Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default Contact info for former Tiger pitcher Frank Lary

Looking for contact information for former Detroit Tigers pitcher Frank Lary. I recently acquired some rare film footage and I'd like to give him a DVD copy.

Frank Lary, the "Yankee Killer"

ZabaSearch has this info:
    FRANK S LARY Born Apr 1930
    11813 BASEBALL DR
    NORTHPORT, AL
    35475 [[205) 339-2838

Not sure if he's the same, but Lary was from Alabama and the birth date's correct.

That's got to be him. It matches his daetes in Baseball-reference.com. http://www.baseball-reference.com/pl...laryfr01.shtml

A tough little pitcher and a fan favorite because he had the hated Yankees number. I had a Frank Lary Fan Club card from when I was a kid.
    Great career record:
    12 Seasons 128-116 .525 3.49 ERA
    He would have been a multi-millionaire in today's game.

Wow! That was quick! What I have is film footage of Lary from 1963 singing and playing "Wabash Cannonball" on a guitar. And he ain't half bad!

I recall going to a Tiger game with Frank Lary going up against Whitey Ford. I don't recall the score but the Tigers lost. May have been shutout.

Frank Lary was on that Tiger team in '61 that won 100 games and came in second place.

If Rosa Parks can live on her Street[[@ least til she wintered out here) you figure a Tiger can live on Baseball Drive. There's a Red Wing i run into @ Mass out here-he had the bad timing to go on the line after Gordie Howe left & told me he never got used 2 the bad press[[as if ANYBODY can replace Gordie Howe...).

Didn't he blow out his arm [[elbow?) out in '63, effectively ending his major league career?

He could hit decently enough, too for a pitcher. I'll grant you he was no Don Mossi [[although Mossi's batting skills may be a myth, he carried a .163 lifetime BA), but Lary hit .177 for his career, and had a little power. I remember watching him hit a homer in Tiger Stadium in '62.

Too bad he was not related to Yale Lary. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yale_Lary

Pretty fair pitching lineup back then-Lary, Bunning, Mossi & Foytack. Too bad
    Bunning turned out to such a creep personally but you can't deny his talent. Wonder if there was any jelousy between Bunning & Lary.

Quote Originally Posted by Hermod View Post
    Frank Lary, the "Yankee Killer"
    I was about 11 and we would buy a box of cards ...5 cents a pack...almost got into a fight with my best friend over who got to use 'the Yankee Killer' in our flip card games....Paw Paw was my favorite non Al Kaline Tiger.

Yes, old Charlie Maxwell.
    I remember him catching fly balls in batting practice backhanded!

11813 Baseball Dr is off Frank Lary Dr and situated on Lary Lake. I would think Mr. Lary is quite popular in Northport AL.

paw Paw was my hero too because he was left handed. I believe he at one time held a major league record for left fielders, 160 games without an error. I was proud of him until dad pointed out that Charlie was so slow he never could get into position to make an error.

I've always thought it was Opening Day 1962 when Frank Lary ruined his arm by pitching in cold weather but memory being what it is I could be off by a year.