Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Sean Hannity, Oliver North. Dispicable bastards!!

They may not be personally responsible for the mess, or maybe they do, but they are the posterboys for Freedom Alliance who organize conserts for the benefit of giving scholarships to children of fallen soldiers and give support to soldiers maimed in conflict. But this read is utter devistating for their not all too great reputation.

Money grabbing bastards is what they are!!

Read this.

Here's a quote.

According to its 2006 tax returns, Freedom Alliance reported revenue of $10, 822, 785, but only $397,900–or a beyond-measly 3.68%–of that was given to the children of fallen troops as scholarships or as aid to severely injured soldiers.
    On the other hand, 62% of the money went to “expenses,” including $979,485 for “consultants” and an “advisor.” Yes, consultant/advisors got more than double what injured troops and the kids of fallen troops got. The tax forms show that “New World Aviation” got paid $60,601 for “air travel.” Was that for Hannity’s G5? Like I said, neither the charity nor Hannity is talking. And finally, that year, Freedom Alliance spent $1,730,816 on postage and shipping and $1,414,215 on printing, for a total of $3,145,031, nearly half the revenue the charity spent that year and about eight times what the injured troops and the children of fallen ones received.
    That’s especially heartbreaking when you compare the hundreds of thousands consultants got and the millions spent on printing and postage to the outrageously small amounts given to wounded soldiers. In 2006, Freedom Alliance gave only $1,000 to a soldier from Bay City, Michigan, whom the charity says was in the following condition:
    Face was blown up and lost sight in one eye.
    And that $1,000 was relatively generous, when you consider this soldier from Romulus, Michigan, whom Freedom Alliance only gave $200:<B>
    SM [serviceman] was involved in roadside bomb incident in Iraq, which caused loss of both legs and left arm.
    </B>
    Romulus is a mostly Black Detroit suburb, which is one of the poorest cities in Michigan and in America. Freedom Alliance gave this brave soldier roughly $67 per limb. That’s sickening.
    So is the fact that this soldier, from Alexandria, Virginia, also only got $200 from Freedom Alliance:
    SM was wounded in Iraq by an IED explosion. Lost right arm and severe shrapnel wounds to upper body and face.
    Also appalling is the fact that in each year’s tax returns soldiers described as having brain trauma injuries, multiple amputated limbs, and severe burns over most of their bodies get a few hundred bucks each from Freedom Alliance and in almost every case, no more than $1,000.
    Sick... Just sick. Using the misery of Americans who gave their lives or limbs to generate a fortune. Bah!

I wonder when ccbatson will come in to defend his boy...

Scams are scams and I'm not about to download packets claiming to be "tax returns" to check them out. Got a better source? One that may not be a downloadable file that can corrupt my hard drive?

...and by the way, if Hannity's concert tour really is all about money for him, I hope it's exposed.

Theres a lot that goes into those tours, the expenses of the concerts themselves, are the performers paid and how much? advertising, operating costs, security, renting out the stadiums, ect ect ect
    what needs to be shown is the bottom line between expenses, profit, and actual contributions.

a biased article really is not going to be your best source to hang these guys

and remember, like i said, if they are crooks, i hope they hang for it.

Stosh Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Papasito View Post
    Scams are scams and I'm not about to download packets claiming to be "tax returns" to check them out. Got a better source? One that may not be a downloadable file that can corrupt my hard drive?

...and by the way, if Hannity's concert tour really is all about money for him, I hope it's exposed.

Theres a lot that goes into those tours, the expenses of the concerts themselves, are the performers paid and how much? advertising, operating costs, security, renting out the stadiums, ect ect ect
    what needs to be shown is the bottom line between expenses, profit, and actual contributions.

Try reading through these. 2006 is in there.
    Improved slightly to $895,347 in 2007, on revenue of over 12 million dollars.

That's not surprising.

http://www.eri-nonprofit-salaries.co...1430&Year=2009

Also mentioned in this piece is the notion of one artists who tells that he was performing for free and paid his own expenses.

And it's all over the net.

Another nice summary.
    Last edited by Whitehouse; April-04-10 at 08:47 PM.

OK so it's "all over the net"
    but with the disdain and dislike that the left wing media has for Sean Hannity,
    don't you think if there was any solid credibility to this story,
    it should have been the leading news story on all major networks over the weekend?

it should have been the leading news story on all major networks over the weekend?

Of course, but then the right will accuse them of a left-wing attack, as is habitual. But the figures don't lie. Sofar all the Freedom Alliance has done is tell these are baseless lies, without disproving them. I think this mouse will have a looong tail.

Stosh Guest

I don't suppose that you bothered to read the 990 statements I posted above here then. There's all the credibility in the world you need if you bother to actually look.

Have you ever considered that the media is not left wing, merely self serving and bought by the largest bidder, or have you drunk so much right wing kool-aid that you can't think for yourself?

Once again, there's a reason cons refer to themselves as ditto heads. Their lack of thinking for themselves and relying on right wing sound bites to tell them what to believe in.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Papasito

Quote Originally Posted by Detroitej72 View Post
    Have you ever considered that the media is not left wing, merely self serving and bought by the largest bidder, or have you drunk so much right wing kool-aid that you can't think for yourself?

Once again, there's a reason cons refer to themselves as ditto heads. Their lack of thinking for themselves and relying on right wing sound bites to tell them what to believe in.
    Papasito hailed Joe Stack[[the idiot who crashed his plane into a building to "punish" the IRS) as a hero. After being called out on it, he came up with an off-the-wall comparison of Martin Luther King in a far fetched fantasy.
    Case closed.

WOW. Seriously... you guys are so partisan and narrow minded.
    There is left wing influenced media and there is right wing influenced media.

May statement still holds true and is a valid question :
    If Hannity is 100% guilty of extorting his fans and concert attendees for his own personal gain and being fraudulent or dishonest about the proceeds to a donation driven tour, then why are left wing influenced major news and cable networks not making this a major story?

Why are NO major networks or cable news channels not reporting this AT ALL?

You guys are so predictable with your knee-jerk partisan blinders-on reactions that you really don't even deserve a response when you bark like a dog when given a command.

Did I not type:
    ??

Obviously if you use your grey matter, you can see that I am not in the tank for them.
    What I am saying is you can't believe everything you read on the intrawebz.
    Papasito hailed Joe Stack[[the idiot who crashed his plane into a building to "punish" the IRS) as a hero.
    I don't condone violence, but I do see how the tyrannical practices of the IRS can send someone off the deep end. The man wrote a long letter explaining why he did it, and had some very valid points about the policies of the IRS and the Government. He did a morally wrong thing by killing "innocents to make his point, but let's remember : the guy was a self proclaimed liberal. He was not a righty, nor was a "teabagger", as you folks respectfully dub members of the Tea Party movement.
    Besides, it's not like the Left doesn't condone violence against the estabilishment. Like how the Left hails Ayers and gives him a pass?
    How about the military gunning down civilians in Iraq during Obama's watch? That video was released yesterday from mainstream media. Where's the outrage from that?

Had these things gone down with a Repbulican in office, you folks would be singing a completely different tune.

I have made myself clear in the past I am not a right winger. I embrace [[and oppose) some values of both parties and consider myself an independant. But time and time again, people regurgitate what they hear from thier political entertainment shows and assume before they think.
    Last edited by Papasito; April-07-10 at 07:56 AM.

Papasito, seriously. Go outside and take a walk, maybe to a library or a bookstore. Go to the periodical and newspaper department. Read. Everything. Repeat.

May statement still holds true and is a valid question :
    If Hannity is 100% guilty of extorting his fans and concert attendees for his own personal gain and being fraudulent or dishonest about the proceeds to a donation driven tour, then why are left wing influenced major news and cable networks not making this a major story?
    Maybe you should do a little research before you continue screaming. Ed Schultz talked about it last week on his radio show and he challenged Hannity to actually donate the money to perspective students.

Of coarse Sean has yet to respond, he must be waiting for his writers to script a response.

Ed Schultz talked about it last week on his radio show
    Bickering radio jocks? Please.
    How about a challenge from The View or Barbera Walters, 60 minutes or CNN, then we have something cooking.

Two corrections:
    1. Scamming charities really is not news. Most of them spend way too much money on salaries and admin costs. There is a really nice website that tracks non-profit orgs, but I cannot think of the same.

2. I think the Iraq video you are referring to is from 2007.

Bickering radio jocks? Please.
    How about a challenge from The View or Barbera Walters, 60 minutes or CNN, then we have something cooking.

9mile&seneca Guest

What's the big deal here? I thought this was the way to get rich in this country. LBJ and his cronies made millions off keeping Vietnam strung out till it looked like we were making war on Sri-Lanka or something. and Cheney was the f---ing CEO of Halliburton for f---'s sake.

Sean Hannity does not shun inanity.

Papasito, you need to hear the truth from a bunch of women on a talk show? You just lost your last chance ever to being taken seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by 9mile&seneca View Post
    What's the big deal here? I thought this was the way to get rich in this country. LBJ and his cronies made millions off keeping Vietnam strung out till it looked like we were making war on Sri-Lanka or something. and Cheney was the f---ing CEO of Halliburton for f---'s sake.
    Smoke another bowl 9mile&seneca! You are clearly a pot headed tool, as you proved with this lame post...

I'm sorry, but WTF does this mean
    Today, 08:13 PM
    canuck

Sean Hannity does not shun inanity.

Papasito, you need to hear the truth from a bunch of women on a talk show? You just lost your last chance ever to being taken seriously.
    Mainstream media.
    The View girls are big libs.
    If there is solid dirt on Hannity, those hens would love to be all over him.
    It's not about using them as a news source, it's about exposing things to the public.
    Don't be so critical of other people, you come across as a hypersensitive hater.

As a sidenote, I can't listen to Hannity. He repeats the same crap over and over again, he's annoying, his blabbering is worse than grating nails on a chalkboard. When I hear him on the radio, I can't take more than about 2 minutes of his crap.

There are a few "Conservative" talk show hosts that have entertainment value.....Hannity is not one of them.

Quote: "If there is solid dirt on Hannity, those hens would love to be all over him."

You don't get it. It is all a big corporate show, the folks in front of the camera get their marching orders, and some topics and issues are off limits.

Bullet Guest

If it on the net and it's anti-right wing it is always true. ALWAYS! The truth lives at www.net.com for cryin' aloud. Darnit, I shuldda bolded this text to make it even more truer-er.

Quote Originally Posted by jcole View Post
    I'm sorry, but WTF does this mean

Today, 08:13 PM
    canuck

Sean Hannity does not shun inanity
    look up "inane"

Sean Hannity is like most cons on the radio, a loud, obnoxious blowhard who screams down any voice of dissension, and hangs up on them.

These radical shows are multiplying like cockroaches because they cater to the lowest common denominator and create advertising dollars. The ditto heads tend to blindly follow whatever the host preaches, without actually checking on the facts. You need to remember the show hosts are entertainers, plane and simple, not some kind of expert like cons tend to believe.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast