Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Towne Club and Frostie Root Beer?

Saw individual bottles of Towne Club pop. Red, Cola, Fruit Punch and Orange for sale at 99 cents each and Frostie Root Beer four packs at Hollywood Market today. Both contain HFC not sugar. Towne Club says bottled by the Towne Club Bev Corp [[ I can't remember what the Frostie had) but both had Detroit MI on the bottle. Anyone know more about these?

i picked some up the other day [[they have them at Hollywood Market as well.) I liked the fruit punch. Orange and grape were ok.

Just saw the same thing today. I didn't notice Frostie Root Beer, but I did notice the Towne Club. They were individual bottles that looked about quart size, or a little smaller. I saw them at the Hollywood Market on Lapeer Road in Lake Orion. I also noticed they carried Atwater Brewery beer, from Detroit.

I've seen Frostie at Westborn Fruit Market.

The Shell Station at Balwin and Brown in Auburn Hills near Great Lakes Crossing has a big selection of Towne Club as well. I've been making it a point to stop in and try a different flavor when I go through the area. Haven't been able to bring myself to try the Strawberry flavor as nothing can live up to Faygo Red Pop on my opinion.

Cass1966 Guest

Remember Double Cola? If you scrach away the cork under the bottle cap and see the Double Cola label, you get a free one.

I remember as a kid my Dad would take me to Towne Club on Saturdays. You would fill up the wooden crate with all the flavors like lime and creme soda, it was awesome!

Glory Supermarket in Hamtramck carries Towne Club soda.

Isn't Frostie from Texas?

man, i cant find a bottle of FAYGO in Arizona....was in Detroit in 1999, and bought some bottles to keep on my shelf. best 'pop' ever growing up in the 60's.

Who bottled Double Cola in the Detroit area? I know Royal Crown was bottled by Vernors.