Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Where to rent a Ford Mustang convertible

As a 60th birthday gift to my dad--a American muscle car fanatic--I am flying him to Detroit for the Woodward Dream Cruise and a tour of other auto "shrines" around town. I'd like to rent a Ford Mustang convertible [[Dad's dream car) for him to drive around town while he's here, but none of the national car rental companies is working well for me. Does anyone know a local place that rents cars like this?

Sorry, I don't know. Hope you find someone.

If he's a real muscle car fanatic just be sure to get a GT. A 6-cylinder would be a serious disappointment.

There's a guy near me who has a counterfeit GT. It has the bumpers and the badging but only one exhaust pipe. I feel so embarrassed for him.

There have been poeple who rented vintage cars specifically for the Dream Cruise. I haven't seen anything about that lately. Here is a site that might help:

http://www.101classiccarrental.com/advertiser/

Check with Hertz, as they almost always have Mustangs. In addition to convertibles, over the past few years they have made arrangements with Ford and Shelby to get some special GTs and GT-Hs. If you're going to go part way, why not go all the way?

You might have to check with the airport agencies, as I think they tend to get the Shelbys.

Thank you for the advice!

You can rent a regular Mustang convertible from Hertz.

Got a red convertible 1989 Mustang in excellent condition for 3000.00. ! 68,000 miles