meg a magyart!

Not this crap again!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ejames01 View Post
    Not this crap again!!!!
    Yeah, I know. Michelle should have kept her mouth shut about it.

Retroit Guest

Michelle Obama is a "Birther".

Not really worried about approval ratings right now. The nature of the beast is if you take action on a domestic or international agenda, a certain segment of the people aren't going to like it, which will reflect in the ratings. If Obama can keep it over 40% he will be in good shape. Also one needs to think that the people who might run against him have even lower approval ratings. Oh ! with one exception. If you scare the people into letting you fight an undeclaired, unfunded war base on lies while claiming its for national security then your approval ratings should shoot thru the roof.
    Last edited by firstandten; April-08-10 at 03:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve View Post
    jcole:
    Isten aldja meg a magyart!
    What about the Aldi Megamart?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast