Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Thread: WDET Dead Air?

Default WDET Dead Air?

Anyone know whats up with WDET? They have been off air tonight.

Funny, I had them on in the background...but only noticed them gone when they popped back up...it was alarming.

They were gone for a while...somebody fell asleep, I'd bet!

How long did the dead air last for? I fell asleep during an overnight shift at WCBN before, but somebody came by within 30 minutes after not being able to wake my exhausted self via the non-ringing DJ booth lines. Oof that was embarrassing.

Who works the overnight shift at WDET these days? I used to love listening to Ann Delisi & Liz Copeland.

http://www.wdetfm.org/schedule.php

From their site, the BBC World Service runs all night, so that rules out a passed out DJ. Maybe a volunteer intern.

Ravine Guest

Maybe they ran out of talk shows and shows that talk about music and, faced with the option of actually playing music, elected to just shut down altogether.

Wonder what cuts will be next, or which other programs will repeat, following the upcoming pledge drive.

Don't worry. You still have 89X for your alternative music selection. Hahahaha.

Dead air on WDET would only be an improvement.

Bullet Guest

WDET is dead air. Always.